Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated? - Page 4 of 14

[edit]Off topic comments were move to the - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 14th Apr, 2003 - 1:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (14) »
USA Are you a Black or Spanish USA Citizen? Do you feel discriminated? Is the US denying that there is a serious problem among their own?
Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated? Related Information to Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated?
Post Date: 10th Apr, 2003 - 11:09am / Post ID: #

Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated?
A Friend

Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated? - Page 4

[quote]

Nobody has the right to tell nobody that. Of course. But if the reason it's because they're blacks or jews or something like that  it's definetly wrong. This world has a very sad story on slavery and Holocaust to have a dumbie ignorant and stupid individual don't want to be in the same club than another individual because of their race. Look what the apartheid did in South Africa for instance!. Of course there are obvioous reasons to not want to hang out with someone but if the reason it's just their skin color or the way they look I think it's wrong and unacceptable.[/quote]
You keep contradicting yourself.
First you say, no you don't have the right to legislate social behavior,
Then you say ...but, if it's because...
Which is it?
Don't bother me with the tired old slavery routine.
All races, creeds, colors and genders have been subjected to slavery at some point in history.
Big deal, so what? My forefathers were slaves to the Romans. Do you hear me griping?

The Jews were- and are- the most persecuted race in all of history. Do you hear them whining, wringing their hands and begging for "affirmative action"? No. They are busy carving out their own FUTURES, not crying about their past.

I have no patience with the slavery routine.

First of all, none of the ones doing the griping were slaves. They have just found a very effective con; playing on the guilty collective conscience of a society too dumb to see through it.

Second, I can point to thousands of blacks who have become everything they want to be; successful careers, millionaires, billionaires, scientists, The Secretary Of State to the most powerful nation on earth, you name it.

My message is, shut up and get on with your life. Life is tough enough without you whining about it.

The problem lies in the fact that that whining has become an effective tool for conning money for them.

Sponsored Links:
10th Apr, 2003 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #

Discriminated Citizens USA Hispanic and Black Are

[quote]You keep contradicting yourself.
First you say, no you don't have the right to legislate social behavior,
Then you say ...but, if it's because...
Which is it?
Don't bother me with the tired old slavery routine.
All races, creeds, colors and genders have been subjected to slavery at some point in history.
Big deal, so what? My forefathers were slaves to the Romans. Do you hear me griping?

The Jews were- and are- the most persecuted race in all of history. Do you hear them whining, wringing their hands and begging for "affirmative action"? No. They are busy carving out their own FUTURES, not crying about their past.

I have no patience with the slavery routine.

First of all, none of the ones doing the griping were slaves. They have just found a very effective con; playing on the guilty collective conscience of a society too dumb to see through it.

Second, I can point to thousands of blacks who have become everything they want to be; successful careers, millionaires, billionaires, scientists, The Secretary Of State to the most powerful nation on earth, you name it.

My message is, shut up and get on with your life. Life is tough enough without you whining about it.

The problem lies in the fact that that whining has become an effective tool for conning money for them. [/quote]

Your reply doesn't not even deserves a proper answer.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2003 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated? History & Civil Business Politics

Well, it is obvious that you missed the entire point.
As most people do, I think you reacted emotionally and made an assumption, probably several of them.

The first assumption was likely that my reply was based on bias or prejudice, and that it had racial overtones. It did not.

The entire thing is based on a very pragmatic attitude I have about life, which is based on one thing alone- accomplishing your goals.

I do not see things in terms of races, genders, etc., but on a very individual basis. Therefore, I base everything on dealing with the individual.

To me, there are inherent dangers in aligning one's self too closely with any group or subgroup. One becomes a part of the collective mindset, which almost never is geared towards the individual rising above the average collective.

I know many highly succsessful people, I have read about all the great people of history, and they all share that one common trait. They never thought of themselves as "part of the masses".

Life, my dear lady, is very hard, harsh at times, rarely fair and filled with pain, failure and disappointment. If one succumbs to the beating life gives, one lives in misery. The only way out is a determination to win out over the trials.

My objection to the discrimination/slavery routines given to the blacks and other minorities is this. It has the hidden implication that they are indeed inferior, and must be helped because they really can't make it, can't compete in the white man's world.

That is pure baloney, because I have worked with some of the smartest people alive who are not white, not males. I have fought with some giants among warriors, the bravest men I ever knew.

If anyone is to rise above their poverty, their lowly status in life, it has to be as an individual, not as a statistic in some group. When you succumb to that, you doom yourself to failure every time.

Life doesn't reward you because you are black, hispanic or a woman. Life rewards you when you grab it by the throat and shake the rewards from it.

Does that make any more sense to you? Do you see what I meant now?

