United Nations or USA's Nations? - Page 6 of 20

QUOTE JB & LDS, Well as a guy who personally - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 17th Mar, 2003 - 3:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (20) »
Who controls the United Nations really?
16th Mar, 2003 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

United Nations or USA's Nations? - Page 6

@ Stranger - this is not a personal attack so do not take it as such -  your outlook is typical of the blindness most US citizens experience when they speak about 'their' land. First of all, and there is another thread that speaks about this somewhere, America is a conquered land, conquered by a bunch of foreginers that killed the same 'rual' 'quiet' folk known as the Indians. If we really want to go there then we need to send the Yanks packing back to the UK, France, Germany, etc because that is really where you guys came from, but no, you killed for the land so it is yours. You can also use the example of the negroes to whom you have asigne the color of black. Are they as you put it, 'Americans'? Most of them have their great grandfather born there and other 'white' US citizens only have maybe their father born there and their grandfather from Europe. According to you all the blacks need to go back to Africa, but wait, who brought them their hmmm,.... could have been your own ancestors.... go figure! I am sure if the Indians had any power to say what you said Stranger then they would say EXACTLY the same thing you did. Yanks get out. Too bad millions of them were slain for the 'white' man's purposes - but it was only Indians. When US citizens think that their lives are worth more than others it makes me sick! Teh whole idea that the US involves itself in other countries is because it is in their blood. It is their destiny, afterall that is how the US was formed through people from OTHER countries! Now, we must all remember, that when God returns, who will say... I am French, I am German, I am a US citizen, I am a Trinidadian... there will be none of that because the land does not belong to man but God.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
16th Mar, 2003 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

Nations USAs Nations United

Stranger, all I can say is if your comments were intented to hurt, then you have done a wonderful job. Congratulations man and you are telling me that yours folks considered themselves good-hearted people! gimme a break! It's bunch of hypocrites to me. It's funny how you mentioned that we called 'Americans' arrogants when YOURSELF admit americans are arrogants and you even mentioned you have 'to live with the idiots!!!!! Do you remember that?. I didn't took offense of what you said about immigrants in the USA. I'm so accostum to hear such ignorant statements like that'. What it really bothered me are your dumb statements about Hitler and that the lives of your folks are more worth than any other lives of non-americans (Let me correct myself, US citizens because I'm also an American!) . Actually, it surprised me because I really didn't think that you could be so foolish to comment something like that. I thought you was smarter than that...oh well...*shaking head*Why you should be different anyway? :smile.gif.  The type of thinking you have shown in this message, PROVES one more time to me what I told you in my messages hundreds of times, that US citizens are the most  racial, selfish and unconsidered people I have ever met. They don't care for anybody but themselves! They don't care about their feelings either like you just have shown.  The good-hearted thing is CRAP! and nobody believes it. So don't go there darling.

ps: I noticed that in your message you say 'all of you' or 'you all'. I think you should use 'they' instead because even though I'm not an US citizen, I don't live there so therefore I care less whether the education system or the free economics are good. And please, do not tell me to not take it personal in your next message, because it was intented and written to be personal....so I'm just trying to avoid ya the work.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2003 - 10:16am / Post ID: #

United Nations or USA's Nations?
A Friend

United Nations or USA's Nations? History & Civil Business Politics

JB & LDS,
Well as a guy who personally picked up a weapon and went off to someplace I had never even heard of, got shot at, almost got killed, watched several good friends get killed,

then came back only to see our flag being burned by the people we went to help, I do take it personally.

LDS, my comments weren't meant to hurt anyone, but frankly, the comments thrown around by people of other countries hurt us.

There are many men who landed on Normandy who are sending their letters of thanks from the French government back, telling them they will no longer display them on their wall.

And, I never said I was good-hearted! I am not!!

I said most Americans are, and they are.

But I am not arrogant. Actually, I am a very quiet man who rarely gives his opinion on things.
This bulletin board thing is an exception for me.
And if we were face to face, I propably would have never opened my mouth, for fear of hurting your feelings.

And, I agree with every word of JB's review of our bloody heinous history concerning the formation of this country.

And despite the radical lengths I went to in my rhetoric, I do believe the Monroe Doctrine was a good idea. My over-the-top exhortations notwithstanding, it is my contention that we should stay here in this country and mind our own business.

Other countries don't want us interfering in their affairs and I don't think we should. We would be better off for it. They probably would also.

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2003 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 6 Nations USAs Nations United

Having thought a bit, I do feel that I owe an apology for some of the remarks that were quite crude, such as letting Hitler exterminate the Jews.

That was uncalled for, and at heart I really did not mean it. I do get carried away sometimes and can be quite polemic.

But I DO get ticked off when people who never had a 7.62 round buzz by their ear start giving me a raft of guff.

I want to say, "Fine, wise guy, YOU get YOUR butt out there and do it!! I'll stay home and cuddle my baby".

And LDS, if I hurt your feelings, I am truly sorry. Welcome to the club, darlin', I got my feelings hurt, too.

(Yes, JB, I really do have feelings. But  for heaven's sake, don't tell anyone).

17th Mar, 2003 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

Nations USAs Nations United

That was uncalled for,

smile.gif Well you are more man because you see it.

But I DO get ticked off when people who never had a 7.62 round buzz by their ear start giving me a raft of guff.

