The X-files - Fight The Future

The X-files Fight Future - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 18th Dec, 2009 - 9:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2009 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

The X-Files - Fight The Future

What is your review for the movie: "The X-Files - Fight The Future"?

The X-files - Fight The Future (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
18th Dec, 2009 - 9:33pm / Post ID: #

Future Fight X-files The

I actually quite liked it, as it not only acknowledged but featured the main story arc of the series, the colonization of Earth by the Black Oil and/or Grays. I think overall the plot and different scenes and turns were pretty good, the acting did seem a little... Inferior for the big screen, somehow, but still proficient.

Most of the movie and the characters and actions seemed more or less believable, in the context of an X-Files moves about aliens. While it was sort of like a two-part season-finale on steroids, rather than a proper movie, I think any X-Files fan thoroughly enjoyed it, as I did.

The arctic part was tiresome and while helping explain and reveal some things, was a bit silly, especially Mulder and Scully's climb up a nearly vertical sheer wall of ice and sludge. Scully's semi-consciousness during the scene of the giant craft rising up and flying away was harshly frustrating, if unlikely, but faithful to her usual lack of personal experience to convince her of the paranormal.

I could definitely have done without the kiss or near-kiss scene, as I'm not a fan of the M-S romantic relationship angle, at all. Interestingly, I watched this in theater with my first date, so the movie has a special significance to me.

And lastly, I can say this is approximately a billion times better than the second painful abortion of an X-Files movie (though Gillian Anderson's acting did noticeably improve), which I think is easily going to go the way of the "Save the Whales" and I Need My Pain" Star Trek movies, that is, disavowed as non-canon and shunned flukes.

> TOPIC: The X-files - Fight The Future

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,