Politics - Politics and Religion

Politics Politics Religion - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 20th Jun, 2003 - 5:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 19th Jun, 2003 - 8:27pm / Post ID: #

Politics -  Politics and Religion
A Friend

I am new here  (so please forgive me if this has been discussed or if it is inappropriate).

I would first like to say I really like this board  ;D

I am a 35 y/o female in Texas.... I have *some* conservative views. I also have my *own* opinions and am in the middle on several issues.

But I did vote for G.W. Bush for Governor and President.

Now, what I wanted to ask about.....

I participate on a BBS and it, like this one has a variety of topics.... and to be honest I would say the majority is VERY anti Republican.

I am a Christian and found a woman's BBS and it was more for edifying each-other and prayer... and also has an area for political and world issues.

I was amazed that some of the women did not care what Bush says or does... he has stated he is a Christian and they are behind him 100%.

See, here is what I mean about me being in the "middle" of the road.

Bush's proposal to cut out ALL free school lunches to children who are on welfare..... well IMO that does not seem very Godly to me  :o

Or the tax break for the middle/upper class, but not the lower class who NEED the money.

I go by a persons actions... and well, charity begins at home. Our children should not go hungry. That may be the ONLY meal they receive that day.

Do you think people are blinded because Bush does say he is a spiritual man (and by the way.... I do not  know his heart so I am not to judge him) but those two proposals do not seem very Christ like, IMO.

Do you think this will affect him next election?

I just thought I would post and see what your views are.

Thank You,
Sky

Sponsored Links:
19th Jun, 2003 - 9:22pm / Post ID: #

Religion Politics Politics

Sky, thanks for your contribution, I think you are a very mature poster. When I saw the title of your thread it first came to mind that we have the exact same thing in the religion and culture board posted by someone else, but I think you are going towards a different perspective, so I will leave it and see where it goes. If it lens more to religion then I will move it to that board.

However, to answer your question I think that you are right about taking care of home first. i often wonder about any country that claims to solve the problems of others but yet still cannot solve their own. I think Bush will lose a lot of points for that.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

19th Jun, 2003 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

Politics - Politics and Religion History & Civil Business Politics

Ski, wow excelent post I must say!!! I was thinking the same thing the other, in another thread I was arguing with a guy about the same thing, I was telling him that just because Bush says he's a Christian it doesn't make him one just because he says so :smile.gif I feel people (some Americans I must say) are very naive in thinking that Bush is a man of God just because he mention the word 'God' everytime he gives a speech. The few things you mentioned are some of the prove to me that he's like any other polititian who plays his cards based on interests. I don't know really why people see him 'different'.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 19th Jun, 2003 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

[quote]Sky, thanks for your contribution, I think you are a very mature poster.[/quote]
Thank you... I am 35 ..... "mature" sounds like the kiss of death though~LOL :-*

[quote] When I saw the title of your thread it first came to mind that we have the exact same thing in the religion and culture board posted by someone else, but I think you are going to-wards a different perspective, so I will leave it and see where it goes. If it lens more to religion then I will move it to that board. [/quote]

I just saw the thread you are referring to, and that was not my intention..... At all!

[quote]However, to answer your question I think that you are right about taking care of home first. i often wonder about any country that claims to solve the problems of others but yet still cannot solve their own. I think Bush will lose a lot of points for that.[/quote]

I think he will loose a lot because of that.

Honestly.... I think that the "younger" generation is tired of ALL stereotypes. I think that is why "independent" group is becoming more "popular".

The days of... Well my Granddaddy was republican, my daddy was a republican so I am republican..... are over.

People are looking at things for themselves. Not just taking things at face value!

Post Date: 19th Jun, 2003 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

[quote]Ski, wow excelent post I must say!!! I was thinking the same thing the other, in another thread I was arguing with a guy about the same thing, I was telling him that just because Bush says he's a Christian it doesn't make him one just because he says so :smile.gif I feel people (some Americans I must say) are very naive in thinking that Bush is a man of God just because he mention the word 'God' everytime he gives a speech. The few things you mentioned are some of the prove to me that he's like any other polititian who plays his cards based on interests. I don't know really why people see him 'different'.[/quote]

I do not understand it either.

