Man speaks after 19-year silence

Man Speaks 19-year Silence - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 15th Dec, 2003 - 9:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

8th Jul, 2003 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Man speaks after 19-year silence

Tuesday, July 8, 2003 Posted: 12:07 AM EDT (0407 GMT)

(CNN) -- Nearly 19 years after a wreck left a man paralyzed and unable to communicate, his power of speech has returned, the man's family said Monday.

Terry Wallis was 19 when the pickup truck in which he and two friends were driving near Stone County, Arkansas, drove through a rail and off a 25-foot bluff and tumbled to the ground. One man was killed; another emerged without a scratch; Wallis was paralyzed.

Doctors told his parents that he was in a coma, said his mother, Angilee.

Though his parents brought him home every other week, and continued to talk to him, they had no idea whether he understood them, she said....

https://www.cnn.com/2003/US/South/07/07/mut...more/index.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
15th Dec, 2003 - 9:16pm / Post ID: #

silence -year speaks Man

This is why I don't believe in "pulling the plug." You just never know. In fact, I remember reading about this guy who was in a coma for something like 18-20 years and he finally came out of it. It is very rare for something like this to happen, but still it does happen. When you pull the plug, you are acting like God. In my opinion of course. smile.gif

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

> TOPIC: Man speaks after 19-year silence

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,