Oliron Introduction - Page 3 of 20

User Oliron, you will find that most Topics - Page 3 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 1st Dec, 2009 - 6:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (20) »

Architect's Award 2010
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2009 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #

Member Author
[?] CPosts: 1,114
Flag Posts: 3,474
Avg: 0.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 17.1%
[+] Gain: 218.76 FP
Charm: 43

Oliron Introduction - Page 3

The way this is set up in the thread makes it look like I may have made a racist statement. I just would like to state that my comment that was removed was not a racist one.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Pagan | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 28th Nov, 2009 - 3:24pm
Signature:
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2009 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

Introduction Oliron

Honey, you got to leave your teeny bopper ways behind, or Persephone will become your good friend and when she gets tired MrSmith comes but that friendship doesn't last long.

Post Date: 1st Dec, 2009 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

Member Author

Oliron Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Umm I'm not sure exactly what your trying to say there, but isn't name calling one of the no no's? Also I kind of feel like I was just threatened.

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Pagan | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 28th Nov, 2009 - 3:24pm
Signature:
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2009 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 544
Flag Posts: 1,325
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 5.4%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 58

Page 3 Introduction Oliron

Oliron, man, please relax a little, just take a step back for a second. I have never seen this yellow "attitude" post before and I don't know exactly what that meant either, but my guess is that it is supposed to be a friendly but firm indication to let some things roll off your back and not worry so much or rabblerouse, because there isn't any need for it. I don't know I'd say it was a "threat", but they do maintain a site of thoughtful, well-spoken posters without it being flooded by the typical debris you find in a lot of places on the net, so I'd think of it as more of a gentle hint.

There is no obvious assumption that your deleted post about race was racIST, so set that aside for now. The phrase "teeny bopper", maybe a little strange, is just essentially saying "don't use weblish/chatspeak/emoticons and smileys, mindsets, etc" - it is a very intellectual and adult-professional forum - it doesn't mean you have to BE one to be here, just that you try to maintain a respectable and respectful bearing and style and be willing to learn and understand and take criticism and such constructively, not see it as punishment or interference.

How to respond to all of this is entirely up to you, and if you aren't concerned about remaining here, then I guess it isn't a big deal, though I'd be sorry to see a RP player go and your other later posts, but if you would like to stick around, just tone it down a notch and taking things personally and read through the different stickied threads and topics and FAQs - this is one of the few places on the net where you actually CAN find the answers to your bafflement about how things work here.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 12th Dec, 2006 - 5:51pm
Signature: "...into thine arms I now shall creep, and learn they wisdom while I sleep. Amen."
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2009 - 3:26pm / Post ID: #

Oliron Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Oliron

Do not feel bad Oliron I was visited a few times by attitude and Persephone both. I was a little off the beaten path upon first joining and as time goes on I am sure you will get more in tune with everything that happens here and fit right in. I am sure you will be a productive part of the forum.

Post Date: 1st Dec, 2009 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

Member Author

Oliron Introduction

JPatt your entirely correct. Once I went for a walk to run some errands and thought about it, it was rude of me to respond like that.
This is part of the reason I don't want to be booted from this place.
I'm trying to be more aware of the way I respond to people and definitely I need to be more diplomatic.
Hopefully I learn to temper my responses before it is to late, if it isn't already.
Regrettably I feel I've been labeled a "teeny bopper" when actually I'm almost a middle aged man with bills, work, a child and such. I think I've been misunderstood in that, I'm very comfortable using those smiley faces and abbreviations. I guess it's an old habit from chatting on those other channels with people who probably were teeny boppers.
I must work even harder now to show my sincerity which also is troubling me.
Maybe a good tactic would be to allow myself 5 or 10 minutes to meditate on exactly what I'm trying to convey before I post.
Also thank you KNtoran. It means a lot to have someone rooting you on.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 1st Dec, 2009 - 3:48pm

Blog Read My Blog
Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2009 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 544
Flag Posts: 1,325
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 5.4%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 58

Oliron Introduction - Page 3

Well, glad things maybe cleared up a little for you.

I think this board lowering its minimum age to 14, or at least a response about that, is a good example.

Sure there ARE 14 year old "teenyboppers", plenty of them no doubt, that would just run roughshod over things here without vigilant watch and enforcement, but that doesn't mean ALL of them are - it doesn't mean there are not 14 year olds that can't think and communicate maturely, just that it isn't something that, taken on the whole in life and especially on the internet, is not something you happen across all that much. I think the same for the "teenybopper" phrase - sure, there ARE actual irritating "teenyboppers" just like the admittedly unwelcome image the phrase conjures, but that doesn't mean there aren't adults who tend to be used to using that style of internet communication, just that they aren't super common.

But as you say, it was, and I guess still is for some adults new to the internet, sort of the casual de-facto mode of interaction with people on the net, and just something you take for granted most places because there really isn't usually a whole lot of regulation of behavior on sites, past not flaming and trolling and such, so it's a bit like wearing your sweatshirt and blue jeans to all the malls and restaurants most of your life without trouble, but then you try to go into the new gourmet cuisine establishment and they look at you like you're acting like you just got back from the moon - you're just unprepared momentarily. Like KNtoran indicated, apparently people tend to take their own particular time and pace to get used to things, so no harm no foul anywhere, just glad to see you around. =) Oops, I noticed I do the smiley now and then. I try not to, as I'm proud to have independently broken myself of most emoticons and smilies and chatspeak years back just from my own preference, but I guess we carry around "souvenirs" with us sometimes.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 12th Dec, 2006 - 5:51pm
Signature: "...into thine arms I now shall creep, and learn they wisdom while I sleep. Amen."
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2009 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

Oliron Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 3

User Oliron, you will find that most Topics are already being Discussed in this Community. Your misspelled Topic (Immagration) that was placed in the wrong Board (Computers) is being Discussed HERE, please conduct a Search of the Community first before starting new Topics. If you are unsure of a Topic / Subject existence then do inquire in your Intro Thread.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (20) »

> TOPIC: Oliron Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,