Who And What Should Post Here!

Who Post Here! - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 24th Nov, 2009 - 1:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Not for new members, this section goes into research mostly.
5th Apr, 2004 - 3:21am / Post ID: #

Read Me First

FIRSTLY, we Discuss the Doctrine quite openly here. No, we are not apostates, we are just digging for more enlightenment. Yes, we love the Church, Joseph Smith restored the Gospel, etc. Knowing all of this caused us to want to find more of the mysteries, BUT in the end you have to find them for yourself.

Nothing here should be reproduced and posted or Discussed elsewhere. You are viewing this PRIVATE section in the hope that you keep it PRIVATE.

DO NOT use this Board if you are highly sensitive or cannot Discuss Doctrinal issues without becoming insulting. If you are wavering in faith then this is NOT the Board for you.

I reserve the right to withdraw permission to access this Board from anyone who does not understand that we are all equals here and all learning, no need for the "I am better than you or more righteous than you attitude".

I have thought about opening this kind of board for a very long time, but delayed and delayed... Finally I took the decision and will be adding topics soon. Basically this board is to cover discussion of things too personal, intimate or mature for younger eyes - both young in the Gospel and age. I thought about using the mature board, but then again, I did not want a non-members point of view here. The idea here is to be sensitive just as in the mature board, but doctrinal, just as in the Deep Doctrine board, so basically it is a merge of the two 'worlds'.

If you find a thread that is too controversial for the LDS Deep Doctrine board then let me know and I will add it here as well. Thanks.

I could not say it better myself!

international QUOTE
"Let us not become so intense in our zeal to do good by winning arguments or by our pure intention in disputing doctrine that we go beyond good sense and manners, thereby promoting contention, or say and do imprudent things, invoke cynicism, or ridicule with flippancy. In this manner, our good motives become so misdirected that we lose friends and, even more serious, we come under the influence of the devil. I recently heard in a special place, "Your criticism may be worse than the conduct you are trying to correct."

-- Ensign, November 1987, P35, James E. Faust

Sponsored Links:
6th Apr, 2004 - 1:05pm / Post ID: #

Here Post What Who

How are you enforcing these rules? IOW, how do you keep "younger" participants out?

6th Apr, 2004 - 1:22pm / Post ID: #

Who And What Should Post Here! Studies Doctrine Mormon

This board can only be seen by users that have adult status or a mod like you. Regular members do not even know this board exists, hence you never see regular members posting in the mature section or this new one for that matter.

As with the LDS Deep Doctrine Board you need to give the relevant sources for your input, but since this is the Mature section you are not limited to purely LDS sanctioned material.

30th Jul, 2004 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

Here Post What Who

I have just updated the permission settings for this board so that only Adult + LDS members can enter instead of just adult alone. I believe I changed the 'regulars' member settings, but if I forget anyone please let me know via Email. Thanks.

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2008 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Here Post What Who

No, we are not apostates, we are just digging for more enlightenment.
laugh.gif, many a conversation has been started or ended with comments like this.

Being in the mature forum, can we discuss things such as the temple endowment. There are some very interesting changes that have been made to the endowment ceremony which have resulted in people "Not getting it". The purpose of the endowment was to "be endowed with Power from on High", few leave the ordinance feeling endowed with Power. I would like to be able to discuss these and other topics which will exalt humanity and explain how and when men & women gain the priesthood and the sealing power, become Gods, other concepts taught via the symbols and ordinances of the temple.

I would like to be able to discuss these various topics while referring to the specific wording or actions as contained in the temple. Understanding that some feel this type of discussion is always in appropriate and as a guest on your board, I will submit to your desires while on your site. Is this type of reference and discussion permitted in the LDS Mature Forum?

8th Sep, 2008 - 4:24am / Post ID: #

Look through the pages here, you will find many Topics about the Endowment. I ask that you read through Threads first, to see what has already been Discussed so there is no repeating or confusion. Also, I'm not too sure that the posting of the Endowment ceremony word for word is appropriate. We have Discussed the changes to many of the ceremonies already within this Board, check to see what we have first.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Apr, 2009 - 1:58am / Post ID: #

Who What Post Here!

Activity

I am going to be introducing a script soon that will check your participation in this Board in order to let you read. The idea behind this section is participation. Reading sensitive info and then leaving really des not benefit the Board, actually there is no point to it, a lot of the Threads here are thoughts I may as well just keep to myself if no one is going to participate.

24th Nov, 2009 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

Who What Post Here! Mormon Doctrine Studies

You Can Lose LDS Mature Status

To help keep the LDS Mature Section secure we have implemented an activity feature that monitors participation. Basically if you do not utilize the Mature LDS Board then access to there will be REMOVED from your account regardless to your having made a donation. You can re-apply by contacting Admin but you will have to show - You are interested in keeping LDS Mature Status by being active, this mean you will be required to make several Posts in the Public LDS Board BEFORE contacting Admin. Once LDS Mature Status is giving you will necessarily be required to Post within the LDS Mature Board or your status will be removed and may not be renewed. Yes, we are serious about this, please act accordingly.

> TOPIC: Who And What Should Post Here!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,