Politics - Paris Heat Wave

Politics Paris Heat Wave - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 27th Aug, 2003 - 11:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 21st Aug, 2003 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

Politics -  Paris Heat Wave
A Friend

Politics - Paris Heat Wave

France claims that the recent European heat wave (search) was responsible for the deaths of 3,000 of its countrymen. But for most of the summer, it has been much hotter in the American West, and no one can find even one body attributable to the heat.

https://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,95260,00.html

As an environmentalist I didn't really like the tone of this story but as a Floridian I really like air conditioning.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Aug, 2003 - 11:16am / Post ID: #

Wave Heat Paris Politics

I actually found the figure a bit high. I wonder if they really did autopsies on each body or was it an assumption to exaggerate the facts?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2003 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #

Politics -  Paris Heat Wave
A Friend

Politics - Paris Heat Wave History & Civil Business Politics

I too thought the numbers were quite high.  I have been reading some up on this and some of the deaths were elder people left at home in the heat.  So, some of the people there are blaming the polititians for cut backs in their health care reform.  But still, that many people, you would figure that they would be trying to do something to help the people, not just let them suffer.

> TOPIC: Politics - Paris Heat Wave

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,