USA vs North Korea - Page 19 of 101

RUSSIANS SCORN RICE'S STANCE ON IRAN - Page 19 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 22nd Oct, 2006 - 5:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 101 pgs.  15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23  ...Latest (101) »

?
Poll: The North Korea affair can be summed up in this...
  North Korea needs to be invaded and taught a lesson       30.77%
  North Korea has been allowed to grow up as a bully       10.26%
  The USA has been too lenient with North Korea       7.69%
  China has allowed North Korea to get out of hand       2.56%
  Countries in the region need to stand up to North Korea       17.95%
  North Korea is just playing the field       7.69%
  North Korea is doing what any isolated sovereign nation would do       12.82%
  North Korea is really trying to be reunited with South Korea       2.56%
  If North Korea is pushed too far they will rain missiles on Japan       2.56%
  North Korea has serious military might that can cause WWIII       5.13%
Total Votes: 39
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome?
USA vs North Korea Related Information to USA vs North Korea
17th Oct, 2006 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea - Page 19

To be honest, his sharp remarks lend me to think he is just posturing. Despersate to try and jostle for position because he knows he is losing the war of words. I am not sure he would use nuclear weapons. China would never allow it.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Sponsored Links:
17th Oct, 2006 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

Korea North USA

QUOTE (arvhic @ 17-Oct 06, 3:27 PM)
China would never allow it.

So far China have not impressed me. They are remaining way too quiet on this whole issue. You never know.

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 17th Oct, 2006 - 7:39pm

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

19th Oct, 2006 - 2:14am / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea History & Civil Business Politics

N. Korea has been fairly smart at going to various countries to gain their technology and support (not just China). By doing this, they have really don't have a complete allegiance to any one country. If you think they are a "lap-dog", read this:

https://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/10/18/D8KR5TG00.html

There is a key note: N. Korea "informs" China of 3 additoinal nuke tests. Doesn't really sound like they are asking for any permission does it?

Kim Jong Il has seen what benefits that India and Pakistan have received since going nuclear and he wants some of that support too. IMO, I think he really wants to extract it from the US, so he can "stick-it" to the superpower and G. Bush. He has threatened with nukes for years and gotten food, money and some technology for a promiss that he would not develop a weapon. He took the money, food and technology and developed the weapon anyway. N. Korea had to explode the weapon to get more money, food and technology for the future because the goverments that were giving him all this stuff stopped when he started his nuclear program again. The only way to get the money and food rolling in again was to set a nuke off and extort the world.

If it were the US versus N. Korea, N. Korea would lose and it would be much easier to replace him than Saddam because there aren't 3 different ethinic groups fighting for control. However, Kim Jong Il is not stupid and he doesn't want to bring it to that level. He just wants his riches - which the world will provide him after this display of (as much as we don't want to think of it) power.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 19th Oct, 2006 - 2:19am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 19th Oct, 2006 - 12:31pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 19 Korea North USA

PYONGYANG WILL BE HELD 'TO ACCOUNT' ON NUCLEAR AGGRESSION: BUSH

U.S. President George W. Bush said Wednesday that his country would stop North Korea from transferring nuclear weapons and technology, warning Pyongyang it would then face "a grave consequence."
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...rice-visit.html

19th Oct, 2006 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

Korea North USA

I think you make a valid point Vincenzo. However I would stray from using the word smart and the Korean leader in one sentence. I don't believe he is smart at all. I think he is a cold blooded criminal who should be made to starve to death.

Furthermore, I don't think NK hold sway in this situation. They are desperately trying to get whatever they can out of the world, but not too many people are interested. Yes, it is posturing for political gain, but NK is one of the poorest countries in the world and is desperate to use their "nuclear" threat to stay relevant and survive. China could destroy the NK Government tomorrow if it pleased.

In fact the Us could possibly destroy NK with the push of a button. Yes, Kim Jong Ill is using the nuclear threat for political gain. No, he is not in a position to tell others what they should do for him.

