Ria Ramkissoon

Ria Ramkissoon - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 27th Nov, 2009 - 11:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Trini mother who starved his toddler son to death
14th Aug, 2008 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

Ria Ramkissoon

I cannot believe the grandmother would say that this woman couldn't do anything about it. Come on! We are speaking about her own little baby! Poor kid. I hope she is put to death for what she has done!

international QUOTE
BALTIMORE-A 21-year-old Trinidadian woman was denied bail yesterday when she appeared in a Baltimore court charged with starving her "demon" son to death.

Standing in court with her hands shackled behind her back, Ria Ramkissoon wore a purple jumpsuit, rocked nervously side to side and shook her head slightly when Judge Theodore B Oshrine read the charges.

She and four other members of a religious cult, One Mind Ministries, are accused of abusing and neglecting Ramkissoon's 21-month-old son, Javon Thompson.

In arguing for the judge to give Ramkissoon bail, her attorney Steven D Silverman said the woman was being controlled by adults during the period when her son died.

But Judge Oshrine, citing the "very serious allegations" and noting that Ramkissoon might attempt to flee to Trinidad, decided against granting her bail.

The group's leader, Queen Antoinette, 40, as well as Trevia Williams, 21, Marcus Cobbs, 21, and Steven Bynum, 42, all face charges in Thompson's death. Authorities are still seeking Bynum..

Sponsored Links:
31st Mar, 2009 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

Ramkissoon Ria

She is going to spend VERY little time in jail for the horrendous thing she has done. Imagine, she still thinking her son will resurrect. I cannot believe she is going to have a suspended sentence! I just cannot imagine what this little boy went through, imagine....a toddler, starved to death because he refused to say "Amen" after a meal. This woman needs to be put to DEATH along with the participants of this TERRIBLE MURDER! angry.gif

BALTIMORE -  Prosecutors agreed to some unusual terms to win a guilty plea from a former religious cult member charged with starving her 1-year-old son to death: If the child is resurrected, her plea will be withdrawn.

Ria Ramkissoon, 22, also agreed Monday to testify against four other members of the now-defunct religious group known as 1 Mind Ministries. All four are charged with first-degree murder in the death of Javon Thompson, whose body was kept in a suitcase packed with mothballs and fabric softener sheets long after he died.

Ramkissoon's lawyer said the resurrection clause Ramkissoon insisted on shows that she is still "brainwashed" and needs the psychological treatment that is planned as part of her sentencing.

According to a statement of facts, the cult members stopped feeding the boy when he refused to say "Amen" after a meal. After Javon died, Ramkissoon sat next to his decomposing body and prayed for his resurrection.

Ramkissoon's attorney, Steven D. Silverman, said Ramkissoon believes the resurrection will occur. She agreed to plead guilty only after prosecutors said they would drop the charges if the child comes back to life, Silverman said.

"This is something that she absolutely insisted upon, and this is indicative of the fact that she is still brainwashed, still a victim of this cult," he said. "Until she's deprogrammed, she's not going to think any differently."

Baltimore Circuit Judge Timothy J. Doory assured Ramkissoon that the plea would indeed be withdrawn if the child is resurrected.

Ramkissoon pleaded guilty to one count of child abuse resulting in death. She will remain in custody until she testifies against her co-defendants and will receive a suspended 20-year sentence and serve five years probation. Sentencing was scheduled for Aug. 11. By then, Ramkissoon would have spent about a year behind bars.

As part of her probation, Ramkissoon must submit to treatment, including sessions with an expert on cult behavior.

The maximum sentence for child abuse resulting in death is 30 years, and defendants typically receive between 12 and 20 years, according to Maryland sentencing guidelines....

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2009 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

Ria Ramkissoon Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Ricky

Comments: Ria did not kill her son. Before [you] Yankees start blogging crap about someone you don't know get your facts. She was locked in a room when her son was beaten and killed by Antoinette... She loved her son. And she is helping the government put these murderers behind bars. She is serving time for child neglect for joining the cult. I am her brother and I agree joining that crazy cult was crazy and she is being punished for that. She did not get away for murder cause she did not murder she was held against her will for months. So please get your facts right. You people talk about a baby you all don't know. That was my nephew and you spoiled people don't know what life was to us so get ya facts right. Everyone talking about my sister. What about the people that handled the body and beat my little angel nephew. And locked my sister in a room.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Check your spelling. Please keep your messages free from extra characters that are not alpha / numeric (numeric should be for stats) while using good grammar. You will notice most Posts here are written without the use of 'chopped words', excessive smilies, slang, dialect(s) or Teeny Bopper scribbles. As an example "2" should not be substituted for "to" or "u" for "you". See Constructive Posting Policy.

27th Nov, 2009 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

Ramkissoon Ria

Ricky, I don't know what Yankees are you referring to. I am certainly NOT one and I live right here in Trinidad.

Why do you say the members of this sect beat your nephew to death while the reports of ALL the media say your sister starved the child to death? It is reported your sister ALLOWED the members of this sect to beat him for not saying "Amen" but starving someone to death doesn't occur in a day. I don't believe for a second that she was held against her will for months. Maybe that's what you want to believe as his brother. The reports state otherwise.

Let's get the facts straight, shall we? Nobody is charged with first and second-degree murder, child abuse, assault, reckless endangerment and conspiracy for joining a cult, that's ridiculous. What you're saying makes no sense whatsoever. She was charged with child neglect because she allowed your nephew (her son) to be deprived of food and water and that ultimately caused the death of the child. Torturing her own child to death, seeing her kid begging for food, crying and denying him what was need to survive. Can you understand that or is it that you are so blind in defending your sister that you cannot see the reality?

She is NOT being punished for joining a cult, she is being punished because she (along with the members of that cult) KILLED your nephew. Your sister saw her own son day after day crying and suffering, his body transforming and being beaten repeatably and dying in the most horrible manner. I feel NO SYMPATHY for your sister whatsoever. Her sentence should be DEATH.

If there is ONE victim here, the ONLY victim..that's your nephew, NOT your sister. Your poor nephew went through hell in the hands of those who were supposed to love him and take care of him.

> TOPIC: Ria Ramkissoon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,