Politics - The Next US President? - Page 2 of 25

QUOTE Whoever wins in 2004 I'm pretty sure - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Aug, 2003 - 11:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (25) »

?
Poll: Are you happy that Pres. Bush was re-elected for another term?
  Yes       25.00%
  No       75.00%
Total Votes: 4

Closed
Post Date: 9th Jun, 2003 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

Politics -  The Next US President?
A Friend

Politics - The Next US President? - Page 2

Jb, I have wrote and rewrote this to try and not sound like I'm bashing Bush or the US.  I tend to make people upset with my political views, so if I offend anyone with what I am about to post, I'm sorry.  It's just my opinion and how I feel about it.  So, please no one take offense.

Jb, you are right about war is supposed to boost the economy and generate more jobs.  But unfortunately, in the case with the war on Iraq, it hasn't boosted anything.  There are more and more large companies laying people off.  With many layoffs, many people have stopped spending money, (i.e. buying homes, cars, home electronics, etc.).  They even have approved a bill to send out what they call 'tax relief checks' to help boost the economy.  Only, the lower class families (who really need the money and would spend it) were left off the bill at the last minute.  :(  Don't get me wrong, but I know the economy is very terrible in the US right now.  I really don't blame George Bush for it, but he does need to start helping to take care of 'home' (the US) as much as he takes an interest in the care of other countries.  I believe there is nothing wrong with helping other countries, just as long as Bush is helping at 'home' too.  

I sincerely hope that the next president, whoever that may be, will be a decent man with morals, and be a good leader.  That he will also take care of the issues in the US (i.e. education, homeless, jobless, economy, etc.) as much as he would take care of other countries in the same situation.

Sponsored Links:
9th Jun, 2003 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

President US The Politics

Jb, I have wrote and rewrote this to try and not sound like I'm bashing Bush or the US.  I tend to make people upset with my political views, so if I offend anyone with what I am about to post, I'm sorry.  It's just my opinion and how I feel about it.  So, please no one take offense.

Msslmshdy, don't worry about bashing Bush... you will see a lot of it on here. What we don't care for is becoming personal with people and name calling, but all that you have expressed is critical issues which must be voiced, so good job.

I sincerely hope that the next president, whoever that may be, will be a decent man with morals, and be a good leader.  That he will also take care of the issues in the US (i.e. education, homeless, jobless, economy, etc.) as much as he would take care of other countries in the same situation.

Now this is where you would have to fast like Ghandi because a man in politics such as the one you are asking for is really hard to find...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2003 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Politics - The Next US President? History & Civil Business Politics

Oh and it is after all the American people, not the world dictators of the UN that determine if Bush is re-elected.

So so true!! And it goes the same way for other countries too. Only the citizens of that country can decide who and what type of leader or govt they want. Not a third party to say so. Get my drift? wink.gif

I used to admire the US for a lot of things. And the American people have done a whole lot of tremendous things to help other nations. But these were more by the people not so much the politically motivated actions of the US govt. Among these are the Peace Corps. I have always admired the work they do and dedication they give. Although my country was not a big recipient of Peace Corps aid, I appreciate the benefits they bring to the poor people of other countries.

Now, whoever is elected this time should learn to assert the positive influence of such help and assistance of groups such as the Peace Corps. And over time, the US will be "invited" into other countries, and their style of govt, values, lifestyles, etc., will be "imported" in. And soon, the rest of the world will be very much 'Americanised', and the president of the US will be looked upon as a big brother rather than a big bully.

That is for the foreign front. Ultimately, it's the people of the US who have to decide for themselves who they want as their next President. Is it going to be another 4 years of the same 'foreign relations' and domestic economic policy disaster, or someone who can command admiration and respect in the world stage, yet able to lift the economy and the confidence of the American people.

4th Aug, 2003 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

Page 2 President US The Politics

:spock: Now isn't this interesting?

REPORT: POWELL WOULD NOT SERVE SECOND TERM
Secretary of State Colin Powell and his top deputy have told the White House
they will not serve a second term if President Bush is re-elected, The
Washington Post reported.
https://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/08/04/...m.ap/index.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2003 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

President US The Politics

Now, that sounds strange that Powell won't stay in office if Bush is re-elected.  It sounds bad when his own appointed officials don't want to be along side him if he is re-elected again.  :smile.gif  It seems like they don't have much faith in the way Bush is running things.  Although the article stated that the State Department denies the statement, it seems that there must be some kind of unrest among the officials in the White House.  I think that Mr. Powell did say it and that he meant it too.

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2003 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Politics - The Next US President?

Although the article stated that the State Department denies the statement, it seems that there must be some kind of unrest among the officials in the White House.  I think that Mr. Powell did say it and that he meant it too.

Yes, I believe too that there is no smoke without fire. Anyway, Powell has always been perceived as more dovish and naturally does not fit in very well with the hawkish administration.

To his credit, Powell is trying not to cause unnecessary distraction or disruption to the present Administration by trying to finish his term. But it must be quite difficult for him to be in that high profile position and having to constantly espouse and then defend policies that may be contrary to his own convictions.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Aug, 2003 - 10:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Politics The US President - Page 2

Wow, this has been an interesting read.  I am still a little new on this site so I don't "know" everyone well but I really enjoy hearing opinions of the US from non US citizens (as well as other US citizens)

I would say that Bush will most likely be re-elected unless the economy totally tanks.   Best I can tell most Americans see the war in Iraq as a stand against terrorism - and when it comes to what they believe is keeping their children safe they will support the president.  Of course, if your child is in the military that is a different story.  

Perhaps I'm too cynical but the way elections are run I believe it is really the political parties - not the people that elect the president.  From my understanding, a group of republican governors (and possibly businessmen) got together and decided who they wanted to run.  Rules regarding voting in primaries kept a lot of people from being able to vote for the candidate of their choice.  Other's voted for fear of Buchanan? taking the nomination and thus losing the election.  Everyone is free to vote in the general election but by then the parties have whittled down the choices.  

On a side note no one has even addressed primary reform when they talk about election reform.  It is better to talk and look pro-active than actually be pro-active when in politics.

I admit to some sour grapes because I was a supporter of John McCain.  In the actual presidential election I voted for a third party just to show I didn't care for either party's candidate.

Whoever wins in 2004 I'm pretty sure they will serve their own special interest supporters.  I don't expect the health of the US to  improve and imagine that tax burdens and social ills will only get worse.

Okay, I did mention I get a little cynical about politics didn't I.

9th Aug, 2003 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

Politics The US President Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Whoever wins in 2004 I'm pretty sure they will serve their own special interest supporters.  I don't expect the health of the US to  improve and imagine that tax burdens and social ills will only get worse.

Yes, it is unfortunately ever so typical of governments, but really (besides extreme situations) the government really has no control over the economy - its the average buyer! I enjoyed your remarks about how political leaders are choosen, it is true that you really have to end up voting for someone already voted for in a pre-election, but if it was not that way you would end up with something like what California is doing?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (25) »

> TOPIC: Politics - The Next US President?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,