Three Strikes Law - Page 2 of 3

I take a bit different look at this. I really - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 12th Jan, 2005 - 6:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2003 - 5:53am / Post ID: #

Three Strikes Law
A Friend

Three Strikes Law - Page 2

I agree with you on that point. Do you believe that if it is a murder case that the death penalty should be instituted even if it is the first strike? I feel that death should be punishable with death. It only seems fair, not that you can really obatain any fairness out of a murder, considering what's done is done.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2003 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

Three Strikes Law
A Friend

Law Strikes Three

I think the Three Strikes Law applies on to serious crime not writing of bad checks.

The three strikes laws apply to crimes that are classified as felonies.  For crimes like theft and bad checks the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony would be dollar amount in most jurisdictions.  However, the bad check issue was a real situation a third time offender was facing.  

But if it is rape and murder, one strike and you're are out! In my book, anyway.

Very few things net a person life in prison - certain types of murder.  Even fewer receive the death penalty.

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2004 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Three Strikes Law History & Civil Business Politics

MAN WHO BEHEADED DOG SENTENCED TO 25 YEARS TO LIFE

A man who beheaded a German shepherd he had named for his girlfriend was sentenced Friday to 25 years to life under the state's three-strikes law.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/10/08/dog.killing.ap/index.html

9th Oct, 2004 - 3:57pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Law Strikes Three

In my opinion this is what is wrong with three strikes laws...no one should be sentenced to 20 years behind bars for killing a dog! True it was cruel and shouldn't be tolerated, but to then sentence the person so such a long sentence, that is ridiculous. Now, taxpayers will pay to support this person for the next 20 years as well...just doesn't make any sense to me. The punishment should always fit the crime...the crime you have just committed not one you committed 18 years ago!

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

9th Oct, 2004 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

Law Strikes Three

The law is ridiculous, but what is more ridiculous is someone with two strikes remaining in the State! Why haven't people protested strongly on this issue or do they think it really works?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3215 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

9th Oct, 2004 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

Three Strikes Law

What happens is people here what is reported in the media. This is usually the horrible cases where some guy has been in serious trouble his entire life and then does something horrendous like murder a young girl or something. So, people say "why wasn't he kept off the streets." Then they decide the solution is some mandatory law that doesn't take anything into consideration, just says, strike three your out! Most people are not any good at thinking for themselves. They listen to what the new media tells them, which tends to be inflammatory. After all, they are trying to sell news stories and get ratings.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Oct, 2004 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

Three Strikes Law - Page 2

Proposition 66 in California will be voted on this coming November election. The vote will determine if changes to the current 'Three Strike' law will be made. It seems that the majority of Californians today (and those who participated in this discussion) are for changes to the law. Here are some details from Easyvoter.org regarding the proposition and pros and cons.

https://www.easyvoter.org/california/nextel...neral/3-66.html

Do you think Proposition 66 is enough of a change?

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

12th Jan, 2005 - 6:46am / Post ID: #

Three Strikes Law Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

I take a bit different look at this. I really have no problems with the 3-strikes law. If you find yourself in this situation, then you probably have done some fairly unsavory things in your life. However, for some of the more rare cases where it apparently has been excessive for the crime commited, then the parole boards are there to right the wrong in say 5 years or so - I think that is when they would be eligeble for their first parole.

Just a thought,

Vincenzo

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Three Strikes Law

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,