Mother abandons son for internet lover

Mother Abandons Son Internet Lover - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 31st Aug, 2003 - 4:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2003 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

This was on the news the other day and was being discussed on this radio station I listen to and I just remembered it and thought i'd post it here.

A mother went shopping and never returned leaving her 12 year old son not knowing where his mother was. The mother went to Ausralia, on the other side of the world to move in with a man she had met over the internet. The boy's father had to break the news to him. The mother said she didn't want to uproot the boy and move him half way around the world, and didn't tell him she was going because she couldn't bear to say goodbye. However, she says she does not regret what she has done.

-----
What does everyone think of this story?

I think it's terrible that a mother could do that to her child. Most parents would put their children first but she was being selfish and didnt even have the decency to tell him herself. Not a very good parent!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Aug, 2003 - 1:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

lover internet son abandons Mother

You know, we have had many cases like this.  Reading this brought one to my mind that happened not too long ago.  This woman left her two small children locked up in her apartment and went half way across the US to be with a man that she had met on the net.  The only way anyone even noticed that she was gone was the two children were constantly peeping out the windows all day long looking for their mommy to come home.  Eventually, one of the neighbors called the police and then social services came and took this woman's children away.  They also tracked this woman down and arrested her.  They charged her with neglect.

I don't know why some people have to be so cruel to their children.  They are like these little 'mini-me's and they don't ask for this stuff to happen.  It just makes me so angry, because there are good people out there that cannot have their own children and want children so badly, but then you have these other people who have children and abuse, and neglect them.  It just doesn't seem fair to the children to have such terrible parents.

30th Aug, 2003 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

Mother abandons son for internet lover History & Civil Business Politics

I think that woman cannot be refer as a mother. I think she's a monster, she needs to be judge and go straight to jail...and of course lose all the rights over her son.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 31st Aug, 2003 - 12:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

They also tracked this woman down and arrested her.  They charged her with neglect.

Sometimes I think we should bring back public flogging - okay not really but just locking this woman up doesn't seem like enough.

....there are good people out there that cannot have their own children and want children so badly, but then you have these other people who have children and abuse, and neglect them.  It just doesn't seem fair to the children to have such terrible parents.

That has been my thought as well.  

Both of these stories are heartbreaking.  Someday these women will reap what they have sown.

Post Date: 31st Aug, 2003 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Someday these women will reap what they have sown.

Not to sound too harsh, but it's too bad it can't be sooner than later.  I really do believe that they should really start cracking down on parents that neglect their children for their own selfish reasons.  Just like in the story that Rob told.  That woman was being selfish to her own needs.  But what about the needs of her son?  It seems she did not once think about his needs or actually think of him at all.  If she truly wanted to be with another man, she could have just taken her son to his father and left him there.  It probably wouldn't have been as bad as her just leaving him with the premise of her returning.  She was just being a coward to not want to tell her son that she was leaving.

> TOPIC: Mother abandons son for internet lover

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,