Should I move to Trinidad or Jamaica? - Page 2 of 2

Name: Nadia Country: Title: Trinidad and Tobago - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 20th Oct, 2012 - 1:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2011 - 12:53pm / Post ID: #

Should I move to Trinidad or Jamaica? - Page 2

Name: Michael

Comments: From what I hear Trinidad is better than Jamaica, also Trinidad is more of a melting pot than Jamaica, Jamaica relies on fishing and tourism where Trinidad is an oil producer on top of fishing and tourism, I read about all this and I also hear Jamaica has one of the worlds highest crime rates and Trinidad's crime rate is lower, but I have never been to any of the two islands, I'm a Californian.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar - no net talk or slang, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th May, 2011 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

Jamaica Trinidad move Should

Name: Yaka

Comments: Not just Jamaican... The West Indian overall. I'm from Trinidad and it is no better than Jamaica and racism is really high!

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar - no net talk or slang, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2011 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

Should I move to Trinidad or Jamaica? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Alexeg

Title: Jamaica

Comments: What is this really? how many of you people have actually been to Jamaica? You talk about the oil that Trinidad has... Will they have it in 10 years? You talk about Jamaicans being violent... how many Jamaicans do you know? Did you know the current PM of Trinidad was a teacher in Jamaica? I laugh at all of you.

Post Date: 11th Oct, 2011 - 10:13pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Jamaica Trinidad move Should

Name: Jackie

Title: Jamaica or Trinidad

Comments: Adam, as a Jamaican living in the U.S, I must say that I found most of the comments rather offensive. Jamaica does have a high crime rate, but criminals in Jamaica are as they are in most places- the exception not the rule. I'm not sure who these Jamaicans are that our Canadian friend knows but he's moving with the wrong crowd or perhaps he's simply prejudiced?
Jamaica is similar to other places, the U.S included, in that the poorer the area, the greater the crime rate.
Jamaicans as a people are proud, education oriented, and friendly. Where you choose to live is clearly your choice but I would suggest that you start with an open mind. There are places in the U.S I wouldn't be caught dead in. Do your research and make an informed decision based on facts, not the ignorance of others.

Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2011 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

Jamaica Trinidad move Should

Name: Tashaya

Title: Living in Jamaica

Comments: Wow! I cant believe all [of you are] saying about Jamaica [and] Jamaicans. I been living here all my life, yes we have violence here but is not that that bad,where in the world is violence free, Jamaica is a very nice place to live, I walk and drive anytime of night here, I live in Kingston an I don't fear to be here, I don't trouble anybody so I know I'm safe and you can check the status here the crime rate has fallen way down since last year. [Urban] and rural, city or country is great to be here in 'Jamdown'.

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2012 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

Should I move to Trinidad or Jamaica?

Name: M

Comments: To be honest Trinidad is as bad as Jamaica. I have a fiance and many friends who have been robbed in Trinidad. They are all born there and do not intend on going back, they are all from different areas. Now crime rate is going up everywhere so if your settling in a country based on the crime rate, you might as well live in space. I plan on moving, my fiance says Jamaica and I say Trinidad. My thoughts are not based on crime but based on getting to know his family. I've been to Jamaica 5 times I've also been to Barbados, I would pick Jamaica over Barbados any day. The people in Jamaica have always been helpful and kind. If your wife has prejudices about Jamaica then maybe its best you stay away from there and find a totally different country to go to. Hope [..] she doesn't live to regret those prejudices, after all there are other countries worse than Jamaica. They are just not in the media light! If your still unsure, why not stay in both countries for 6 months to get a feel for your self.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Aug, 2012 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

Should move Trinidad Jamaica - Page 2

Name: Mak

Comments: As a Trini you should probably ask how many of the Trinis giving you advice have ever stayed in Jamaica. [Jamaican] people are way too busy hustling to bother with you. In Trinidad the robbery is different. We're a great place to live if you have a foundation and understand the culture. If I were you I'd pick [Jamaican]. Westmoorings is where most white people live. That does not make it safe.

Post Date: 20th Oct, 2012 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

Should move Trinidad Jamaica Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

Name: Nadia

Title: Trinidad and Tobago

Comments: Hey I was now online researching what I can do to get out of Trinidad.I was born and raised in Trinidad for my whole life, and I live in the expensive area Westmoorings. Honestly I wish I did not have to say this but if you do not have to come to this country do not, Westmoorings and no where in Trinidad is safe anymore, horrible crimes are committed every where here, the West (nice area) is the biggest target area. For the sake of my 3 year old daughter I wish I could leave. You have heard this from the horse's mouth.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Should I move to Trinidad or Jamaica?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,