Mandatory Military Service?

Mandatory Military Service - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 11th Mar, 2003 - 2:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
30th Dec, 2003 - 10:21am / Post ID: #

Do you think that in today's current terrorist environment that mandatory military service is necessary?

From CNN:

RANGEL CALLS FOR MANDATORY MILITARY SERVICE

A Democratic lawmaker said Sunday he will introduce a bill in the next session of Congress to make military service mandatory.

https://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/12/29/...tary/index.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3217 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
30th Dec, 2003 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Service Military Mandatory

That's silly. Mandatory Military Service in the USA?. That's not a good thing, it will take the country backwards instead of forward, not to mention that americans will not be please at all. Remember they call themselves the land of freedom and knowing that the government will force them to do something like that against their will, will bring a lot of noise, watch and you'll see.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

8th Mar, 2003 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

Mandatory Military Service? History & Civil Business Politics

Looking at some of the idle youth we have today that choose to do nothing but sit on a street corner I can't help but wish there was some kind of military service to straighten them out. Also, it can be mandatory civilian service, not necessarily military. In this way they can learn to help the less fortunate.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3217 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2003 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Baloney!
Mandatory military service is a good thing.

It provides young men all over the country with a period of discipline, regimentation and learning they can get in few other places.

Most young men never get the luxury of college, and colleges provide little in the way of discipline.

I highly value my time in, as it helped me grow up, become responsible and mature far quicker than if I had been left to my own devices.

Post Date: 11th Mar, 2003 - 5:00am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mandatory military service is a good thing. I would be ready and willing to do it. I would be first in line if needed. Alot of the European countries like norway and finland, for example, have mandatory millitary service. That way all  person's within that country are able to mobelize to "answer the nations call".  I think true wars are raised from birth to be warriors. I was my father taught me alot. Even ran something of a bootcamp every summer.

Post Date: 11th Mar, 2003 - 10:34am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Hear, Hear!!
Now here is a man after my own heart!
JB, are you listening to this fellow?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Mar, 2003 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

Mandatory Military Service

I don't know JB but I'm listening to this fellow :smile.gif My country have mandatory military service for longgggg years and it was a complete crap! a failure! something that everybody knew it was WRONG! it didn't help NOBODY!, it didn't train NOBODY but to kill young men in a war when they didn't even know how to use a gun!!!!! So NOT all countries are ready for that, I know that it may have good things but living in a country that had it I know it's not as nice as you guys pictured it.
Do you know how the mandatory military service ended in Argentina? After the murder of a soldier in training, their own leaders (captains, etc) tortured him, killed him and covered the murder. Why they killed him? because the guy was a QUIET fellow who used to like read the Bible in his spear time. sad.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 11th Mar, 2003 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mandatory Military Service Politics Business Civil & History

LDS,
With all due respect,
Were you in that military?
If not, then you are in no position to judge whether or not it was of benefit to those who participated in it.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Mandatory Military Service?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,