Arafat - Revolutionary?

Arafat Revolutionary - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 8th Mar, 2003 - 11:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
24th Dec, 2002 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Arafat - Revolutionary?

Arafat, Leader or Procrastinator?

user posted image

Is Arafat really capable of leading the people
of Palastine or is he just playing for time? Is
what he is doing now giving him the 'base' with
which he needs to force Israel into giving an
independent State?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
30th Jan, 2003 - 11:13am / Post ID: #

Revolutionary Arafat

Most of the world gets it's opinion from the news agencies friendly towards Israel - but what about from the horse's mouth?

Check this site: https://www.palestinedaily.com/

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

14th Feb, 2003 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Arafat - Revolutionary? History & Civil Business Politics

Is Arafat finally getting the picture?

From Deseret News:

ARAFAT TO NAME PRIME MINISTER
Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat said today he would appoint a prime minister to
help run day-to-day affairs, meeting a key reform the United States and the
European Union have demanded for months.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...31605%2C00.html

15th Feb, 2003 - 3:49pm / Post ID: #

Revolutionary Arafat

I don't know really, this guy is a mystery to me. I don't believe him, I think he uses people and situations for his own benefit. I don't think he wants peace between Palestine and Israel, I strongly feel that somebody new should be appointed, someone who is peaceful enough to make a stop for good in this conflict.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 16th Feb, 2003 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

Arafat - Revolutionary?
A Friend

Revolutionary Arafat

The way I see it, he is past his revolutionary days. I believe there is some sincerity in him to achieve peaceful resolution to the Middle East situation and to achieve a Palestinian State. I mean, this guy has worked with so many world leaders since towards that goal, and that includes Israeli leaders. How can so many of these leaders be conned (or charmed) by the man and not get a feel of his true intentions?

However, what the problem is, I think, is that he is not able to rein in the more radical elements of his people, i.e. Hamas and such. And no one is giving support and the necessary clout to him to handle that problem. When a suicide bomber attacks, Arafat is blamed. Ok, so he may be the symbol to his people but there are large segments that he couldn't control. He needs help in that.

By stockading him and basically placing him under house arrest (and sometimes without basic amenities too) is not going to help. That is what Sharon is doing. Ever since Sharon came into power, he has never gone to the negotiating table with Arafat. That's because he really hated Arafat. But reality is you must still talk to the 'leader' of the Palestinian people. That is the political game. You cannot just come in and violently change other people's leadership. Even the hawkish Netanyahu has made the effort to negotiate with the Palestinians when he was the PM.

I don't know what a new leader will do or can do for the Palestinians but for sure the way Sharon is handling the situation is definitely not right. Violence breeds violence. And the way I see it, Palestinians have got nothing much to lose; they do not even have a homeland to call their own. All they have is time, and for some their lives. So they either wait it out or fight the only way they can.

I think peace will only come when Arafat is gone, yes, but also when Sharon steps down too. Both are fighters in the past. They do not know of any other way to govern and to resolve problems.

In the meantime, the people has suffered enough. Let them have a future for their children. If the world wants to help, start by giving the Palestinian people some hope that they will get to enjoy the satisfaction of seeing grandchildren, a future to look forward too.

16th Feb, 2003 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

Arafat - Revolutionary?

The way I see it, he is past his revolutionary days.

This is he beginning and the end of the whole story.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Mar, 2003 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #

Arafat - Revolutionary?
A Friend

Arafat Revolutionary

If I may point out,
Yassar Arafat is called "the father of modern terriorism".
He originated and refined the methods used by Hamas, the Ente Fada, Hezbollah and the rest of that rat pack.
The PLO still engages in attacks today.

8th Mar, 2003 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

Arafat Revolutionary Politics Business Civil & History

Yassar Arafat is called "the father of modern terriorism".

Yes, I think he is. But can anybody explain me how long this guy is going to be in power?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Arafat - Revolutionary?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,