Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated? - Page 5 of 14

[quote] You mean to say none that you know[/quote] - Page 5 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 14th Aug, 2003 - 1:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (14) »
USA Are you a Black or Spanish USA Citizen? Do you feel discriminated? Is the US denying that there is a serious problem among their own?
Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated? Related Information to Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated?
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2003 - 12:50am / Post ID: #

Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated?
A Friend

Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated? - Page 5

YES<><><>These people are dicriminated big time the southern usa never gave the coloured people freedom its still there large as life if it was not then the KKK would be happy and they would disband <><><>I think that the spanish people bring a lot of greif of all sorts on them selfs.I also think that these people are a product of our wonderfull government they are the ones who created the slums they live in they are the ones who took away there self respect and gave them almost nothing to live for this to me creates a hostile inviroment .ONE of which nobody respects makeing them outcasts because of nonconforming to the norm

Sponsored Links:
22nd Apr, 2003 - 11:58am / Post ID: #

Discriminated Citizens USA Hispanic and Black Are

[quote]I think that the spanish people bring a lot of greif of all sorts on them selfs.I also think that these people are a product of our wonderfull government they are the ones who created the slums they live in they are the ones who took away there self respect and gave them almost nothing to live for this to me creates a hostile inviroment.[/quote]

Although your words are hard I do agree with them 100%. I'm hispanic and I was a foreigner when I lived in the USA and I am still a foreigner now that I live in Trinidad and Tobago.
It makes me angry to see hispanic people ONLY related and interacting with hispanic people, not to mention that it bothers me extremely that they don't learn english and they speak spanish between themselves all the time even when there are english speakers around them. I think that's a lack of respect. I believe strongly as a foreigner that when you go to a country that is not yours, you're the one that has to make the move, you're the one that has to blend with the rest of the people, nobody else has to do that for you. The first thing that they need to do is to learn the language, I know some people don't have that ability but at least they need to try. Personally what I have experienced with some Americans is that if you speak to them in english and they see that your english is pretty good they tend to be more friendly. Although some Americans make the assumption that because you're hispanic you don't know english, I went to a hospital for instance in the USA and I introduced myself in english and an American girl who works there was answering me in spanish and I answered her back in english. It took her a while to realize the silliness of the situation, after that she told me that my english was really good and that she's not accostum to deal with hispanic people who speak english fluently. Other people approach you like instead of being you a foreigner you're deaf LOL they talk loud loud at your ear and very slow like if you're handicapp.  After a minute of conversation they realize they are looking like fools smile.gif.
I don't know much about the welfare system in the USA but I have seen that the wrong people use it. I think the purpose of it is to help real people with real temporal problems for A WHILE!. You know, when somebody lost a job, etc. But MOST of the people in welfare in the USA are black and hispanics with lots of children and non-working parents!.
I personally think like I said before that there is discrimination in the USA, which no matter what  it's wrong. What bothers me the most is that those like me who are hispanic, educated and with a different filosophy of life pay the consequences for those who are lazy, criminals, or who don't want to change their ways.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

9th May, 2003 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated? History & Civil Business Politics

Peoples, are we in the year 2003? Maybe we are still in 1956?

From ABC NEWS:

TONIGHT'S SUBJECT: "It's the way we've always done it." That's how the
tradition of a black prom and a white prom were explained in a small
Georgia town. But last year tradition was broken and there was an
integrated dance. This year, though, there will be two dances again. Why?

It's our fault. Things were fine until the media got involved. We hear
that a lot, and the Nightline team that went down to Georgia heard it
again. But what they found is pretty striking. Not just split proms. In
the high school yearbook, in the pages where kids are labeled "Most this"
or "Most that" there are always two couples, one white, one black.
Everything is split, and duplicated. Last year, and there was a lot of
media coverage then, the kids decided to hold just one dance and everyone
could come. This year, though, they decided to hold a white only prom,
that was last Friday, and tonight there will be another prom, to which
everyone is invited.

But what caught our attention was that this came after the dances were
combined last year. Why did the kids go back to the old way? And why has
this system of parallel black and white institutions continued? There is a
black principal. A white principal. Black cheerleaders. White
cheerleaders. In some ways it seems like a parody. But what our team heard
over and over again is that this is just the way we do it around here.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

20th May, 2003 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Discriminated Citizens USA Hispanic and Black Are

:spock: Even in Utah...

