Man arrested for 'peace' T-shirt

Man Arrested ' Peace' T-shirt - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Mar, 2003 - 11:44am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

5th Mar, 2003 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- A lawyer was arrested late Monday and charged with trespassing at a public mall in the state of New York after refusing  to take off a T-shirt advocating peace that he had just purchased at the
mall.
According to the criminal complaint filed Monday, Stephen Downs was wearing a T-shirt bearing the words "Give Peace A Chance" that he had just purchased from a vendor inside the Crossgates Mall in Guilderland, New York, near Albany.
He could face up to a year in prison if convicted.

https://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast/03/04...reut/index.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Mar, 2003 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

T-shirt peace arrested Man

CONVICTED OF WHAT?
LDS, now here is where you and I converge on opinions of Pres. Bush.
The boy scares me. He is abrogating too many civil rights in his pursuit of his goal.
Military tribunals for American citizens. I DON'T THINK SO!!

Here is where you may well get to see American constitutional process in action.

If he gets too crazy with all this, he will be history. We Americans simply will now allow anybody messing with our freedom to be complete jerks.

8th Mar, 2003 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

Man arrested for 'peace' T-shirt History & Civil Business Politics

Did you read the whole article? Click on it and read it. I could not believe it!.

[quote]If he gets too crazy with all this, he will be history. We Americans simply will now allow anybody messing with our freedom to be complete jerks. [/quote]

So if Bush is  continually doing things like that, what americans are going to do and how?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2003 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Choices are:
a- not re-elect him
b- impeach him
c- assassinate him

And believe me, Americans that get ticked off are capable of "all of the above".

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2003 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What is this country coming to? We now take away the right to free speech. I'm sorry to those who think this is necessary for any reason. I think that the case should be laughed right out of court. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2003 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Vale,
I'm with you.
I think the District Attorney who even brought such a case ought to be disbarred.
He or she is obviously incompetant.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Mar, 2003 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

Man arrested 'peace' T-shirt

Yes, I agree with you both, lucky enough, the guy of the t-shirt is a lawyer himself ;D I'm sure he will do something smart! smile.gif

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2003 - 11:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Man arrested 'peace' T-shirt Politics Business Civil & History

GOOD!!
If he's any good, he has just ended the political ambitions of one idiotic District Attorney!!!  ;D  ;D

> TOPIC: Man arrested for 'peace' T-shirt

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,