USA vs North Korea - Page 7 of 101

QUOTE China certainly doesn't want - Page 7 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 6th Apr, 2004 - 11:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 101 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (101) »

?
Poll: The North Korea affair can be summed up in this...
  North Korea needs to be invaded and taught a lesson       30.77%
  North Korea has been allowed to grow up as a bully       10.26%
  The USA has been too lenient with North Korea       7.69%
  China has allowed North Korea to get out of hand       2.56%
  Countries in the region need to stand up to North Korea       17.95%
  North Korea is just playing the field       7.69%
  North Korea is doing what any isolated sovereign nation would do       12.82%
  North Korea is really trying to be reunited with South Korea       2.56%
  If North Korea is pushed too far they will rain missiles on Japan       2.56%
  North Korea has serious military might that can cause WWIII       5.13%
Total Votes: 39
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome?
USA vs North Korea Related Information to USA vs North Korea
23rd Oct, 2003 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea - Page 7

We have only demanded that the rogue states who are already responsible for the mass murder of their own citizens and their neighbors disarm.

Would you really feel more secure if the US disarmed?

The US hasn't demanded that France, Israel, or England disarm.  We tried to broker a deal with India and Pakistan to disarm, because it is likely to become a shooting war there at any time, and they WILL use their nuclear weapons.  All of the "1st World" is urging North Korea to disarm!  It isn't just the US, it includes Russia and China.  You all just expect ONLY the US to do something about it, and you complain when we don't. ("You" referring to the collective group of people who have taken this attitude, not any one person in particular)

Who decides who is Superman and who is Lex Luthor?

The author of the comic book.  I think the same applies to the current situation.

Please let me make it clear.  I have been in war.  I wasn't in the flying bullets, but it was very close.  I detest war.  I would love it if there were no nuclear weapons.  At the same time, I recognize that there are a whole bunch of people who don't subscribe to my beliefs, who want to destroy my country, simply because it has the liberty and the resources that it does.  North Korea is one of the most evil, horrible places in all of history.  The present regime is even worse than the Nazis.  The North Koreans are doing what the Nazis did, to their own people.  They are even more oppressive than Vietnam, the Sudan, or China.  The Soviet Union was never anywhere near as oppressive as North Korea.

The fact is, the US is not at all likely to use any weapons of mass destruction unless it is absolutely necessary on the battlefield.  It is highly unlikely that we would ever use them on civilian populations, even in retaliation for a similar attack on our own population.  Yet it is highly likely that North Korea would use nuclear weapons on civilian populations such as Seoul or Tokyo.

That is the difference.

NightHawk

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Sponsored Links:
24th Oct, 2003 - 1:14pm / Post ID: #

Korea North USA

The US hasn't demanded that France, Israel, or England disarm.  

Oh please Nighthawlk, of course not! three of those countries you mentioned are strong allies of the United States.

The author of the comic book.  I think the same applies to the current situation.

And who do you think is the 'author' of this whole situation?.

The fact is, the US is not at all likely to use any weapons of mass destruction unless it is absolutely necessary on the battlefield.  It is highly unlikely that we would ever use them on civilian populations, even in retaliation for a similar attack on our own population.  Yet it is highly likely that North Korea would use nuclear weapons on civilian populations such as Seoul or Tokyo.

That is the difference

I notice I try to explain to most americans but they do not understand what I try to say. I'm NOT defending North Korea or Iraq. I think BOTH countries are evil, murderers and do and have done horrible things to their own people. My point is NOT that. You said that the US is likely NOT to use any weapon unless is necessary...that's the point!!! who decides that kind of thinking? the US itself? why should I believe that? why they are the ones saying who will use it for good or for bad? that's my whole point!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

9th Feb, 2004 - 12:32pm / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea History & Civil Business Politics

Well the question here is... can anyone take the US seriously when it says, 'They have weapons of mass destruction'? In Korea's case they are not waiting for the US to make the statement. They are in fact declaring their interest in creating and firing WMD. Yet the US has not taken half the steps it did with Iraq. Notice that the situation in N. Korea has all but died down from the news?

UPDATE: I was just looking at a news broadcast that talked about the shortage of food N.Korea is having because of a lack of aid. Now things seem to becoming more apparent. The N.Korean leadership need to be led out in the streets and shot for spending money on nuclear technology while people are dying for lack of food. How can you have face to show off military might while you cannot even feed your own people without external help? Tisk, tisk, you ware a whimp. Yep I am hot, children are dying!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2004 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Korea North USA

Can someone make a decision please...

NEW TALKS WITH NORTH KOREA OFF TO GOOD START
North Korea, the United States and four other countries convened delicate talks Wednesday to resolve a persistent dispute over Pyongyang's nuclear program, with diplomats from all sides expressing expectations of progress in the 15-month-old stalemate.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...45597%2C00.html

25th Feb, 2004 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

Korea North USA

UPDATE: I was just looking at a news broadcast that talked about the shortage of food N.Korea is having because of a lack of aid. Now things seem to becoming more apparent. The N.Korean leadership need to be led out in the streets and shot for spending money on nuclear technology while people are dying for lack of food. How can you have face to show off military might while you cannot even feed your own people without external help? Tisk, tisk, you ware a whimp. Yep I am hot, children are dying!

When I saw the faces of those innocent children on TV, I was soooooooo angry! these people from Korea made me really mad, spending so much money on things that isn't really necessary and these kids having no food to eat! I cannot understand it! it makes me sick!.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2004 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea
A Friend

USA vs North Korea

I always get a kick of US citizens when they refer to the poor kids of Iraq, North Korea etc... If you want to see povrety and hardship, just visit some of the black communities in the southern states.

On the topic of North Korea, the US would not be foolish enough to use force against North Korea unless the US beleived their backs were against the wall and that they could get away with using nuclear weapons. That is very scary. A recent factor which also plays against the use of force, is the growing anti-american sentiment in South Korea.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Apr, 2004 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

USA North Korea - Page 7

Yet when we started discussing pulling out of South Korea a couple of weeks ago, the nation just about collectively wet their pants.

There are many of us willing to just pull our military out of Europe, South Korea, and Japan. We have been paying to defend them long enough, just so they can badmouth us.

As for poverty, the worst parts of the US are far better off than something like 80% of the rest of the world, especially such places as Iraq and North Korea. At least in the "poor black communities" the people can better their lives, can practice their own religions without fear of being tortured to death, and can get food. None of these things are possible in North Korea.

As far as conflict with NK, I would just as soon see us pull out completely and let them get on with it. It wouldn't be two weeks before the UN would cry and scream for us to go back in, because nobody else but China has the resources to stop NK, and China certainly doesn't want to stop them.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

6th Apr, 2004 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #

USA North Korea Politics Business Civil & History - Page 7

China certainly doesn't want to stop them.

Why do you think China does not want to stop them?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: USA vs North Korea

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,