Color or Black & White Photography - Page 2 of 4

Black & White is definitely harder to - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 1st Oct, 2006 - 12:21am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
They say a picture tells a story of a 1000 words, but is that a B/W or color picture?
19th Feb, 2004 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

Color or Black & White Photography - Page 2

I have found that both the use of color and B&W can have a very unique impact, in some cases it may cause you to look at the photo longer (most cases it is a graphic) to see why the 'author' tried to make you look at one specific colored part of the image.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Apr, 2004 - 6:46am / Post ID: #

Color or Black & White Photography
A Friend

Photography White and Black Color

I like them both! It all depends to me on the look you would like to achieve and the ambiance you would like to have coming from a photo. I do find that a lot of the nicest modeling photos are in black and white. But if you want to showcase cosmetics...you got a nice sharp image in color...it's gorgeous!

Post Date: 29th Apr, 2004 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Color or Black & White Photography Sports & Fashion Music Movies

user posted image

I have thousand's of pictures of my daughter, and I must say, that some of my longstanding favorites have all been B&W. I think they just say a bit more, not sure what, (that's why I'm just a model mom)

Nina (Janelle's Mom)

Post Date: 15th May, 2004 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Photography White and Black Color

I think that if a colour picture can tell a thousand words then a B&W can speak double that amount. It just has this look that says, I don't know, elegance and soophistication, you know. Putting the two same pictures together but one in colour and one in B&W you will get more modern class from the colour but you will see something of innocence (for lack of a better word) from the B&W

Post Date: 7th Oct, 2005 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Photography White and Black Color

I don't think there has to be a choice between black and white or color photography-- both types of photography serve a purpose, and speaks volumes, just in different languages.

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2005 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I love them both when used in a correct way. To me, black and white pictures always paint a more simplistic feeling and give me this wonderful imagery. It causes me to not focus so much on the vibrance of color, but the natural beauty of what is being captured on film.

Color pictures can also set the mood of a picture, be it calm, exciting, etc. Sunsets and sunrise pictures are so amazing in color because no two sunsets are the same. Colored pictures really pull that out.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Mar, 2006 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Color Black & White Photography - Page 2

I personally perfer to work in color. Color's are so vibrant and beautiful. But on the other hand. Black and White captures emotion better. It's like freeing a moment in time.

1st Oct, 2006 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

Color Black & White Photography Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 2

Black & White is definitely harder to do correctly than color photography. In color photography, the colors can make the photograph. In B&W, everything has to be right on, including a knowledge of exposure zones and exactly where to take the exposure for the effect wanted. Digital has made this a lot easier, of course, but understanding why things are good always help.

Colors bring out an emotional response. B&W a more cerebral. Things are noticed more, so the photo has to be more precise and the shot set up more carefully. As Marshall McLuhann would have said, Color is a Hot medium. B&W is Cold.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Color or Black & White Photography

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,