Do People Have A 'right' To Be Rude?

Do People ' Right' Rude - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 27th Dec, 2003 - 6:43am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2003 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

In large part, one reason I'm here is that the members of my last discussion forum had no manners.

I was so disgusted by their language that I ran a poll asking "Is vulgar language needed at this site?" I wanted to know who supported vulgarity, profanity, and flames. From this poll I learned that fully one third of the members felt it was their inalienable right to use this type of language whenever they felt the need to use it. Members of my last discussion group felt they had the right to be rude to others.

It makes me wonder how many generations back the inbreeding goes in their families? The lack of manners was highly offensive. cry.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2003 - 3:24am / Post ID: #

Rude To right Have People Do

I have encountered the rude types before, for instance...

Tank: Here you go, buddy; "Breakfast of Champions."
Mouse: If you close your eyes, it almost feels like you're eating runny eggs.
Apoc: Yeah, or a bowl of snot.
Mouse: Do you know what it really reminds me of? Tasty Wheat. Did you ever eat Tasty Wheat?
Switch: No, but technically, neither did you.
Mouse: That's exactly my point. Exactly! Because you have to wonder: how do the machines know what Tasty Wheat tasted like? Maybe they got it wrong. Maybe what I think Tasty Wheat tasted like actually tasted like oatmeal, or tuna fish. That makes you wonder about a lot of things. You take chicken, for example: maybe they couldn't figure out what to make chicken taste like, which is why chicken tastes like everything!

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2003 - 5:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Do People Have A 'right' To Be Rude? Health & Special Psychology

Well, I have found that type of vulgarity on other sites as well. But I don't think anyone really has the 'right' to be rude or use vulgarity at anyone. I think that possibly they were raised around it and learned it while growing up. Or if not in the home, outside the home around friends and peers. I surely don't see the need in using vulgarity to get a point across or to speak my piece or my opinion.

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2003 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

No one has the 'right' to be rude.

msslmshdy said:

I surely don't see the need in using vulgarity to get a point across or to speak my piece or my opinion.

In the past I had a very foul and vulgar mouth, and I have found that since I have cleaned up my language and attitude that I get much better results in arguments and differences of opinion when I make sure to keep the language clean.

Also below the belt remarks, such as this:

jeffgson said:
It makes me wonder how many generations back the inbreeding goes in their families?

Is as bad as vulgarity. IMO that is

The 'Golden Rule' applies at all times, in every incident, discussion, argument, debate, etc., etc.

24th Dec, 2003 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

Jeff, maybe in the site you're talking about there are too many young and immature people (now youngesters, do not kill me wink.gif ) I find that most young kids are getting out of hand in the way they speak to others, specially using a lot of profanity and vulgarity. Of course, adults are the same thing!!! but I do find it is more common to find it online within the teenagers than within the adults.

Post Date: 27th Dec, 2003 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Actually, many of the people who swear the most seem to be highly intelligent.

And I've decided that I'm not going to let them force me out of their group by their behavior. As I've said yesterday in my new tag line, it's "No More Mr. Nice Guy", and I've taken a skull and crossbones as my avatar. If they want to dish it out, they'll just have to take it back themselves. I don't enjoy swearing and insulting people, but I know from my poll that 2/3rds of the members of the group don't support this type of behavior. And I don't want to abandon them because of the nasty people. I can be just as nasty to the nasty people as they are to me, and have nice, normal, mutually beneficial conversations with well-behaved people. There are many websites that are devoted to nothing but insults, so I don't even have to overwork my brain coming up with nasty things to say.

But like I said, I'm not going to let the nasty people drive me from the group. If they can dish it out, then they can take it. I'll match them line for line. And since I don't visit the same threads very often, preferring to just leave an opinion and then move on rather than engage in arguments, people will be flaming me and getting no responses. I'll be sure to explain the way I post to different threads, so they just look stupid trying to start a flame war while I'm not even seeing what they're saying. As I plan on telling them, one of the nice things about the USA is that everyone's entitled to their opinion, whatever it may be.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Dec, 2003 - 6:43am / Post ID: #

Do People Have 'right' To Rude

jeffgson said:

If they can dish it out, then they can take it. I'll match them line for line.
laugh.gif So... does this mean you are giving yourself the "right to be rude"??? Go get 'em!

But seriously, I agree that it seems the younger generation has "rude" down to a science. They don't seem to consider profanity or vulgarity to be anything but normal. Consider some of the vulgar shows on television, for instance, "Married...with children," "The Simpsons," et al. Then there's that awful evil of modern society, "gangsta rap" music that befouls every possible topic you can think of. And let me tell you, some of the young married people with children that I see in grocery stores or at the park... foul mouthed and rude to their spouses AND their own kids. The *next* generation will be even worse.

In my opinion, of course.
Roz

> TOPIC: Do People Have A 'right' To Be Rude?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,