Laci Peterson Murder Case - Page 2 of 5

Well I would have to say that IF he did it - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Dec, 2004 - 2:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Top  Laci Peterson Murder Case
26th Oct, 2004 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

Laci Peterson Murder Case - Page 2

Quote from FoxNews.com

Peterson's Parents take witness stand

Scott Peterson's (search) mother took the witness stand Monday to defend her son and help explain away behavior police have described as that of a guilty man.....

Jackie Peterson, with a small oxygen tank slung over her shoulder and tubes running into her nose, spoke softly, her voice often breaking. She suffers from a lung ailment

This almost seems like a ploy to play with the jury's sympathies. Was it absolutely necessary to have Scott's ailing mother testify on the witness stand? She claims that $10,000 of the $15,000 he had with him when he was arrested in San Diego was from a bank account that she inadvertently withdrew from and then gave to him. Does this sound like a mother who may be embellishing the truth to save her son, possibly?

https://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,136469,00.html

Reconcile Edited: malexander on 26th Oct, 2004 - 3:00am

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Sponsored Links:
12th Nov, 2004 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #

Case Murder Peterson Laci

Update: Scott Peterson was found guilty of first degree murderin the death of his pregnant wife and second-degree murder in the death of their unborn son.

It is interesting because the evidence against Peterson was circumstantial.
The penalty sentence will start on November 22nd. He faces death penalty or life in prison without the posibility of parole.

I cannot believe also that he receives hundreds of letters every month, specially from females that say they want to marry him! rolleyes.gif What the heck is wrong with these people???? sad.gif

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 12th Nov, 2004 - 10:05pm

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

12th Dec, 2004 - 10:52am / Post ID: #

Laci Peterson Murder Case History & Civil Business Politics

Well, the juries well know that their sympathies for the families of both sides should not affect them in decision. I have the feeling they will give him life without possibility of parole, not because they are not convinced he is the murderer, but because all evidence presented so far do not direct him accuse of the murders.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2004 - 9:53pm / Post ID: #

Laci Peterson Murder Case
A Friend

Page 2 Case Murder Peterson Laci

They jury on the case voted unanimously on the death penalty for Scott Peterson.

The judge will sentence the date on February 25.

Message Edited!
Malexander: Topic already existed on Scott Peterson trial/verdict. Your topic was merged into this one. Thanks!

Reconcile Edited: malexander on 14th Dec, 2004 - 12:25am

13th Dec, 2004 - 10:08pm / Post ID: #

Case Murder Peterson Laci

I am probably in the minority here, but I am opposed to the death penalty. I think it punishes too many innocent people. I am not speaking of the person put to death, but rather the loved ones of that person. Also, there are cases where innocent people have been sent to prison and were proven innocent years later. Once you put them to death, it is too late.

In fact, recently there was a case in Texas I think where a man was on death row. He was just proven via DNA evidence to be innocent. What if he had been executed. Another case in Virginia, the family is trying to have remains exhumed to test for DNA evidence. He was put to death and the family believes DNA will prove he was not guilty. The state won't allow the testing to be done.

Finally, it costs more to put someone to death than to house them for the rest of their lives without the possibility of parole.

By the time Scott is executed, tons of tax dollars will have been spent in automatic appeals. Unless, he decides to stop fighting.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

14th Dec, 2004 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

And he will not stop fighting, they will appeal his lawyers said....
I have mixed feelings about it. First of all, I think he killed her. Now, is not enough to 'think' someone is the killer...you need to prove it. There is not direct evidence against him, no murder weapon, no witnesses, no known physical evidence linking Peterson to the deaths, and no confession. He is guilty of adultery, that's proven but murder? hmmmm....
The jury also said the condemn he got was mainly because of his 'lack of emotion" during the whole trial. And there are people who are emotionless...who cannot express their feelings for different reasons. A person does not have to cry and shout for a jury to think 'they have feelings'.
Although as I said before I think he killed her, it seems there is not enough evidence to link him to this murder.
I do not even think he will be executed. I was reading that in Caifornia recently executed a guy for a murder that happened in 1980! so he has a longgg way to go still...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Dec, 2004 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

Laci Peterson Murder Case - Page 2

Yes..believe it or not he even have a fan's club!!!! *shaking head*

REDWOOD CITY, California (AP) -- Scott Peterson remains cheerful despite being sentenced to death just days ago, buoyed in part by the constant flow of fan mail he continues to receive, the San Mateo County sheriff said Thursday.

Peterson's demeanor hasn't changed since he was transferred months ago from Stanislaus County to the San Mateo County Jail, even after jurors found him guilty of two counts of murder, Sheriff Don Horsley said during a news conference.

https://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/12/17/laci.pet...n.ap/index.html

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2004 - 2:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Laci Peterson Murder Case Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Well I would have to say that IF he did it then the death penalty would not be good enough for murdering a unborn child

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Laci Peterson Murder Case

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,