MINORITY OUTREACH: WHITES TAKING HEAT
She's the new white person on the block, and she knows some neighbors are
suspicious. Irene Fisher, from that big east-side neighborhood known as the
University of Utah, recently left campus to seek a new education on the opposite
side of town.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...34302%2C00.html

UTAH CLERK SHOWED BIAS, NAACP SAYS
The Salt Lake branch of the NAACP says  a West Jordan Wal-Mart clerk sold an
electronic game to a biracial boy last month only after questioning whether the
11-year-old had stolen the $100 bill he was using to make the purchase.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...34342%2C00.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

13th Aug, 2003 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

Discriminated Citizens USA Hispanic and Black Are

Okay, lets take this a little further to the immigrants. Should children of immigrants be greanted education if their parents are not in the US leagally?

RIGHTS OF IMMIGRANTS STRESSED TO SCHOOLS
When Esmeralda, 16, tried to start classes at Snow Canyon High School in St.
George this week, she was turned away.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...46611%2C00.html

Post Date: 13th Aug, 2003 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Interesting post.  First thought was to run.  Discrimination exists in the US - no matter who you are there will be someone to discriminate against you.  

Speaking of stereotypes - I live in a small southern town - I've never met a member of the KKK.  I've never even heard of them around here...and in a small town you'd hear.

I'm not sure I buy all of your definition of discrimination.  In his autobiography, Colin Powell, current US Secretary of State, talked about his army days.  He said in off hours he and family would get together with other black families and went on to say that common interests in music, food etc made these enjoyable events.  They weren't forced to do this - they wanted to.  In the US there is a right of association in the First Amendment which gives US citizens the right to choose their social circles.

Now, the business world is different and while there may be some who discriminate the greater majority go to great lengths not to discriminate - including mandatory diversity training and documented procedures up the wazoo.  My cynicism believes this is partly because they don't want a lawsuit.  And sometimes people fired for legitimate reasons will charge racial discrimination in order to profit.   It is pretty well known that Jesse Jackson uses the threat of racial lawsuit/boycotts to "shake down" major corporations for donations.

The reporter recently fired from the Wall Street Journal exemplifies problems with affirmative action.  In order to maintain quotas - minorities are sometimes hired by lesser standards.  This creates real resentment among those who work harder and don't get promotions or admitted to college because they are white. Is this resentment racism or recognition of a social wrong?

Ah, welfare, now there's a sore subject.  Eighty percent (80%) of US black births are to unwed mothers.  This means government handouts for mother and child.  The rate is growing for all races.  Sadly, these children generally are less prepared for school and fall behind most of their lives. This means more government spending and more taxes for the working class.  The government created this problem and people like me pay for it.  I lost my job - found a temporary job with no benefits.  I live without health coverage but I have to fork out part of my income to support those who choose to live off the labors of others.  This causes a lot of resentment among a lot of people.  Now it is the behavior that is resented but behavior is a choice.

My personal opinion is that the burgeoning single motherhood birthrate is the primary cause of economic disparity between people in the US today - not racism.  And all races will benefit from the restoration of the family unit.   How can anyone with an eighth grade education compete in the business world must less support a family.

The truth is that whatever "group" we belong to, race, religion, gender, political party, position on the environment ... whatever, we will be judged by those who came before us in that person's life and injustices will happen.

Education is a major key in overcoming that tendency but both sides need to come to the table because it's not a one-sided issue.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Aug, 2003 - 12:56am / Post ID: #

Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated - Page 5

[quote]Interesting post.  First thought was to run. [/quote]
Glad you didn't.

[quote]I've never met a member of the KKK.  I've never even heard of them around here...and in a small town you'd hear.  
[/quote]
You mean to say none that you know

[quote] I'm not sure I buy all of your definition of discrimination.[/quote]
Your is refering to who? ...and which definitions you disagree with?

[quote] The truth is that whatever "group" we belong to, race, religion, gender, political party, position on the environment ... whatever, we will be judged by those who came before us in that person's life and injustices will happen. [/quote]
Excellent point.

Post Date: 14th Aug, 2003 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated Politics Business Civil & History - Page 5

[quote]
You mean to say none that you know[/quote]

Not saying couldn't be members but if there had been any incidents it would have gotten around...

[Quote]Your is refering to who? ...and which definitions you disagree with?[/quote]

I don't remember...someone was saying people shouldn't socialize on the basis of race..

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,