China vs USA - Page 6 of 39

China finally speaks about the missile test: - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Jan, 2007 - 2:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 39 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (39) »
USA versus China versus Chinese versus Americans The role of its Army, Politics, and Status in the World.
China vs USA Related Information to China vs USA
Post Date: 19th Jan, 2007 - 11:04am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

China vs USA - Page 6

U.S. OFFICIAL: CHINESE TEST MISSILE OBLITERATES SATELLITE

China last week successfully used a missile to destroy an orbiting satellite, U.S. government officials told CNN on Thursday, in a test that could undermine relations with the West and pose a threat to satellites important to the U.S. military.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/space/01/18/c...sile/index.html

Sponsored Links:
19th Jan, 2007 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

USA China

The United States has been able to bring down satellites with missiles since the mid-1980s, according to a history of ASAT programs posted on the Union of Concerned Scientists Web site. In its own test, the U.S. military knocked a satellite out of orbit in 1985.

Under a space policy authorized by President Bush in August, the United States asserts a right to "freedom of action in space" and says it will "deter others from either impeding those rights or developing capabilities intended to do so."

The policy includes the right to "deny, if necessary, adversaries the use of space capabilities hostile to U.S. national interests."

I may be wrong but last time I check the United States is not the ruler of the world!

If the United Nation sanctioned them to be, then perhaps the above last two paragraphs might has some real validation thus justifying the United States authority in the rights to low orbit satellites.

I am glad that the UN has been petitioned to come into the issue so that rules and regulations concerning anti-satellite technology can be established. Then if the rules are breached action can be taken.

It is important any action taken be truly for the greater good of the world not just for one country to maintain a stronghold over another.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 19th Jan, 2007 - 3:49pm / Post ID: #

China vs USA
A Friend

China vs USA History & Civil Business Politics

Did I misunderstand this recent news? I thought they reported that China had shot down one of its own satellites, not one of ours?

19th Jan, 2007 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 USA China

Magpie you are correct. they did shoot down their own satellite. USA Canada ect protested as now it leaves possible dangerous debris. A second fear is that China will start shooting Satellites down that the USA use.

Any test like that I think is to be UN sanctioned.

This test I understand was not(nor the prior two).

I just commented on some of the documents quoted in the article.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

19th Jan, 2007 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

USA China

QUOTE (Krakyn)
I may be wrong but last time I check the United States is not the ruler of the world!

There are many here who will not put it like that, but that is what they do think and very much believe - the US is the sole rule giver over the world and other nations have no sovereignty of their own. Other nations exist and act so long ad it does not get in the way of what the US wants to do.

The basis here is that the US will always act as a 'good guy', but nations like China have the potential to act as a 'bad guy', and I assume it is largely thought of this way because of the form of government they have. Again, this is how many here think - not necessarily how I think. Having the ability to shoot down a US space object and you are not part of the US nor do you have a democracy is like giving power to the 'bad guys', this is the way I believe the US sees it.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 20th Jan, 2007 - 11:32am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

China vs USA

U.S., ALLIES PROTEST CHINA'S ANTI-SATELLITE TEST

China's anti-satellite weapons test has raised concerns in Asia and the United States about the rising militarization of space and prompted governments to demand explanations from Beijing, while Russia expressed skepticism about the test.

Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/01/1...e.ap/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Jan, 2007 - 10:52am / Post ID: #

China USA - Page 6

Apparently the US, USSR and China have been creating anti-satellite weapons for quite some time. However, what makes this recent test interesting, according to Wikipedia, is that it is the first test since the 80s.

Anti-satellite programs

For me, the only real concern is the damage casued by the the test, and its resulting debris, on other satellites in a similar orbit. The fear about China planning to knock-out US spy satellites is a nonsense.

Rather off topic, but...
This whole notion that the US is the "good guy" and other nations/people, such as China, are "bad guys" is a very outdated and American way of thinking. All the goodwill that the US has built up over the past few decades has been destroyed by the current US Government. Furthermore, I would argue very strongly against anyone who thinks the US is the sole rule giver and that other nations don't have true sovereignty. Thile this may seem reality in some situations, like the Middle East, but it certainly isn't the case in most of Asia, Europe and other parts of the world.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

23rd Jan, 2007 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

China USA Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

China finally speaks about the missile test:

"China has never participated and will never participate in any arms race in outer space ... This test was not directed at any country and does not constitute a threat to any country."

China had previously refused to comment on a White House statement last week that the country had fired a medium-range ballistic missile from the ground on January 11 to destroy an aging weather satellite more than 500 miles into space. It was the first such test since the cold war era.

Although there is no international agreement outlawing these tests, Washington halted its own in 1985 because of fears of damaging military and civilian satellites with large clouds of debris.

The Chinese test, a further sign of the country's increasing military capability, was especially troubling for the US because it exposed the vulnerability its low-orbiting satellites, which are used for military communications, smart bombs and surveillance.

Asked about China's delay in reporting the test, Mr Liu said: "China has nothing to hide. After various parties expressed concern we explained this test in outer space to them."
https://www.guardian.co.uk/china/story/0,,1996689,00.html

For the US to say that their concern is only for space debris seems a bit ridiculous to me. This test has global military implications. It will be interesting to watch the next few days of "official protesting."

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

> TOPIC: China vs USA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,