Reconcile Edited: arvhic on 19th Oct, 2006 - 7:40pm

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

20th Oct, 2006 - 4:29am / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea

China "could" just invade N.Korea and take over the country that would add a few million more numbers to the poor of China. Of course, this would detract from the massive demand of funds that are being funneled for the "Grand Opening" that is called the Olympics. China really has wanted N. Korea to back off the nuke program, but they cannot simply tell N.Korea to do it and have them obey. Kim Jong Il does not report to Beijing and that does irritate China particularly because this was their opportunity to look like a world superpower that it wants to be. China has tried to get N. Korea backdown for a while and has even started their own sanctions against the non-compliant country. This is just like Taiwan not reporting to Beijing. As a mater of fact, no Mainland Chinese are allowed into Taiwan (pretty strange for a state that is supposed to be part of China) and they can do nothing about that as of yet. China would definitely prefer for N. Korea to stay nuke-free and depend on them for protection. Additionally, they would LOVE to broker the deal that brings the conflict to an end, as that would be a huge feather in China's cap (might even bring some UN benefits later). Read the article below and ask if it sounds like Kim is acting like a good little lap-dog:

https://www.guardian.co.uk/korea/article/0,,1861296,00.html

You could say he is going there because Beijing commanded a visit. OR You could say that Kim Jong Il is going their to get his grain and food back and make a deal with China. Why is it I picture increased exports of food to N. Korea from China and China taking the lead on a successful denuclearization treaty that has large food, oil and potentially technology strings attached to it? Of course, don't really expect that he is going to get rid of anything. Why would he follow through on a agreement at that point when he has never done it in the past?

Kim Jong Il has done this time and time again. Each time he gets more money, food and technology. However, each time, he has had to raise the stakes to extort the things he wants. His economy is pretty simple: build military and not infastructure, while letting the rest of the world feed his people. He will use internal and apparently drug money as well to fund his ambitions...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_North_Korea

He wants his due from the US, Japan, S. Korea and even Russia and China. Kim Jong Il wants to be a "player" and with his new toys - he probably will be.

This probably sounds like I want a pre-emptive strike on him. If we were going to to it, it is WAY too late now. However, I am not in favor of it and we are just going to have to pay the guy off and be as smart as we can to make sure there is actually something in return for the payment.

Smart, maybe, he is not smart. Clever may be a better choice of words.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Oct, 2006 - 12:43pm / Post ID: #

USA North Korea - Page 19

Vincenzo said: Why is it I picture increased exports of food to N. Korea from China and China taking the lead on a successful denuclearization treaty that has large food, oil and potentially technology strings attached to it? Of course, don't really expect that he is going to get rid of anything. Why would he follow through on a agreement at that point when he has never done it in the past?

I take your point, but I am yet to see evidence Kim is interested in feeding his people or looking after them in any way. China has nothing to gain from NK but money. It's that simple. China also doesn't want a flood of NK refugees entering its borders should the North Korean government collapse. It's well documented China has been very harsh on Korean refugees and people smugglers along that border.

I don't think Kim is merely doing this to broker prosperity for his people. I think he is a desperate dictator who is playing the nuclear card to assert his crumbling authority on the rest of the world. I am not sure what his motivations are, perhaps infamy and power?

As for who pulls the strings. A South Korean paper claims to have evidence Kim apologised to China over the tests. The source claims Kim could be prepared to come to the negotiating table with the US.

Kim 'sorry about nuclear test'

North Korean leader Kim Jong-il expressed regret about his country's nuclear test to a Chinese delegation and said Pyongyang would return to nuclear talks if Washington backed off from its financial sanctions, a South Korean newspaper reported today.
"If the US makes a concession to some degree, we will also make a concession to some degree, whether it be bilateral talks or six-party talks," Kim was quoted as telling a Chinese envoy, the mass-circulation Chosun Ilbo reported, citing a diplomatic source in China.
Kim told the Chinese delegation that "he is sorry about the nuclear test," the newspaper reported.

Reconcile Edited: arvhic on 20th Oct, 2006 - 12:44pm

Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2006 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

USA North Korea Politics Business Civil & History - Page 19

RUSSIANS SCORN RICE'S STANCE ON IRAN SANCTIONS

Condoleezza Rice met Russian President Vladimir Putin on Saturday to talk about North Korea's recent nuclear test.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2006/10/21/rice.html

> TOPIC: USA vs North Korea

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,