Ocean Survival

Ocean Survival - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 31st Dec, 2004 - 4:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Water, water, water everywhere!
11th Nov, 2003 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

Ocean Survival

Ocean Survival

This thread has been setup so members can discuss...

Trapped at sea is probably the worst place for survival.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
26th Nov, 2003 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #

Survival Ocean

Are you talking about a lifeboat after the cruise ship sinks? Or a floatation cushion from the airliner? I think the best you could do is pray for deliverance! Almost any other ocean-going vessel would have some sort of supplies (and a radio) so you could survive for at least a while longer, depending on your shipmates.

Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 31st Dec, 2004 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Ocean Survival
A Friend

Ocean Survival History & Civil Business Politics

there is nothing out on the ocean but fish. I guess the best ting to do is float on ur back and hope u run into something.

31st Dec, 2004 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Survival Ocean

ONe of the most important things to remember is DON'T drink the sea water. If you do, you are a goner. It will make you "mad." You will get dehydrated that much faster and start imagining things and stuff.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2004 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Ocean Survival
A Friend

Survival Ocean

To pray for rescue seems the only thing to do if you don't have a radio with you. And tenaheff is right, salt water makes you dehydrated much faster, because your kidneys will require much more water than what you've drunk to take all that salt away from your body.

Post Date: 28th Dec, 2004 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Ocean Survival

EDITORIAL: LESSONS FROM A TSUNAMI

The tragic truth about the killer waves that struck southern Asia over the weekend is that they needn't have killed so many people. Tens of thousands died in places separated by more than 1,000 miles, yet many were only a couple of miles away from safety.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...00684%2C00.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st Dec, 2004 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

Ocean Survival

I think the Tsunami is one of the most incredible things in nature. It moves in the speed of an airplane, and looks like a solid wall blocking the horizon. Still, I would not like to be close enough to witness a Tsunami, since I will probably not survive. It has killed so far more than 118,000 people!

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

31st Dec, 2004 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

Ocean Survival Politics Business Civil & History

This may seem like a BASIC survival skill or should I say instinct - Don't stand up and look at a wall of water coming your way! You may think that is funny, but that is how a lot of people died in recent incidents - they just stood up and watched!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Ocean Survival

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,