I have never been to war, but I have experienced things that could jerk any war hero. I notice most veterans use that as a crutch sometimes (I have been around, worked for them, so I understand well the concept), but we need not experience evil to know of it. Evils of war can hurt anyone and I will dare say it hurts the ones more who are caught in the middle... the children, the widowless, etc. It is to them I feel sorry for, not USA, not Iraq, not the UN, not soldiers dug in a ground. I once saw a documentry about some civil war in Africa. The host talked about a warehouse full of hundreds of women. Each woman had one thing in common. They were raped more than once, some of them carried babies of the soldiers who raped them. They had no where to live. Their families were executed in front of them and their houses burned. One woman was raped 30 times. It was so bad for her that her internal sexual organs became detached. I felt such saddness. What soldier that wields a gun could have experienced more? NONE!

This brings me back to the will of the people and the will of the leader. Do you think if every soldier in any war, said I will not fight for this, that any leader could do anything about it? Soldiers only act and react on what the collective believe is right. Therefore if a nation goes to war, really it is the nation indeed, it is the thoughts of its soldiers and their families. They believe what they are doing is right.

[offtopic]
Yes, JB, I really do have feelings. But  for heaven's sake, don't tell anyone

Of course, if you don't you are dead. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me wink.gif[/offtopic]

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2003 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

This brings me back to the will of the people and the will of the leader. Do you think if every soldier in any war, said I will not fight for this, that any leader could do anything about it? Soldiers only act and react on what the collective believe is right. Therefore if a nation goes to war, really it is the nation indeed, it is the thoughts of its soldiers and their families. They believe what they are doing is right.

I believe the US got a taste of that with Viet Nam. Not only did the young people here go coompletely bananas against it, but the soldiers in Nam got pretty berserk about it, up to and including fragging their own officers.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2003 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

United Nations USA's Nations - Page 6

I will dare say it hurts the ones more who are caught in the middle... the children, the widowless, etc. It is to them I feel sorry for, not USA, not Iraq, not the UN, not soldiers dug in a ground. I once saw a documentry about some civil war in Africa. The host talked about a warehouse full of hundreds of women. Each woman had one thing in common. They were raped more than once, some of them carried babies of the soldiers who raped them. They had no where to live. Their families were executed in front of them and their houses burned. One woman was raped 30 times. It was so bad for her that her internal sexual organs became detached. I felt such saddness. What soldier that wields a gun could have experienced more? NONE!

There is both the heart of the matter and the terrible contradiction we face in the whole issue.

The most awful price is paid by those who can't defend themselves, have nothing to do with the conflict and just want to raise their kids in peace- or grow up to have kids.

And war does bring out the worst in all men, no matter what Army they serve in. US is NOT excepted in this, is as guilty as any in the world.

17th Mar, 2003 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

United Nations USA's Nations Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

JB & LDS,
Well as a guy who personally picked up a weapon and went off to someplace I had never even heard of, got shot at, almost got killed, watched several good friends get killed, then came back only to see our flag being burned by the people we went to help, I do take it personally.

I cannot really say I understand because I have never experience something like that, and I hope I never will.  I just can imagine that its such a terrible thing, very sad...

Having thought a bit, I do feel that I owe an apology for some of the remarks that were quite crude, such as letting Hitler exterminate the Jews.
That was uncalled for, and at heart I really did not mean it. I do get carried away sometimes and can be quite polemic.

You cannot imagine how glad I feel to read that. Personally I have tons of jew friends back in Argentina and even met some Holocaust Survivors and it hurted me really deep when I read that because I know the things this people went through, not to mention that the Holocaust topic itself always touched me, I really don't know why so much because I don't have any jew blood on me, but I am a very sensitive person. I guess since I had the opportunity in the past to interview Emily Schindler (wife of Oscar Schindler, yes the guy who saved 1,200 jews and Spielberg make the movie Schindler's List) to talk with her, be close to her, listen all the stories she had to say it really make my whole concept so much personal.....
I appreciate you said that, really....

And LDS, if I hurt your feelings, I am truly sorry. Welcome to the club, darlin', I got my feelings hurt, too.

I'm sorry if you got hurt too. Like you, I can be carried away easily...When I say that US citizens are the most racial, selfish, and unconsiderable people I have ever met, I should say 'some' instead to make it like 'all of them' because I know it's not so. Not everybody must pay for the mistakes of some of them. I was just too upset to reply nicely.

I know you think that maybe I am an anti-american but I am not!!! I just do have strong opinions about how the USA handles things worldwide like I do have strong opinions about this country, Trinidad, and also my country Argentina. It's not about the US only, it just seems so because we are discussing about it and the war with Iraq. But if you post anything about other country, you will see that I will still have the same kind of thinking based on how a country handles their affairs. I'm a journalist, that's part of me...

Today I was watching CNN interviewing the US soldiers and these guys you can see by their faces are not happy at all about it. They don't want to be there, I just felt so sorry for them and their families. As a mother, I cannot imagine sending my son to fight and don't know if he will ever make it....
I deeply feel sorry for the Iraqui people, for the single mothers, for the children who will die...it breaks my heart and bring tears to my eyes just to think about the lives that will be lost, the innocent civilians.
I do fear for the US citizens also, because it's pretty much predictable that more terrorists attacks will be on the way there because of this war, and again...more lives will be lost.

I just want that everything stops! I just want to live in peace and know that other people live in peace also. I do have that 'strange' feeling in my heart, that many people will die in this war and I get so sad about it...

You have just to understand the other countries point of view also, I know it's not easy but think that if the US for instance would not say anything about bombing Iraq, the other countries would not think about it either but since they're the ones who say they will bomb them, then it's when the support comes. So the USA in my opinion its responsible for this war and the blood of the people who will die...I don't know really if Bush will be ever to 'survive' this, his image will be so bad after this...people are tired of war, they want peace and the leaders of the big nations MUST understand that, after all, they're there representing their people, they cannot cover their ears and eyes like if nothing is going on. That's unrigheoutness dominion and dictatorship in a way.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: United Nations or USA's Nations?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,