12-year-old begins medical school

12-year-old Begins Medical School - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 5th Jun, 2012 - 12:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2003 - 9:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Youngest student ever at University of Chicago professional school

Sho Yano's mother hands him his lunch for school in a brown paper bag - a turkey sandwich and cookies included. "You don't need any bones today? No bones?" Kyung Yano asks her quiet, spectacle-wearing 12-year-old, who shakes his head "no" as they head out their apartment door. She wants to make sure he isn't supposed to take his samples of spinal bones and a human skull to class, where he's learning about human anatomy.

It's the kind of morning many young students and their parents experience - except for one thing. Sho isn't in junior high. He's a first-year medical school student at the University of Chicago, where he's the youngest ever to attend one of the university's professional schools.

https://www.msnbc.com/news/956670.asp?cp1=1

I thought this was pretty cool.  It reminds me of that old tv show, 'Doogie Howser M.D.'  But of course, this is real life.  I think it's great that this young boy chose medicine because he wants to help people.

Sponsored Links:
12th Dec, 2003 - 10:23pm / Post ID: #

school medical begins -year-old

If all goes well he can be a doctor while he is still a teenager, but at the same time would anyone feel comfortable having a tennager give them medical advice?

13th Dec, 2003 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

12-year-old begins medical school UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Wow, he's very young. I think whoever doesn't feel comfortable with him as a doctor is ignorant because his age has nothing to do with his knowledge. Although I cannot remember where I read it but I remember there was a similar case in the USA and because of some kind of law they didn't not allow the kid to practise medicine until he reaches a certain age (I think it was 18 or 21) I cannot remember now.

4th Feb, 2004 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

Until you are 18 you can't legally enter into a contract in the US so I can't believe they could practice medicine before then because of malpractice issues. Also, I think age is important because my relationship with my doctor is more than just the results of medical tests. He has to have developed some maturity in order to treat me properly as a patient and not just a medical case, for example.

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2012 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Child prodigy Sho Yano earns medical degree at age 21

Sho Yano, who was reading at age 2, writing at 3 and composing music at 5, will graduate this week from the Pritzker School of Medicine, where he also received a Ph.D. In molecular genetics and cell biology, the Chicago Tribune reports. Ref. Source 2

> TOPIC: 12-year-old begins medical school

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,