Should juveniles be sent to the death chamber? - Page 2 of 5

MY opinion is that people should be judged - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th May, 2003 - 8:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
5th Apr, 2003 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

Should juveniles be sent to the death chamber? - Page 2

Mental illness is no "excuse" either.

Okay, what kind of mental illness are we talking about?. For instance I heard a woman doctor killed two or three people while she was working in a hospital in the USA. She just had what it seems to be a neurotic attack, got a knife and started stabbing people like crazy. The doctors presume she suffers from squizofrenia. Can this woman be sent to death even though she was not concious of what she was doing?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2003 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

Should juveniles be sent to the death chamber?
A Friend

chamber death to sent juveniles Should

Okay, what kind of mental illness are we talking about?. For instance I heard a woman doctor killed two or three people while she was working in a hospital in the USA. She just had what it seems to be a neurotic attack, got a knife and started stabbing people like crazy. The doctors presume she suffers from squizofrenia. Can this woman be sent to death even though she was not concious of what she was doing?

Any Kind!
If they're that nuts they need to be taken out of the gene pool anyway, so they don't reproduce their nuttiness.

4th May, 2003 - 10:28am / Post ID: #

Should juveniles be sent to the death chamber? History & Civil Business Politics

:spock: Did you know Utah is the only State in the US that has a firing squad option?

EDITORIAL: ELIMINATE 'FIRING SQUAD' OPTION
Utah is the only state in the nation that gives death row inmates a choice
between death by injection or firing squad. With the prospect of the state
conducting two executions by firing squad this summer, the Utah Legislature
needs to re-examine this issue.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...34295%2C00.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 5th May, 2003 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 chamber death to sent juveniles Should

I'm against adults going to the death chamber much less for juveniles?
In order to be condemned to death they must have done atrocious acts but shouldn't we give them another chance to get their act together? They're still young and deserve another chance for repentance and maybe to do good.
If we are against murder, how is it we can condone the death of children and adolescents? Isn't  that a double standard or maybe even hypocrisy?

5th May, 2003 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

chamber death to sent juveniles Should

In order to be condemned to death they must have done atrocious acts but shouldn't we give them another chance to get their act together?

Now I am not disagreeing with you, I just want to ask a question... would you give someone like let's say Osama Bin Laden a second chance? Would you do it if all your family died in the WTC? How about Hitler? How about a man that maybe raped your family and then killed them? I guess what I am trying to find out is where do we draw the line and say, okay 'you deserve death, you deserve life'.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 7th May, 2003 - 4:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

For a person such as Hitler I wouldn't be sorry if he was sent to the death chamber but the fact remains that its still wrong for us to condone death when our faith teaches us peace and forgiveness. Now if someone hurts us physically, then we can act in self defense if our life is in immediate danger. But when people are caught when they do wrong, we cannot send them to their death even if we secretly wish it.
When they die, God will deliver his justice upon them. Its not in our hands to do so.
Yes JB@Trinidad, the lines do tend to get blurred and life is never exactly in black and white. Most of the time we opearte in the uncertain grey area. But we all deserve life. So many of the criminals have made that decision to take life away by senselessly killing and hurting others. However we cannot follow their path. Would you want to be responsible for the death of someone? As Jesus preached mercy, so must we.
I'm sure you've seen shows where a mother was able to forgive her daughter's rapist or killer and fought to prevent him from receiving the death penalty. How was she able to forgive and why did she have a change of heart?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th May, 2003 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

Should juveniles sent to death chamber - Page 2

Alana you must have a very forgiving heart and that is a very good thing to have.

Post Date: 7th May, 2003 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Should juveniles sent to death chamber Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

MY opinion is that people should be judged based on there MENTAL AGE, because someone can be young but have a very grown up mature mind and understand the difference between right and wrong, and someone might be older but have the mental age of an 8 year old. If the juvenile seems to understand what they did was wrong, then what should the difference in juctice be between them and an adult?
yea "Death penalties" are a sad thing to see it to happen to anyone wether child or adult.
but if that is the rule of the contry then everyone who does wrong and understands that they did wrong should get the same treatment.

People change and should have the right for a second chance in life, we all do wrong but some mistakes cant go without a penalty we should all learn this before its too late, if everyone kept this in mind maybe there would be less crimes and no need for penalties. :-X

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Should juveniles be sent to the death chamber?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,