Politics - The Next US President? - Page 5 of 25

Bush's most recent strategy to give - Page 5 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 8th Jan, 2004 - 5:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (25) »

?
Poll: Are you happy that Pres. Bush was re-elected for another term?
  Yes       25.00%
  No       75.00%
Total Votes: 4

Closed
2nd Dec, 2003 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

Politics - The Next US President? - Page 5

I think President Bush will do whatever he feels is right. I think that is how he always does things. I am not saying everything he does is right, but I think everything is does he believes is right. I must admit that due to the reelection he does have to pay attention to what others think as well. I think this is a good thing in that it is getting him to move more quickly at getting our troops out of Iraq. Once the election is passed, there is nothing to make him do anything because of public or political pressure since he can only be elected twice so he knows he cannot be reelected.

So, from that viewpoint, I think he will be less careful. I do think he will be subjected to pressure from his political party because they will want a republican in the white house when he leaves as well. I do not think he will really care about this pressure though. I think he is a man of principals. Whether or not you or I agree with his principals is something entirely different. smile.gif

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Sponsored Links:
2nd Dec, 2003 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

President US The Politics

Tena, please tell us more about the other candidates, are they good? When is the date for the election?.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

2nd Dec, 2003 - 8:41pm / Post ID: #

Politics - The Next US President? History & Civil Business Politics

Well, since I am conservative and they are all very liberal, I don't like any of them. Generally speaking I vote republican and these candidates are democrat.

Howard Dean is from Vermont. He is the front runner. Vermont is an extremely liberal state. In fact, it is one of the first to have civil unions for same sex couples.

John Kerry is from Massachusetts. Of all of them, he would be my first choice, except that I expect I will vote for George Bush. He served in Viet Nam, so he is less anti-military than the rest. I do not mean anti-war, but anti-military in the sense that democrats tend to give lower pay increases and spend less on the military than republicans and I think this is directly responsible for the fact that there are so many reservists who have had to be called up for active duty for such a long period of time in Iraq. We know longer have an active force large enough to handle any "emergencies" that arise.

General Clark would probably be pro-military but other than the military, he is also extremely liberal so he won't get my vote. He has no political experience at all. I think the President should have some.

I do not think the other candidates running in the primary (I think there are at least 9) have any chance at all.

I believe I need to take my religious values into consideration when I vote which is why a democrat for president isn't likely at this time to get my vote. At the federal level the party controls them or they don't ever get to the point where they can be taken seriously as a candidate. At the local level, I think party affiliation can be less of any issue.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

14th Dec, 2003 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 President US The Politics

It is very interesting the strategies that the Democratic candidates are employing against President Bush.

This week, John Kerry attacked President Bush for not doing anything about stopping the problems of gasoline additives that are leaching into water supplies. It seems that some towns in New Hampshire and California have high quantities of MTBE, a strongly suspected carcinogen, that was federally mandated to be added to gasoline a few years ago.

The thing about it is, Congress mandated that MTBE be added, and the law that mandated it was sponsored by Kerry! IOW, the Democrats required that this substance be added, without proper research into its effectiveness and long-term effects. It soon became apparent that it did not do anything to reduce pollution, but rather leached into the ground. Now it can't really be cleaned up.

And, of course, it is all the fault of the wicked Republicans, not allowing enough tax money to be spent. The Democrats like Kerry who pushed the legislation through certainly can't be blamed for any of the problem.

NightHawk

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

14th Dec, 2003 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

President US The Politics

Now that Saddam Hussein appears to be captured, this will increase W's ratings and quiet the other candidates' heckling on that issue.

So much in politics happens behind the scenes -- it's hard to keep track of all these people's shenanigans.

LDS_Forever said:

Now do you all think that if he wins he will continue invading other countries like he did in Iraq or he will be more careful this time?
I think he will have to have a very solid explanation for wanting to do anything so drastic again. The American people (mostly) aren't really as stupid as our politicians would like to think we are.
When is the date for the election?.
November, 2004. I'm so glad I don't have cable TV smile.gif I don't have to be bombarded with political advertising and mud slinging this time around!!

Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

15th Dec, 2003 - 2:27am / Post ID: #

Politics - The Next US President?

Now that they caught Saddam Hussein I think Bush won the re-election, maybe I'm wrong but that's how I feel. Imagine this picture, you invade a country, you found no weapons and no Saddam Hussein, now that at least they caught him then everything changes. So I think this news give Bush a little break after all the pressure he's going through now.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Dec, 2003 - 12:08am / Post ID: #

Politics The US President - Page 5

I think he already had it sewn up.

You're right, there have been no WMDs found, yet. But there are eyewitness reports of lots of trucks crossing the Syrian border, along with Israeli intelligence reports that the weapons are in Syria. But for some reason, very little of this is reported in the mainstream media.

Additionally, when the US troops entered Baghdad, they found large amounts of chemicals in the river water, chemicals that were the precursors to various nerve gasses.

Saddam and his cronies did a good job of hiding and disposing of them.

In the 1980s, Saddam boasted of his WMDs. In the 1990s, he gave the UN weapon inspectors the runaround, then kicked them out of the country because they insisted in inspecting where THEY thought the weapons were. In the 2000s, he refused to let inspectors into the country, then when he finally did let them in, he severely restricted their movements.

He had WMDs. He used them on his own people and on his neighbors. He gave money, lots of it, to terrorist organizations. He arranged for the training, support, and supply of terrorist organizations, including bin Laden's. There is evidence that he provided the training facilities and instructors, as well.

President Bush laid it all out. The media only focused on a few words, which they took out of context, to make it look like it was only about WMDs. It never was. It was about the support and supply of terrorists. President Bush was right. And the majority of the US citizens realize it. But the Left puts spin on it to make him look bad.

I am confident that George W. Bush will be president of the US for another four years.

NightHawk

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

8th Jan, 2004 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

Politics The US President Politics Business Civil & History - Page 5

Bush's most recent strategy to give illegal immigrants work status seems like a good thing, or is it? The pros are obvious for the illegals, but the cons are... rewarding illegals for breaking laws? Is this another strategy to secure his Presidency?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3216 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (25) »

> TOPIC: Politics - The Next US President?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,