Color or Black & White Photography - Page 3 of 4

My digital has the option of black & white - Page 3 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 29th Dec, 2009 - 9:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
They say a picture tells a story of a 1000 words, but is that a B/W or color picture?
1st Oct, 2006 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

Color or Black & White Photography - Page 3

Your mention of digital photography brings up a good point. Since there are many graphic editing tools out there that can make a colored photograph B&W, one has to wonder (using what you mentioned above), if taking a colored photo limits a B&W perspective or is it that any good colored photo would also look nice in B&W?

Sponsored Links:
1st Oct, 2006 - 3:21am / Post ID: #

Photography White and Black Color

In my opinion, with color photos I tend to be caught up more in the vividness and sharpness of the colors rather than the composition. In B&W, the clarity of the composition is brought to the forefront. Eaglehawk, I like how you stated it: that color is "hot" and B&W is "cold" emotionally. Interesting to think of that way.

1st Oct, 2006 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

Color or Black & White Photography Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I hadn't really thought of which one was better, until quite recently.
My 2 children that we adopted, didn't have any pictures of them when they were babies, until a couple of weeks ago, and a member of their birth family sent us 1 colour picture, that let's say wasn't of that good a quality. We took it to a professional photographers to see if they could do anything with it. The photographer said that he could do quite a lot with it by reproducing a black and white photo of it.

I was a little bit disappointed, because I thought it would look old fashioned, but wow! the end product was stunning!

The clarity of it has improved ten fold, and I've now changed my mind, black and white definitely holds the edge over color for me.

2nd Oct, 2006 - 8:22pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Photography White and Black Color

international QUOTE (JB@Trinidad)
Your mention of digital photography brings up a good point. Since there are many graphic editing tools out there that can make a colored photograph B&W, one has to wonder (Using what you mentioned above), if taking a colored photo limits a B&W perspective or is it that any good colored photo would also look nice in B&W?

I think Portraits can be taken in color, but look the way they are supposed to in B&W. Same for many Macro Photography subjects. For anything else, I compose my scenes differently if I'm after B&W, Because the with six zones of grey to work with, different areas in the scene will hold the greatest interest for me. There are also some monotone color scenes that could be interesting in B&W, but not color, such as sagebrush greenish-grey next to a dark grey rock outcropping. This is just my thoughts, of course.

8th Sep, 2007 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Photography White and Black Color

When I look at a b / w photo I think this is old. When I look at color I think this is new, so color wins for me.

Post Date: 29th Dec, 2009 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

Color or Black & White Photography
A Friend

In my novice opinnion I find that colour tends to distract from the focus or focal point. I prefer shades and the contrast of black and white, or limited colour shots (dark or light). I always have better luck in black and white. biggrin.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Dec, 2009 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #

Color Black & White Photography - Page 3

Only professionals use black and white photography, I don't even think they have a setting for that on the digital cameras they make. I prefer color.

Post Date: 29th Dec, 2009 - 9:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Color Black & White Photography Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 3

My digital has the option of black & white or septia, but its a cheap digital camera (under $400)

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Color or Black & White Photography

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,