USA vs North Korea - Page 6 of 101

QUOTE If the US does address North Korea, - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Oct, 2003 - 1:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 101 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (101) »

?
Poll: The North Korea affair can be summed up in this...
  North Korea needs to be invaded and taught a lesson       30.77%
  North Korea has been allowed to grow up as a bully       10.26%
  The USA has been too lenient with North Korea       7.69%
  China has allowed North Korea to get out of hand       2.56%
  Countries in the region need to stand up to North Korea       17.95%
  North Korea is just playing the field       7.69%
  North Korea is doing what any isolated sovereign nation would do       12.82%
  North Korea is really trying to be reunited with South Korea       2.56%
  If North Korea is pushed too far they will rain missiles on Japan       2.56%
  North Korea has serious military might that can cause WWIII       5.13%
Total Votes: 39
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome?
USA vs North Korea Related Information to USA vs North Korea
Post Date: 10th Jul, 2003 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea
A Friend

USA vs North Korea - Page 6

It seems strange to me, for any country to openly say that they have or are developing WMD and now they want to start negotiations.  It sounds to me like they are trying to tempt fate, but on the other hand, it does seem to be the safest way to keep the US from bulling them.  Especially since, Bush is acting like a big bully.  But don't all bullies fall at one way or another?  I mean, it's terrible the way Bush is handling some of these countries that don't have WMD and the way he handles the countries that do have them.  In my opinion, it appears to me that Bush thinks to just declare war on that country that claims to not have WMD.  I also believe Bush probably believes that if he beats the crap out of them, they'll give up their WMD or maybe he'll get lucky and find them.  But the countries that do have the WMD are treated with kid-gloves.  But if Bush was to be crazy enough to try and strong arm North Korea, I am afraid that the outcome will be a pretty bad for everyone.

Sponsored Links:
15th Jul, 2003 - 1:32pm / Post ID: #

Korea North USA

How long is this going to go on for?

NORTH KOREA TO MAKE N-ARMS
North Korean officials told the Bush administration last week that they had
finished producing enough plutonium to create a half-dozen nuclear devices and
that they intended to move ahead quickly to turn the material into weapons,
senior American officials said on Monday.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...39900%2C00.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

24th Aug, 2003 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea History & Civil Business Politics

This thread has been 'quiet' for a long time, but it is funny that the US has a worst scenario here and yet still have done nothing like Iraq.

WHOLE NORTH KOREA ARSENAL WORRIES U.S.
The United States wants to talk to North Korea not only about nuclear bombs but
the communist nation's entire arsenal: suspected stockpiles of chemical and
biological weapons, missiles that can reach all of South Korea and Japan and
massive conventional forces massed near the border.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...49272%2C00.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

30th Aug, 2003 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Page 6 Korea North USA

Talk, talk, talk, let's see if they will put their money where their mouth is... do you think they will really make the test?

NORTH KOREA SAYS N-TEST IS PLANNED
Rejecting U.S. disarmament demands, North Korea said Thursday it will prove to
the world that it possesses nuclear weapons by carrying out a nuclear test, a
U.S. government official said.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...50490%2C00.html

19th Sep, 2003 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Korea North USA

You know what is 'funny' about this? What does it matter if they have 1 nuclear bomb or 10? One is enought to do considerable damage! The other thing, like I said before is here you have a country that is telling all the world that they have nuclear bombs! Not just chemical, not just jets - nuclear bombs, but where is the invasion? Where is the strike from the US bombers? Well it seems to be one of either two things to me:

1. The US has spread itself thin or
2. The US knows North Korea is no 'walk over'.

U.S. FEARS NORTH KOREA MAY HAVE 36 NUCLEAR ARMS
Some American intelligence analysts are becoming increasingly concerned that
North Korea may have three, four or even six nuclear weapons instead of the one
or two the CIA now estimates.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...55373%2C00.html

4th Oct, 2003 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea

Well, watching CNN North Korea says that is building more nuclear weapons, and will create 3 more atomic bombs like consequence, they said, of the constant harrasment of the USA. Now, we know North Korea has these weapons and the USA is not moving even a little bit about it (hmmm afraid maybe that the Orientals are going indeed to throw these bombs?) by the other hand they go and bomb Iraq because they thought Saddam had weapons and no weapons were found :smile.gif geezzzzzzzz....:smile.gif
Now they want more American Money to use for all these stuff....I know Americans will say no for more money, the last surveys have shown that.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Oct, 2003 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

USA North Korea - Page 6

I can hardly even speculate what will happen with N. Korea.  Saddam was/is a monster, but nothing at all like the North Koreans.  Take a look at this article from the Wall Street Journal
https://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/c...t/?id=110004200

Perhaps some of what you see as contradiction in this case comes from the following:
1. Iraq, in the 1980's and early 1990's publicly said that they had WMDs.

2. The UN passed 17 resolutions demanding that Iraq account for those weapons

3. Iraq consistently said that they had destroyed them, but refused to provide any evidence

4. Iraq used some of those weapons on their own people and on Iranians

5. North Korea has now publicly proclaimed that they have nuclear weapons

6. So far, the UN hasn't done or said much of anything about it

7. The US, which is tied up with active terrorists and terrorist supporting states, hasn't yet addressed North Korea

8. If the US does address North Korea, aren't you all going to start criticizing us again for acting unilaterally?

Who will North Korea use their nuclear weapons on if we do go in there?  Most likely South Korea or Japan.

What regional change would we expect to see if we did go into North Korea?  Would it make any difference to China?  Probably not.

So, perhaps the comparison between US actions towards Iraq and North Korea aren't as cut and dried as they appear.  I am sure that one of the policy objectives involved with our entry into Iraq is to impress the other regional governments to seriously rethink their support for terrorism.  Entry into North Korea would not likely do anything like that.

NightHawk

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

23rd Oct, 2003 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

USA North Korea Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

If the US does address North Korea, aren't you all going to start criticizing us again for acting unilaterally?

I will say to the US 'Why the heck you want the rest of the world to disarm when yourself have also weapons of mass destruction? what's the difference? '
Who decides who is Superman and who is Lex Luthor? :smile.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: USA vs North Korea

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,