The site I mentioned in my initial post..... I mentioned a Christian BBS. There was a post (months ago obviously) about banning the academy awards because they (the "stars") would bash the president.

They went on to say how Godly Bush was, so much more than his predecessor.

I mentioned that Clinton was often seen going to church.

How can anyone say who is more in touch with God than someone else..... we do not know their hearts.

I mentioned about the cutting of the lunches (and someone actually had the audacity to bring up the scripture about not working and going hungry!!!!!
These are kids! They are required to go to school!

I do believe that Saddam is a threat, but was Bush led by God?

I have seen so many people say God put Bush in office...... and what he made a mistake... or did not vote when Clinton was elected??

I want to believe Bush, and I do fell he has faith.... but not all his actions lead me to believe they are for God's benefit (or even for the US).

We all are human and make mistakes. I do not expect him to be perfect. I also know that there have been so many people "claim" to be faithful and prove other wise, so it makes me a bit cynical.

But some of the women on the site I went to (and even 2 of my very close friends) They just accept him and what ever he presents to congress and says it is the will of God.

It is like the Stepford wives or something.... walking zombies!

Please , do not get me wrong. I am not a Bush hater (or even a disliker~lol;P) But I believe in a person's actions more than their word.

So many of the things going on just do not make sense.

I want to have faith in the president. I try to not look at it judgmental......  but we are floundering here. So many children in need..... but we are spending billions to attack and "free" Iraq...... but our own children are chained to poverty.

I guess I might not do any better if I were in office.

But I do not understand why we do not help our own people first. If we are beaten down, how can we help anyone else?

[offtopic] I get a bit sarcastic in my writing..... please read snippy humor in my posts.. not hate or bashing smile.gif [/offtopic]

20th Jun, 2003 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

[quote] But some of the women on the site I went to (and even 2 of my very close friends) They just accept him and what ever he presents to congress and says it is the will of God. [/quote]
This sounds like a guy who used to come on here that says anyone that does not believe in Bush is from Satan! Yeah sounds funny, but he is serious about it. :smile.gif

[offtopic]Don't worry, we understand your humor wink.gif By the way, you should bring some of your friends here, maybe they have something as good to add as you have been doing?[/offtopic]

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Jun, 2003 - 2:58pm / Post ID: #

Politics Politics Religion

Sky, I understand exactly how you feel because I think the same way!. I'm not a Bush basher or anything like that but come on, let's face it, just because a person goes to Church doesn't make them more holy from someone who doesn't. Actions is what makes the difference in a life of a true Christian. There are so many murderers, rapists, thiefs, etc that they go to Church and they have a 'double' life but people see them as the 'perfect example' now, I'm not saying Bush is like that, what I'm saying is how many people really know him? Only his family and relatives and maybe some few friends, the rest just 'judge' based on newspapers and stuff...so because the guy goes to Church suddenly he's holier than anybody else? :smile.gif it doesn't make sense.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2003 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Politics Politics Religion Politics Business Civil & History

Thanks for your replies and comments. I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way.

Thank you for making me feel welcome here smile.gif

JB, about your off topic..... (not sure how to quote those yet, or if ya can~lol)
I would love for some of my friends to come here, and will mention it..... but the site I have attended for the past three years is an anxiety site and they tend to "stay there" and not venture out.  :(

Sadly, some of my long time friends ( I hate saying Real life) because some of the people you meet online become your real life friend, too) they do not get interested in Bulletin Boards (or the topics I bring up that I learn from them).

I know this is not the place to tell all...... but I am agoraphobic so I stay home a lot.... the computer is my social circle most of the time.

TMI, sorry

Anyway,

Thanks..... I enjoy it here smile.gif

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Politics - Politics and Religion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,