China vs USA - Page 4 of 39

Other than the NY Times, and this little blurb - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Dec, 2005 - 9:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (39) »
USA versus China versus Chinese versus Americans The role of its Army, Politics, and Status in the World.
China vs USA Related Information to China vs USA
Post Date: 17th Jul, 2005 - 8:50am / Post ID: #

China vs USA
A Friend

China vs USA - Page 4

The US of A has never been one of China's friends. The dispute between them started when the European powers were grappling for land in China around the.. Qing? Ming? Ting? I don't know dynasty which Dr Sun-yat Tsen overthrew. The US of A obviously wanted in ,in the mad scramble for China's resources and offered opium to the then corrupt Chinese officials. Obviously, the effects of the opium were that since most of China smoked them, the economy was devastated and there was a lack of able young men to join in the armies to defend itself against all the other "invaders".

Anyway, I believe that if China does attack Taiwan, the USA will defend Taiwan as they will take it as an oppurtunity to "humble" China, which as you all pointed out, is a rapidly growing superpower. Singapore will most likely be attacked by China as well if war breaks out because Singapore allowed a US Battleship in it's waters and undermined it's threat on China, which obviously caused a huge dispute between China and Singapore then. I'll try to find a link to it if I can. If China does attack Taiwan and China in a "2 birds 1 stone" military manouver USA WILL assist.

And I'm not very familiar with the Spy Plane incident. I've heard of it, but definitely not very clear about it.

Offtopic but,
Correct me if I'm wrong, the correct way to address China on paper is, "The people's republic of China". Isn't this a contradiction of terms?

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 17th Jul, 2005 - 11:19am

Sponsored Links:
17th Jul, 2005 - 11:25am / Post ID: #

USA China

I don't really know about those little historical facts concerning China. Most of what I pay attention to concerning China is the fact that it has strong imperial pretensions, currently has de facto control of the Panama Canal (a major strategic asset), and is hostile to freedom and personal liberty.

I think that it is extremely ironic that China is officially "The People's Republic", as it is a oligarchy, with no hint of either republicanism or democracy in its actual makeup. But then that is true of all "People's Republics".

Offtopic but,
Please check out this topic on proper use of the "offtopic" tag.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2005 - 12:42pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

China vs USA History & Civil Business Politics

U.S.: CHINA LOOKING BEYOND TAIWAN

China cannot be certain that its military, while steadily strengthening, is capable of conquering Taiwan, the Pentagon said Tuesday in a new report on Chinese military power and strategy.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/19/china.us....y.ap/index.html

1st Aug, 2005 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 USA China

Well it seems that the general population is beginning to feel the Chinese impact. Interesting that they use the word 'shadow'.

China's rapid rise spurs Americans to learn Chinese

AFP - China is casting such a huge shadow on the United States that many Americans are scrambling to learn the Chinese language in a bid to retain their competitive edge.
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor.schinaeducation

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 15th Aug, 2005 - 11:23pm / Post ID: #

USA China

China Will Attack USA / Canada / Austrailia

By: Hal Turner

Chi Haotian, China's Minister of Defense and vice-chairman of China's Central Military Commission, gave the following speech to his military leadership. What you are about to read is a VERBATIM translation of the actual speech; the original Chinese language text is also included below for verification! This is not a news story about the speech, but rather the actual text of the speech itself!

In it, he spoke openly about China's need for "more living space" and stated bluntly that The United States, Canada and Australia are the only places large enough to accommodate future Chinese needs. He notes the need for a quick, effective biological attack upon the U.S. to depopulate it as a prelude to conquest, and plainly states that China is working on genetic bio-weapons to kill everyone except "yellow people."
Ref. https://www.halturnershow.com/ChineseDefens...rAgainstUS.html

20th Aug, 2005 - 5:02am / Post ID: #

China vs USA

Unprecedented war games
As Russia and China kick off massive war games they say are aimed at boosting anti-terrorism cooperation, analysts say the military exercises are really intended as a message to the US that there are new powers in the Asia-Pacific and Central Asian regions.

By Nabi Abdullaev in Moscow for ISN Security Watch (19/08/05)

Russian and China on Thursday began unprecedented joint military exercises involving air, sea, and land forces, which military experts regarded as muscle-flexing by the two nations in order to undermine US influence in the Asia-Pacific region and Central Asia.

Some 1,800 Russian servicemen and 8,000 Chinese military will take part in the week-long war games, dubbed "Peaceful Mission 2005".

https://www.isn.ethz.ch/news/sw/details.cfm?ID=12550

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I haven't seen this on ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX... ? Why isn't this news?

Message Edited!
There is an article on CNN, HERE, but I haven't seen it anywhere else.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Aug, 2005 - 1:39pm / Post ID: #

China USA - Page 4

SON: FATHER INNOCENT OF SPY CHARGE

The son of an American being held under house arrest in China on suspicion of conducting espionage for Taiwan said his father is an apolitical businessman who has no contacts in Taiwan and no dealings with any government agencies there.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/08/2....spy/index.html

10th Dec, 2005 - 9:11pm / Post ID: #

China USA Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

Other than the NY Times, and this little blurb from Bloomberg, to my knowledge there has been *no* reporting on this incident in any of the mainstream media in the USA. Have any other countries reported on this?

Chinese Official Says Fewer Than 20 Protesters Shot (Update2)
Dec. 10 (Bloomberg) -- China's police killed fewer than 20 civilian protesters when they opened fire on a demonstration Dec. 6 in Dongzhou, a southern coastal village near Hong Kong, according to a city official.

The New York Times, which today cited villagers as saying up to 20 had been killed, described the shooting as the largest known use of Chinese government force against ordinary citizens since soldiers fired on pro-democracy advocates in Tiananmen Square in 1989....

"The death toll is definitely fewer than'' 20 people, Liu Jingmao, deputy head of the Shanwei government's propaganda department, told Bloomberg News today in a telephone interview. ``We will make an announcement tomorrow.''

More than 20 busloads of paramilitary forces were called into Dongzhou on Dec. 6 when about 2,000 villagers gathered to complain about the land seizure, according to a fisherman who gave his surname as Chen. Troops and local police killed more than 10 people and almost 20 were missing, he said, declining to give his full name because he was one of the demonstrators.
https://www.bloomberg.com/

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (39) »

> TOPIC: China vs USA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,