United Nations or USA's Nations? - Page 3 of 20

QUOTE But JB, I am quiet. Is that before or - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 8th Mar, 2003 - 9:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (20) »
Who controls the United Nations really?
8th Mar, 2003 - 1:59pm / Post ID: #

United Nations or USA's Nations? - Page 3

First of all guys and gals, the UN was created primarily to provide a place where soverign nations could talk rather than shoot.

Oh yeah? :smile.gif :smile.gif :smile.gif tell that to your President :smile.gif :smile.gif It seems he doesn't get it 'with our without the UN support we will bomb Iraq' remember those words? :smile.gif

All members of the Security Council have, at vaarious times, initiated military action either without the sanction or against the wishes of the UN.

And that makes it right?

What's the problem with North Korea? We have three nuclear subs sitting right off his coastline. If he wants to break bad, then bye bye runt.

Such a peacemaker :smile.gif :smile.gif :smile.gif :smile.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Mar, 2003 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

United Nations or USA's Nations?
A Friend

Nations USAs Nations United

LDS,
I knew I could count on you for a quick response.  wink.gif

The truth is that President Bush doesn't give a rat's behind what the UN thinks about it- and neither do I.

They are a bunch of prattling old women with no backbone, and always have been.

He is simply listening to Colin Powell, and playing diplomacy. "Yes, yes you guys are relevant, yes, we respect your opinion, yada yada".

Does that make it right? No, it does not. I don't see why Bush is even bothering with all this- except that it is giving General Franks time to position his troops just like he wants them.

Peacemaker?
You betcha that's a peacemaker. The reason I know about those subs is because the Navy let China know about them- just so you know, bub!

That knowledge makes the decision-makers deliberate very carefully when making decisions.

Listen, LDS, I know that it sounds like I like war, but I don't. I really don't. I have been in the millitary, I was in a war, and I don't like it. I don't ever want to do it again.

But I know for a fact that being weak and backing down will not help you when confronting violent people.

JB,
I just read over the first part of your original post again. You asked what was the rush.
I think (my opinion here) that the real rush is, if the USA acts now, they reveal the secret oil deals that Russia, France and Turkey have with Saddam. I think that the USA has developed some connections with Iraqui exiles who are poised to go in and form the new government, very pro US.

Final result? USA gets world's 2nd largest oil reserves, France gets shafted on billions of dollars worth of secret debt, Russia takes the same hit, and they get egg on face for not backing the US.

8th Mar, 2003 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

United Nations or USA's Nations? History & Civil Business Politics

The truth is that President Bush doesn't give a rat's behind what the UN thinks about it- and neither do I.
They are a bunch of prattling old women with no backbone, and always have been.

I don't know why they bother either, because anything that the United States wants to do, the UN says yes...for me...both are the same thing, sad though....

Listen, LDS, I know that it sounds like I like war, but I don't. I really don't. I have been in the millitary, I was in a war, and I don't like it. I don't ever want to do it again.

But I know for a fact that being weak and backing down will not help you when confronting violent people.

But that's it. I know many americans who feel the same way you do but instead to hear answers like 'well, we don't have really option in here, sad, but we have to bomb them' you don't hear things like that! BUT 'Yeah, let's bomb Sadam's face and all those stupid people out there!" you know what I mean? :smile.gif :smile.gif :smile.gif 'Talk' with such a pride that it seems like they like blood.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2003 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Nations USAs Nations United

LDS,
I know. We Yanks do get fired up easily and get to the chest-beating part very quickly.
There is a lot of the fighter in us.
Shoot girl, I had my first fist fight at eight years old.
When it looks like "get down" time, the blood starts boiling. I know when you get me fired up I automatically go,

"Lock and Load! Let's Rock and Roll"! And I mean right now.

But the older I get, the more measured my response gets. I am far less likely to pull a gun on you now that a few years back.

(not you, LDS, I meant "you" generically)

8th Mar, 2003 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

Nations USAs Nations United

I know. We Yanks do get fired up easily and get to the chest-beating part very quickly.

You can say that again. They should learn to talk more wisely in my opinion.

I am far less likely to pull a gun on you now that a few years back.

Please, don't pull a gun on me lol...maybe you're getting too old? wink.gif may I know how old are ya?

8th Mar, 2003 - 5:10pm / Post ID: #

@ Stranger... with all this you have your 'Mood' set to 'quiet'? *lol*

I think you are also using the wrong avatar, there is one in our database called 'soldier' and 'soldier2' *lol*

@ LDS_forever, I am not sure if you would want Stranger in a scenario with you, he might cut off somebody's head before they even have time to tell them your next mission. He would of probably thought Greaves was an Iraqi *lol*

Back @ Stranger... I knew someone that served in a war too. He did not like it at all. He talked about the fear that comes over you when it is dark, you cannot see anything, you wear the same pants for weeks and you don't know if you are going to die. What was it like for you?

@ UN - I want to see how they vote on it. One world power that I think is really powerful is China - is the US really friends with them or is it more of a neutral concept? I think China is a sleeping giant being awaken ever so slowly.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Mar, 2003 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

United Nations USA's Nations - Page 3

LOLOLOL

But JB, I am quiet.
Really, I am a very easy person to get along with.
I have just looked some very nasty people in the eye in the course of my life and tend to be very pragmatic about certain issues.

In the RPG I enjoy playing all types. The only ones I can't do are Paladins and Clerics. Just goes too much against the grain.

I have a lot of hope for both China and Russia. This is a new era, and I hope we can get past all that cold war, we are enemies crap.

I have seen a lot of signs in both countries that are very encouraging.

8th Mar, 2003 - 9:19pm / Post ID: #

United Nations USA's Nations Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

But JB, I am quiet.

Is that before or after you tried to shoot the dog *lol*

Going back to the thread topic I think this coming week will tell us who is really wearing the pants in the UN. Interesting that its headquaters are in New York, I wonder why they chose there.

[offtopic]In the RPG I enjoy playing all types. The only ones I can't do are Paladins and Clerics. Just goes too much against the grain.

We do not have those classes, we have magicians who really have the ability to cast spells as clerics and magic-users.
[/offtopic]

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (20) »

> TOPIC: United Nations or USA's Nations?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,