Are you Lactose Intolerant?

Are Lactose Intolerant - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 17th Jan, 2007 - 2:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
29th Apr, 2003 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

Are you lactose intolerant?

If you are, it may be a good thing since staying away from milk products actually saves your body from mucus. Think about it, do cows drink milk?

Sponsored Links:
29th Apr, 2003 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

Intolerant Lactose Are

No they don't...does it mean they're healthy? lol

I don't like milk but I do like cheese and eggs...I am not lactose intolerant but if I drink pure milk I tend to vomit it..don't know why.

Post Date: 30th May, 2003 - 6:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Are you Lactose Intolerant? Health & Special Psychology

Think about it, do cows drink milk?

Yes, actually baby cows drink their mother's milk, so like how could milk be good for the baby cows, and then you say when they turn into adults its bad for them.

Message Edited!
Persephone: Corrected your quote tag, you put the close quote but not the beginning.

30th May, 2003 - 6:37am / Post ID: #

Intolerant Lactose Are

Yes actually baby cows...

They are not cows (refering to adult), they are calves... thus my question refers to the adult cow.

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2003 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Intolerant Lactose Are

Well, after watching cows grazing in my landlord's fields, (that are all over the neighborhood) I must say that I haven't seen any adult cows trying to hit up the mom cow for some milk.  ;)  lol

Both of my girls were lactose intolerant from birth to age one.  It was strange because I never was lactose intolerant.  They would break out with these horrible rashes everytime they had any milk or milk products.  I am thankful for them to now be able to enjoy ice cream, milkshakes and stuff like that.  :)

4th May, 2006 - 8:12am / Post ID: #

My little girl used to be lactose intolerant when she was about 18 months old.
We used to have to give her soya substitutes, this was in drinks, yoghurts etc.
We used to use the soya in all her food.
She used to have to have a soya spread instead of margarine and butter too.

The soya substitute is very expensive too, we were glad when a few months after this, she had more tests done at hospital and she was found to be alright again with milk.
We just had to introduce it back into her system very slowly.

She now drinks loads of the stuff, as she has to build up extra calcium because of her Coeliac disease that she suffers with.
I don't know how we would have gone on with her Coeliacs if she had remained lactose intolerant!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th May, 2006 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

Are Lactose Intolerant

I can take all the cheese and eggs in the world but I just cannot take milk but a small amount and immediately after drinking it, I start feeling sick and need to go to the bathroom! It's horrible. Just thinking about soya milk, I start feeling upset. I never liked milk, I notice also my son does not like it and I try my best to give him a bit at least every day. Calcium is a huge concern for me.

17th Jan, 2007 - 2:28pm / Post ID: #

Are Lactose Intolerant Psychology Special & Health

My wife became Lactose intolerant when the filter process used by major companies changed to a finer filter.

Reason we were told by our doctor was that the finer filter was removing the enzyme that helps break down the lactose protein.
So her body does not produce enough of the enzyme on its own.

She now drinks skim milk that is lactose free but only one a day as recommended by her dietician.

For every one out there who might have a baby with issues try goats milk! It has loads of the enzyme compared to cows milk. Result many times baby can drink it with out no reaction!

I don't like milk but I do like cheese and eggs...I am not lactose intolerant but if I drink pure milk I tend to vomit it..don't know why.

LDS_forever that is exactly what my wife started to do! then as things progress it was loose movement bloating to add to it! For calcium eat all your broccoli you can get and take a good supplement. Just watch though if you are taking iron and calcium they must be separated by a few hours or the Calcium will prevent the Iron from being absorbed by your body.(knowledge gained from my wife)

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Are you Lactose Intolerant?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,