US Blackout Reports - Page 2 of 2

Widespread power outages reported in D.C.area, - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Apr, 2015 - 7:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Electricity interruption in the USA
Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2003 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

US Blackout Reports
A Friend

US Blackout Reports - Page 2

That looks so eerie for it to be black right in that one area.  It almost looks like a black hole right in the middle of all those lights.  I can only imagine what those people felt sitting in the dark like that.  

We had a really bad ice storm back in 1994.  It knocked out the power and blew transformers up.  It was horrible.  I was lucky enough to live on the same street at a fire station, so I didn't go without power long, but my parents lived way out in the county and it was 2 weeks before they got their power back on.  My mom says she was glad when the power did come back on, because she was tired of cooking on the wood burning stove.  But at least they were able to keep warm and cook meals.  Others weren't so lucky.  I can really sympathize with those people that went hours without power.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Sep, 2011 - 2:28pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Reports Blackout US

Authorities were investigating a rush-hour power blackout in parts of Southern California, Arizona and Mexico on Thursday that left more than 1 million customers without power and caused widespread traffic jams.

San Diego Gas & Electric said all its 1.4 million customers were without power. The problem appeared to have originated in Arizona, the utility said.

Power outages in California on Thursday stretched from San Clemente to the state's border with Mexico, a San Diego County spokesman told CNN.

The cause of the blackout was unclear. The San Diego utility said greater power usage during hot weather could be responsible.

"This is crazy, gridlock everywhere," Brian Korhummel told CNN's iReport.

Post Date: 9th Sep, 2011 - 3:44pm / Post ID: #

US Blackout Reports History & Civil Business Politics

Some could be without power until Saturday

An unprecedented power outage led to controlled chaos Thursday throughout San Diego County and surrounding areas as up to 5 million people coped with the sudden loss of electricity, and officials said power would be restored in waves through Saturday.
California's worst power failure started in the Arizona deserts

The replacement of faulty equipment at a power substation apparently triggered a series of events that knocked out one of two major transmission links that connect San Diego County to the West's electrical grid. Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2011 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Reports Blackout US

Effects of power outage linger

An unprecedented blackout that left millions in the county in the dark ended 12 hours after it began - dealing the local economy a blow, giving every student in the region a three-day weekend and causing a massive sewage spill that fouled beaches in four cities. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 17th Sep, 2011 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

Reports Blackout US

Outage had roots in Mexico, too

Twenty seconds after an Arizona utility worker shorted out a high-voltage power line near Yuma, Ariz., last week, part of a Mexican energy plant shut down, exacerbating an emergency that quickly roiled across southern California, the state's top transmission official said Friday. Ref. Source 3

Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2011 - 10:24am / Post ID: #

US Blackout Reports

Grid operators didn't share info during blackout

Probes into the massive Sept. 8 blackout are highlighting a communication breakdown between five authorities that balance the electrical grid across southernmost California, western Arizona and Baja California. Ref. Source 1

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2015 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

US Blackout Reports - Page 2

Widespread power outages reported in D.C.area, including White House, Capitol

The Associated Press and other media outlets report that the White House and Capitol Building were impacted by the outages. People are also reporting outages in parts of Maryland, including some University of Maryland offices. Ref. USAToday

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: US Blackout Reports

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,