China vs USA - Page 5 of 39

What an insightful and well reported article - Page 5 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 20th Apr, 2006 - 2:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (39) »
USA versus China versus Chinese versus Americans The role of its Army, Politics, and Status in the World.
China vs USA Related Information to China vs USA
11th Dec, 2005 - 3:54am / Post ID: #

China vs USA - Page 5

Farseer, I've heard about this but it also received minor coverage in the Australian press.

I'm certain there have been worse acts of Chinese Government force that has gone unreported. The problem with news in China is that it is totally controlled by the State. Even websites in China are muzzled by the government. There is not a great deal, if any, free speech or free media.

Hal Turner's article is pure nonsense. He is desperate to fuel a rift between the US and China, must be down in ratings. Sina.com would never commission a survey asking whether Chinese people would shoot their own women and children. This is a joke right? It is interesting that Turner is a republican party member and not surprising he has failed to forge a political career. Can anyone tell me if the Republican party has moved to distance themselves from Turner's damaging fabrication?

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2006 - 12:12pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

USA China

You Are No Better Than Us

China on Thursday lashed out against U.S. criticism of its human rights record, saying racial discrimination and crime were still rife in the United States and prisoners were being abused at U.S.-run detention centers abroad. The State Council, China's cabinet, denounced the United States for what it said were rampant violence and widespread discrimination against minorities - especially blacks - in its annual response to the State Department's report on human rights worldwide.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/china_human_rights

9th Mar, 2006 - 1:40pm / Post ID: #

China vs USA History & Civil Business Politics

I like this response. Moral equivalency at its best.

While there certainly is still some racism in the US, it is not normally official, or even organized. Yes, there are some abuses in the prison system as well as in the overseas detention centers. It is even true that we have high crime in some areas.

But lets look at some of China's highlights.
1. Forced abortions, only allowing one child per family. Since the culture demands boys to take care of the family, this leads to high incidence of infanticide of baby girls.

2. Crime. Perhaps there is less violent crime, or property crime. However, there is a HUGE increase in "political" crime. Where do you think the forced labor comes from? This is a crime caused by the state!

3. Racism. Hmm. I wonder what the Mongolians and Tibetans think. Are they discriminated against because of their race? They certainly are. And, there is tremendous official discrimination based on beliefs, religious, political, philosophical, whatever.

4. Treatment of prisoners. Please. Officially sanctioned torture and murder of prisoners. If North Koreans flee their horrific government into China, they are tortured before being returned to the government of North Korea. From reports, North Korea then frequently tortures them to death. There is a HUGE difference between the abuse of prisoners reported at Abu Ghraib and torture/murder of prisoners under Chinese rule. (Not to justify any sort of abuse, just trying to put things into perspective.)

I would FAR rather be a prisoner in the US system than in China.

This is all an attempt to divert attention away from the well known abuses that China is so infamous for.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 10th Mar, 2006 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

China vs USA
A Friend

Page 5 USA China

Nighthawk, I have heard that when someone is executed in China the government charges the family for the bullet, I wonder if this is true.

Concerning China Vs US:
So many posts on this topic I would have written more about the fact that the Chinese have never had territorial designs outside of China. At one time around 700 ce the Chinese had the world's largest navy and they sailed to India, Arabia and the Horn of Africa. But they withdrew, burning their navy, and retreating back to China: the center of the universe. How would world history be different if they had decided to explore and colonize?
China would not want a war with the US. Why kill the golden goose. We buy billions of dollars worth of Chinese goods. The Chinese finance our debt. If they attacked us we might renig on our financial obligations.

Offtopic but,
India has a billion people and growing faster than China (reference forced abortion). According to Goldman Sachs 2003 study over the next 50 years India will have the world's fastest growing economy.

With a neighbor with a growing military and economy: the US is the last nation China would want to antagonize.

10th Mar, 2006 - 1:52am / Post ID: #

USA China

I also understand that families are charged for the bullet, but usually not allowed to bury the body.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

14th Mar, 2006 - 5:00am / Post ID: #

China vs USA

I think it is laughable that either China or the US would take the high ground on human rights abuses. But quite frankly I think you will find that China is far worse.

China had the highest number of prisoner executions in the world last year, according to an Amnesty International report.

In 2004, 97 per cent of all known executions took place in China, Iran, Viet Nam and the USA.
Based on public reports available, Amnesty International estimated that at least 3,400 people were executed in China during the year, although the true figures were believed to be much higher. In March 2004 a delegate at the National People's Congress said that "nearly 10,000" people are executed per year in China.
Iran executed at least 159 people, and Viet Nam at least 64. There were 59 executions in the USA, down from 65 in 2003.
Amnesty report on prisoner abuse

This is just one area of human rights abuse. As has been mentioned in earlier posts, China chokes all levels of political dissent and controls the media. These are further violations of human rights.

I don't know if the government forces abortion as has been suggested in earlier posts. I actually believe it is a good idea to restrict child birth to control the population. But of course what sounds good in theory may not always work in reality.

I saw a recent documentary that highlighted the lack of women in China. Official statistics show that in 2002, for every 100 newborn girls, there were 117 boys born. If this trend continues, China will have up to 40 million more men than women by 2020. The implications are disturbing, but I'm not sure if the blame can be squarely placed on the Government. They are actually taking steps to encourage families to have girls instead of boys, perhaps we will see a return to 2 children per family very soon.

There is a world report on human rights abuses released by Human Rights Watch.

Cleary both the US and China have made some disturbing developments in this area. I would like to highlight one important point to all those countries who are involved in the War on Terror, or the Long War, as it is now called, including China and Russia.

But the willingness to flout human rights to fight terrorism is not only illegal and wrong; it is counterproductive. These human rights violations generate indignation and outrage that spur terrorist recruitment, undermine the public cooperation with law-enforcement officials that is essential to exposing secret terrorist cells, and cede the moral high ground for those combating the terrorist scourge.
Human Rights World Report

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2006 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

China USA - Page 5

America meets the new superpower

When President Hu Jintao of China shakes hands with President George Bush in Washington tomorrow and gives one of his fixed grins for photographers, it will not be just another meeting between the leader of a large developing country and the chief executive of the richest nation on earth. China is rising fast and is expected to eclipse the United States economically in the future - its gross domestic product is tipped to overtake that of America by 2045.
Ref. https://news.independent.co.uk/world/americ...ticle358568.ece

20th Apr, 2006 - 2:10am / Post ID: #

China USA Politics Business Civil & History - Page 5

What an insightful and well reported article by the Independent.

I think the China vs US power struggle will be the single biggest issue to shape this planet over the next 25 years.

I find it a bit ironic that the US Government whinges about China's manipulation of its currency when a large number of major US corporations have taken advantage of cheap labour in China for decades to become the giant multi-nationals they are today.

It's amazing that they have pulled 400,000 million people out of poverty in 25 years, but still have 17 per cent of their 1.3 billion population living in poverty.

I had no idea half of all industrial goods are made in Chinese factories, that is mind boggling.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (39) »

> TOPIC: China vs USA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,