12th Apr, 2003 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Discriminated Citizens USA Hispanic and Black Are

You said that I made an assumption? lol I think you're the one that made all kind of assumptions in your last message based on my reply "Your reply doesn't not even deserves a proper answer" :smile.gif
Anyway, I got your point. I agree with some of it and I totally disagree with other points. You're not black, or jew, or hispanic, you're not a minority in the USA. You actually seems like a real smart man which even though you mentioned before was descriminated you cannot compare it with the past and the present discrimination other people face every day. Now, it's easy to talk big from your perspective but believe me to know what hunger is in Africa, you need to go there and experience it yourself...just because a person for instance don't have food to eat for lunch it doesn't make them to know how the people there lives. Do you see what I mean?. How you can possible know? How you can possible say that they need to move on when there are issues they need to work on? Yes, there are succesful people who come from very low backgrounds and different races but NOT everybody deals with the same issues in the same way. This is all about emphathy Stranger and to put yourself a bit in the shoes of others. As hispanic I don't feel discriminated in this country (Trinidad) I did feel discriminated in the USA but I didn't make a big issue of it, after all I said to myself, I know who I am and I don't care what the heck this people think I am. But not everybody has that strength and self-confidence...now it doesn't make it right for others to bother you and make fun of you just because you're 'different' to what they see every day. What I can tell you man, I consider myself a very sensitive and compassionate person. I guess that's a gif God has given to most women.   But I know if we go deeper into this we will may get into an argument and I want to avoid you the work to get mad at me ;D
Actually some of your points are really good but you're talking again from your perspective and experience of life. Even though you have valid points that I do agree with, you lack a lot of empathy which is in great need to be able to help people. Like I said before, not everyone has the same self-esteem, strength and faith to believe in themselves and make a change and reach their goals no matter what.
To feel empathy NOT pity or sorry for them, will allow them to build that self-confidence that they need to 'move on'. They just need help but if we turn our backs and tell me that 'all that slavery thing is bologna' is not going to help them. We need to help and train people to become the kind of people they dream to be.
And we need to make people know that everybody is equal, train them, have campaigns against discrimination, etc because believe it or not the hate crime is very high worldwide, specially in the USA.  Some people have real issues Stranger to be talking about the 'past'. They face it in their daily lives, I have seen it.
Regards to the jews, yes! I heard them complaining all the time! I have lived in Argentina for 23 years, most of my friends at college were jews (Argentina is the second country in America with the biggest jewish population) ALL the time they complaint about everything!, the past, the terrorist attacks, if you look at them too much they may come and tell you 'You don't like me because I'm a jew, right?' they're in defense mode all the time. One guy at college make a silly joke with this jewish girl, she went straight to complain about racial discrimination, nex day the guy was out of school!. I don't blame them! they have a past that CANNOT and MUST NOT be forgotten. I REFUSE to forget about slavery and the Holocaust for instance, none of them are part of my personal past but just because I'm not a black or a jew it doesn't mean I cannot be emphatethic with what they have been going through for years. ALL these things ARE not part of the past, it must be part of the PRESENT also, because when people start to lose their memory about issues like that in History...then there is the risk and danger that the story repeat itself. I'm not saying that we should live in the past, because the life continues...some can handle it, some others cannot. Do we have the right to tell them 'to move on'??!? Who the heck give us that right?.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2003 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discriminated Citizens USA Hispanic and Black Are

A couple of points.
Empathy. My way of showing empathy is different from yours. My was is to do like I did with my sons- show them how to solve the problem. It is a fundamental difference between you and me. Words are fine, but action is better. But I recognize your heart reaching out to people, and do not mean to belittle that in any way.

It's like this (in analogy). You walk up, put your arm aaround them and sympathize. I walk up, kick them in the butt and say let's do something about it.

We all are fed a lot of BS from a lot of sources. The only way to combat it is to look it in the face, see it for what it is and discard it. Negative thinking is the most destructive thing I can think of.

A cold, hard fact I discovered in the course of my own life is that hard times make you fit, temper you like a sword put in the fire, then between the hammer and anvil. Without that, you are weak. Rather than cry about our trials and tribulations, we should welcome them, for they make us into people who can overcome.

Lastly, and this is not meant in a defensive way. You have no idea where I have been and what I have seen. It is a lot more than you might suspect. I've been around a long time, LDS, and have seen the misery of a lot of people in this old world. Including Africa.

And you couldn't make me mad at you if you tried. You are a sweet lady, and I don't get mad at people for caring. I don't get mad at our anti-war protesters. I understand their concern, and it's a legitimate one.

13th Apr, 2003 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

[quote]And you couldn't make me mad at you if you tried. You are a sweet lady, and I don't get mad at people for caring. I don't get mad at our anti-war protesters. I understand their concern, and it's a legitimate one. [/quote]

I understand your points, I guess we talk from two different perspectives and backgrounds. I'm a woman, you're a man, I'm in my late's 20's, you're....? we will never know lol, I assume you're in your 50's....I'm from Argentina, you're an American, etc etc etc.  :) We experienced life in different ways, we don't know each other and of course we share our opinions based on those things. Plus, we don't have to agree anyway! wink.gif where all the fun will go if so? ;D

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Apr, 2003 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated - Page 4

[quote]Plus, we don't have to agree anyway! wink.gif where all the fun will go if so? ;D[/quote]
That's right.
I would be horribly bored if you agreed with me all the time. Even if I am right all the time. ;D ;D ;D

And all of your points are well taken about differences.
One's life experiences do shape them in their views and approaches to life and its problems.

But I would like to reiterate what I said about the "hammer and the anvil". I have had a very hard life, but standing where I am now, I am glad for it.

It has fashioned me into a person who can deal with adversity, one whom my compatriots can rely on in the crunch, and, contrary to what one might assume, a very positive-thinking, cheerful person.

I highly recommend diving headlong into the trials of life. It is the greatest journey one will ever take.

14th Apr, 2003 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

[edit]Off topic comments were move to the Welcome board as part of the FAQ. Thread called, 'Controlling Admin'[/edit]

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,