Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated? - Page 9 of 14

dbackers, I do not like any of those things - Page 9 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 24th Sep, 2007 - 7:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 14 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (14) »
USA Are you a Black or Spanish USA Citizen? Do you feel discriminated? Is the US denying that there is a serious problem among their own?
Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated? Related Information to Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated?
Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2006 - 11:46am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated? - Page 9

LOS ANGELES FIRE CHIEF RETIRES AMID RACIAL, HAZING FLAPS

The city's fire chief announced his retirement Friday amid a racially charged furor involving a black firefighter who was served spaghetti mixed with dog food.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/01/firefight...g.ap/index.html

Sponsored Links:
2nd Dec, 2006 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

Discriminated Citizens USA Hispanic and Black Are

Based only on the article provided, I do not think the black firefighter was discriminated at all. I think his co-workers overdo it in the prank but I do not see racial-motivation at all unless something about his race was mentioned which the article does not provide. He was awarded 2.7 million dollars for eating spaghetti with dog food? Ridiculous. See, I am NOT justifying the prank but all that money is way too much knowing that he also did the following:

The council approved the settlement on advice of the city attorney before photos surfaced showing that Pierce himself engaged in crude firehouse hazing, smearing mustard and dumping water on colleague

Oh, it was okay to do pranks to other colleagues but it is not good that others do it to him? spock.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

2nd Dec, 2006 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated? History & Civil Business Politics

That's typical. It's okay when someone is engaging in that behavior against others - it's all in fun - but when it happens to them, it's racially motivated and therefore criminal. Absurd.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

11th Sep, 2007 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

Page 9 Discriminated Citizens USA Hispanic and Black Are

Are US citizens of African and "Hispanic" ethnicity discriminated against? No

There is no de jure (by law) discrimination but it does exist in certain quarters. There is no overt discrimination per se but the state of victimhood tends to be deeper in the African American urban community. Sadly, the system of race still matters in America and it is tied to benefit and priviledge.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 4 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.4%

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2007 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated?
A Friend

Discriminated Citizens USA Hispanic and Black Are

Rather, U.S. law PROTECTS members of all races from unjust discrimination.

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2007 - 3:13am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated?

FIREFIGHTER SETTLES LAWSUIT OVER DOG FOOD IN SPAGHETTI

The city will pay $1.43 million to settle claims by a black firefighter who said he suffered harassment and discrimination after co-workers served him spaghetti laced with dog food, officials announced Friday.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/22/firefight...t.ap/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Sep, 2007 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated - Page 9

Ok

Am I a racist?

I do not like Hip Hop, I do not like the Hip Hop culture. I do not like the objectification of women in Rap music and a glorification of violence. I do not like the fact the Fathers in the Black communities are neglecting their duties as a rule, not because they are black, but because of the culture that they live in.

I do not like the "black" leadership (such as Jessie Jackson) because they infact separate the races by saying someone who is black and conservative (or not liberal enough) is not black enough. They treat their own race as a monolithic group that cannot have a differing opinion then them.

Jackson to Obama: Not Black Enough
RODDIE A. BURRIS

Jackson sharply criticized presidential hopeful and Illinois Sen. Barack Obama for "acting like he's white"

Acting like he's white? Is that not a racist statement?

I do not believe I discriminate, but I do not agree with the current direction that the Civil right movement is heading. It seems that they supporting a culture that does not support the need of a father in the home. They do not support education, stating that if you know to much or talk with correct English then you are acting white.

Much of what I have said is interpreted as racist and not tolerant and interpreted as discrimination. Maybe this is why the media sometimes portrays America as discriminatory because of some people like me who do not choose to celebrate so called "Black" culture.

Reconcile Edited: dbackers on 24th Sep, 2007 - 6:33pm

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

24th Sep, 2007 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated Politics Business Civil & History - Page 9

dbackers, I do not like any of those things you mentioned either but I do not like it regardless of the race of people who listens to that type of music or behave in a certain way. What Jessie Jackson said (in my opinion) is idiotic and he should know better.

Much of what I have said is interpreted as racist and not tolerant and interpreted as discrimination. Maybe this is why the media sometimes portrays America as discriminatory because of some people like me who do not choose to celebrate so called "Black" culture.

I think the race issue in the US is such a sensitive topic that borders idiocy. Political correctness to the max. Having said that, I think there ARE instances and many (unfortunately) where we see racism/prejudice and intolerance towards other races/ethnicities in the US. I experienced that first hand and it wasn't nice. At the same time, I agree with you that just because you do not like the lifestyle of a certain culture does not make you a racist or a hater BUT you do tend (not you but generally speaking) to generalize and stereotype a whole ethnicity based on that. It is common but unfair for the small group that may NOT enjoy those things either but that they are caught in the middle with fingers pointing at them just because their skin color is related to a certain lifestyle.

As an example, when I lived in the US, I literally hated that people automatically assumed I did not speak English and they would speak Spanish to me without even trying to see if I speak English. Again, their experience shaped their mindset that "Most Hispanics do not speak English".

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: Are Black & Hispanic USA Citizens Discriminated?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,