USA vs Syria

Usa Syria - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 19th Apr, 2003 - 11:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (54) »
versus U.S.A. Is Syria the next Iraq?
USA vs Syria Related Information to USA vs Syria
14th Apr, 2003 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #

USA vs Syria

Is this becoming a political venture or is it a revamp of the Middle East?

international QUOTE
Administration steps up criticism of Syria

The White House kept up the pressure on Syria Monday, rejecting its denial that it harbors senior Iraqi leaders and raising anew accusations that Damascus is engaged in chemical weapons programs.

But the White House stopped short of saying what, if anything, the United States would do if Syria does not "Cooperate."  Ref.Source

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2003 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

USA vs Syria
A Friend

Syria USA

Looks like Bush, Rumsfeld and gang have decided to expand membership of the Axis of Evil club. I won't be surprised if Libya is also a pre-qualified member. And maybe Pakistan is already vetted for future membership.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2003 - 10:24am / Post ID: #

USA vs Syria
A Friend

USA vs Syria History & Civil Business Politics

Looks like Bush, Rumsfeld and gang have decided to expand membership of the Axis of Evil club.

I don't have a problem with that.
If you can't call a spade a spade, you aren't thinking clearly.

15th Apr, 2003 - 11:10am / Post ID: #

Syria USA

The UN Secretary General basically gave a rebuke to Powell about his statements about Syria, because once again the US was not using the UN as a base to bring up these kinds of problems. The Secretary General also said that the US is only going to cause destabilization in the region. In a followup to this the US ambassador to Syria agreed that Syria IS DOING what the US says it is (hiding Saddam leadership, chemical weapons, etc).

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2003 - 2:28pm / Post ID: #

USA vs Syria
A Friend

Syria USA

The Secretary General giving a rebuke to Colin Powell?
That's a joke.

I believe, in all seriousness, that there will be an eventual "revamping" of the Middle East, especially in light of the fall of the Hussein dictatorship.

Already several countries, notably Iran and the Palestinians are moving away from the idea of totalitarian governments. There are a lot you young people over there who want something better than what has been for so long.

The signs of political unrest is everywhere, and Iraq has just proven to all of them  that it can be achieved.

It won't take war after war, however. I think the people themselves will inagurate changes in the various countries.

I don't think war with Syria is even on the table for the US. They made their point, loud and clear. Everyone sat up and took notice.

The Ayatollah of Iran has told his cabinet that it is in Iran's interests to open a dialogue with the US.

Little Runt in North Korea is all of a sudden quite willing to have unilateral discussions.

I did a little quick math on this. The numbers are not precise, mind you, but they give you a rough picture of what the terrorist boys are looking at.

Counting 9/11, US casualties are around 2,500

Terrorist and their supporters casualties roughly 280,000 and two countries. Get the picture? You can bet Syria, Iran and North Korea have gotten it.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2003 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

USA vs Syria
A Friend

USA vs Syria

Little Runt in North Korea is all of a sudden quite willing to have unilateral discussions.

??? ??? I thought that was what N Korea has been demanding all this while. Do you mean multilateral talks?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Apr, 2003 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

USA Syria

international QUOTE
Just in the last couple of days, comments from some within the administration have led to speculation that perhaps the U.S. Will turn its sights on another oppressive Middle Eastern regime, such as Syria or Iran.
Just this morning, Secretary of State Colin Powell felt the need to set the record straight.  "We have concerns about Syria.  We have let Syria know of our concerns.  We also have concerns about some of the policies of Iran.  We have made the Iranians fully aware of our concerns....But there is no list, there is no war plan right now to go attack someone else either for the purpose of overthrowing their leadership or for the purpose of imposing democratic values." From ABC NEWS

But even without new U.S. Invasion plans, the whole region could be touched by the political equivalent of an earthquake in Iraq.  

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2003 - 11:01am / Post ID: #

USA vs Syria
A Friend

USA Syria Politics Business Civil & History

Fireduck,
Yes.
I stand corrected. Sometimes fingers type faster than brain works.
But as I type this, Little Runt is talking tough again.

Seems Rumsfield has stepped a little hard on the toes of his ego. (Dummy doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut)

I really can't conceive of another war happening. The tolerance level here in the US goes only so far.

Even as hawkish as I am, I see no point in jumping Syria. We have extreme leverage now, and need to be smart about it.

We need to cultivate the people of Iraq, gain their trust and establish ourselves as credible allies rather than enemies.

I agree with the "political earthquake" analogy, although I don't see the US as "causing" it. The times are changing, and we were merely a player in the scene.

The Middle East is coming out of their Middle Ages mindset. If we can find a way to change this traditional advesarial role, that will be a good thing.

I think we would stand a better chance if our President were not a die-hard, fundamentalist, evangelical christian, however- with strong ties to Franklin Graham.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (54) »

> TOPIC: USA vs Syria

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,