Human Trafficking

Human Trafficking - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 26th Nov, 2005 - 12:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Top  Human Trafficking Sex trafficking - kidnapping - sold into prostitution
28th Aug, 2003 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

Human Trafficking

Sex Trafficking

Sometime you can't believe stories like this, but they are both true and unfortunately very common in some parts of the world.

international QUOTE

In Thailand, a struggle to halt human trafficking

Some say 'rescued' prostitutes may be acting voluntarily.
By Simon Montlake Source

Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking (Hover)

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Aug, 2003 - 12:30pm / Post ID: #

Human Trafficking
A Friend

Trafficking Human

It is sad that this still goes on.  When they enter countries illegally (or should I say, covertly) I am sure, it does make it hard for them to find legitament work.  Therefore, resulting in working in places such as that.  Plus, I am sure that they are already in debt to whoever it is bringing them there in the first place.  Thus, leaving them not much choice but to work in those places.

19th Sep, 2003 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

Human Trafficking History & Civil Business Politics

I was just thinking that human cloning goes hand in hand with this... if it fell into the wrong hands could you imagine requests for your own 'movie star' clone to be your maid or butler?

Abuse is also a a form of slavery, if not physical - mental. Bob Marley often talked about metal slavery where some people 'sell' themselves cheap. Prostitution is a form of human trafficking.

Another form is when people use themselves as guinea pigs for others... example: transporting drugs through surgery - they put the drugs in their thigh.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 21st Sep, 2003 - 10:08pm / Post ID: #

Human Trafficking
A Friend

Trafficking Human

I knew slavery existed, like the conflict diamonds and prostitution in Asia and the US but I had no idea of the global scale until I read the article in the latest National Geographic.  It is a heartbreaking report

https://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/03...ure1/index.html
There are more slaves today than were seized from Africa in four centuries of the trans-Atlantic slave trade. The modern commerce in humans rivals illegal drug trafficking in its global reach and in the destruction of lives

31st Oct, 2003 - 11:23am / Post ID: #

Trafficking Human

My understanding is that one of the absolute worst places for this horrendous crime is the Sudan.  In that case, it is clearly religious in nature, as the ruling Muslim society murders the Christian and animist people, and enslaves the women and children.  Apparently several other African countries are following in this pattern.  This is not even discussing the prevalent "white slavery" which is rampant in the sex industries of Asia, Russia, and even Europe.

NightHawk

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 17th Jul, 2004 - 6:52pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Human Trafficking

BUSH SLAMS CASTRO OVER SEX TRADE

President Bush vowed Friday to crack down at home and abroad on human trafficking, calling it "one of the worst offenses against human dignity."
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...77944%2C00.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Nov, 2005 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Human Trafficking

CHINESE MAN JAILED A YEAR FOR SMUGGLING PEOPLE

A Chinese man has been sentenced to one year in jail for his role in a people-smuggling operation to Canada.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...ing-051123.html

26th Nov, 2005 - 12:29pm / Post ID: #

Human Trafficking Politics Business Civil & History

I would applaud any measures to eradicate human trafficking.

But the problem I have with Bush's speech (in Bush slams Castro over sex trade) is two-fold. He seems to ignore the majority of people who are trafficked by focussing his rhetoric on sex workers. Fighting human trafficking should not be some moral crusade to get rid of sex workers, it's a lot deeper than that.

Secondly, when Bush uses the example of Cuba, he states:

"My administration is working toward a comprehensive solution of this problem: The rapid, peaceful transition to democracy in Cuba," Bush said. "We have put a strategy in place to hasten the day when no Cuban child is exploited to finance a failed revolution and every Cuban citizen will live in freedom."

It would appear by this statement Bush is really more concerned with pursuing regime change in Cuba. This is pathetic, who the hell does he think he is? Cuba is a sovereign nation. Bush, nor any other world leader, has no right to rapidly democratise this country. If he is so concerned about brining peace and freedom to the world why doesn't he target countries that are doing much worse, like North Korea, most of Africa and other nations in civil war.

Reconcile Edited: arvhic on 26th Nov, 2005 - 12:30pm

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Human Trafficking

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,