United Nations or USA's Nations? - Page 18 of 20

I must answer the question with a firm NO. - Page 18 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 22nd Jul, 2004 - 7:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 
Who controls the United Nations really?
5th May, 2004 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #

United Nations or USA's Nations? - Page 18

Here is more evidence of just how much influence the US really has with the UN. Since the US provides by far the most financial support, as well as the greatest bulk of military and logistical support for all UN activities, the US Congress is trying to find out just what was going on in the "Oil for Food" program.

But the UN is hiding the evidence, and pressuring the contractors to hide it even better.

Hmmmmmmm.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Sponsored Links:
5th May, 2004 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

Nations USAs Nations United

I think a little research into the founding of the UN might answer some of the questions, and the philosophy upon which it is based.

The real question, as highlighted in the last few posts, is not the power behind the UN but whether it should have any power at all - whether it should exist.

We do not live in a nice world, and no political power on this earth would ever use international organizations (or regional organizations) without being corrupted by such power.

United Nations or USA's Nations?

How about the USA and every other country being free and independent and stop forming gangs?

Dubhdara.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

Post Date: 5th May, 2004 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

United Nations or USA's Nations? History & Civil Business Politics

The original intent of the U.N was a noble one and in the pass the U.N did serve a valid purpose. But today, the U.N has evolved into a huge and corrupt bureaucracy. A total re-vamp is the only chance for it's survive.

5th May, 2004 - 9:55pm / Post ID: #

Page 18 Nations USAs Nations United

The UN's foundation was anything but of good intent, though doubtless many involved at the lower levels may have had good desires (and still do).This is something each of us need to research from reliable sources.

It's also constitutionally illegal for the US to be involved with the UN - be here we come across the question, what do we mean by the US? The people as a whole, the government, individuals within the government who may have a lot of sway but aren't actually doing things by the laws or voive of the people?

Dubhdara.
PM me for resources/references.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

21st Jul, 2004 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

Nations USAs Nations United

I read this news story and figured this was the best existing thread to discuss it so here goes. A number of Democratic Congressman led by Congresswoman Bernice Johnson, D-Texas had requested the U.N reside over the upcoming US elections to ensure a fair election. Kofi Annan rejected this initial letter and now Johnson has approached Secretary of State Colin Powell to make this same request on their behalf.

ref https://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=39549

Their argument is they would like to avoid a repeat of the controversy that surrounded the 2000 elections. Being that this is an international forum, and that the US elections is of great interest to countries around the world, I want to get your thoughts on this. Does the UN need to be involved in the US election process? Would their involvement help or hinder in producing a fair election process?

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

22nd Jul, 2004 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

There is absolutely no reason for the UN to preside over a US election. The election was fair. The question of who won was resolved by our legal system, in accordance with the constitution. It isn't like we prevented people from voting or threatened people if they didn't vote in a certain manner. I cannot believe it is being suggested that we need to the UN to oversee an election here. It is outrageous, in my opinion, to even suggest such a thing!

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Jul, 2004 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

United Nations USA's Nations - Page 18

Does the UN need to be involved in the US election process? Would their involvement help or hinder in producing a fair election process?

No way!!!! the UN should be working hard in more humanitarian efforts through Africa and Latin American countries where children are dying of hunger every day...those are some of the things they should be doing.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

22nd Jul, 2004 - 7:29am / Post ID: #

United Nations USA's Nations Politics Business Civil & History - Page 18

I must answer the question with a firm NO. Reinvoke the Monroe Doctrine, get the US out of interventionism and all foreign powers and political organizations out of the US (and every other country).

Disband the UN for the unlawful and corrupt organization that it is. It's amazing that the UN can be asked to supervise elections to make sure they are fair. It does not know the meaning of the word.

This site sums it up well:

https://www.getusout.org/

Dubhdara.

+  « First of 20 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 

> TOPIC: United Nations or USA's Nations?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,