Anti-Terrorism Security, a reason to raise prices?

Anti-terrorism Security Reason Raise Prices - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 13th Aug, 2003 - 7:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
4th Jan, 2003 - 8:52pm / Post ID: #

Everywhere you turn in the US and other 'high risk' countries you hear of an increase in prices to provide for security protection, but here are some things to consider;

1. Is is it just an excuse to raise prices?
2. Does security really cost a significant increase to the customer or is it that this should be a matter of fact that utilities have to be secured anyway?
3. Would you be willing to pay about 30% more of your bill if it meant your 'peace of mind'?
4. Remember, just because they charge you more does not mean that you actually more secure, but that you are paying for more workers, etc.

From CNN:

UTILITIES SEEK ANTITERRORISM FEES

A growing number of utility companies are asking states for permission to add
security fees to customers' bills to recover the cost of protecting themselves
against possible terrorist attack.

https://www.cnn.com/2003/US/01/03/utilities...m.ap/index.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
2nd Mar, 2003 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

prices raise reason Security Anti-Terrorism

smile.gif Good day sir, welcome to the airline counter

;D Good day

smile.gif Are you ready for your vacation?

;D Oh yes, thanks!

smile.gif Ok, please step to the right while we check you for radiation.

sad.gif Oh ok

[hr]

Now radiation checks among all the others, cocaine, drugs, illegal plants, etc.

Deseret News:

FEDS TO CHECK TRAVELERS FOR RADIATION
Federal inspectors are checking all travelers arriving in the United States for
radiation as part of an expanded effort to screen for terrorist activity, a
Customs official said Saturday.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...30449%2C00.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2003 - 12:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Anti-Terrorism Security, a reason to raise prices? History & Civil Business Politics

JB
Once again we see eye to eye.
I DON'T TRUST THOSE SUCKERS!!!
Besides, it doesn't work.
It works for El Al because they are so small.

The only real security measures are to hunt them down like dogs and execute them.

You do it relentlessly enough and many young Osama wannabes will say to themselves, "You know this stuff ain't all it's cracked up to be".

8th Mar, 2003 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

[quote]You do it relentlessly enough and many young Osama wannabes will say to themselves, "You know this stuff ain't all it's cracked up to be". [/quote]
Or it could be that the young men will say to themselves, these people bombed my father, killed my mother and brother adn one day I will come among them as a civilian and when they least expect it I will do the same. In fact this is what they say now.

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2003 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

JB, if that be the case, then you apply the theory of the Marine Corps.
In Viet Nam the Marines had a saying,
"Kill 'em ALL, let God sort 'em out".

End of problem.  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif

13th Aug, 2003 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

:spock: I am sure the US was in a bit of shock at an arrest in a sting operation involving a plot to smuggle surface-to-air missiles into the United States and sell it to terrorists. I am sure many are happy that is was found, but what about those that may not be found?

What do you feel? Do you feel safe from terrorism?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Aug, 2003 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Anti-Terrorism Security reason raise prices

[quote]What do you feel? Do you feel safe from terrorism?[/quote]

Ever since, 9/11, I don't think that I will ever really feel safe.   :'(  I also think that they should lock those people away for even trying to smuggle surface-to-air missiles into the United States and sell them to terrorists.  What is the world coming to?  If it's not something about terrorists using weapons, it's the fear in the air of terrorists using biological/chemical weapons against people too.  I don't think the world will ever really and truly feel safe to me again.   :'(

13th Aug, 2003 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

Anti-Terrorism Security reason raise prices Politics Business Civil & History

Did anyone look at the report about how the sting operation was conducted to make the arrest? It was really interesting and seemed to be something out of a James Bond movie. Here is also an interesting point once again from my 'friends' at ABCNews:

I have a friend who's into guns. He's very responsible, keeps them locked up, but he has a lot of them, including a version of the military M-16. But not just a regular M-16, it has a grenade launcher attached. This is the big tube under the regular barrel that you may have noticed many of the soldiers in Iraq carrying. Now why would a civilian need a grenade launcher? I used to joke that the only thing I could think of was that he would want to fire a couple of grenades into the woods to drive the deer into the open. But really, why?

Well, that's the least of the military weapons that are out there for sale. Heavy machine guns, missiles, tanks, aircraft. With the right connections and the right amount of money, you can buy just about anything. The U.S. is actually the biggest arms exporter in the world. Now we say we only deal with other countries, but the stuff can make its way into other hands once it's delivered. With the collapse of the economies, and the militaries, of the former Soviet bloc countries, soldiers were willing to sell just about anything in order to make a few bucks. Walk through a street market in Russia these days and you'll see all sorts of military equipment there for sale. You can only imagine what's for sale in the back rooms that you can't visit. There are millions of AK-47s in the world, that rifle whose shape is now instantly

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Anti-Terrorism Security, a reason to raise prices?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,