Australia Movies

Australia Movies - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 21st Dec, 2009 - 7:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Reviewed
Post Date: 21st Dec, 2009 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

Australia Movies

Australia Movies

What is your review for this country's Movies and Actors? For more info about this country please visit the Index.

Sponsored Links:
21st Dec, 2009 - 7:41am / Post ID: #

Movies Australia

As an Australian, one may say I could be biased. However, there is a high percentage of Australians who dislike Australian movies as a whole but are partial to some of our actors.

My opinion? I love the cinema here is Oz, yeah, some are hit and miss, but then all countries can boast that happening.

Ten favourite Aussie movies (in no particular order):
1. 'Picnic at Hanging Rock' (1975) - Year I was born, very haunting music.
2. 'Mad Max' (1977) - Mel Gibson
3. 'Gallipoli' (1981)
4. 'The Man From Snowy River' (1982)
5. 'The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the desert' (1994)
6. 'Cosi' (1995)
7. 'Looking for Alibrandi' (2000)
8. 'The Hard Word' (2002)
9. 'Wolf Creek' (2005)
10. 'Little Fish' (2005)

And remember, these are my favourites. Some of them, as non-Australians, you may not know who they are.

There were a lot of films that were important to us, the following are those such films:

1. 'Storm Boy' (1977) - about a young boy and his Pelican Mr Percival (who actually only died quite recently). It was shown in all Primary schools across the country for many years.
2. 'BMX Bandits' (1983) was the film that brought Nicole Kidman into the lime light.
3. 'Crocodile Dundee' (1986) put Australia on the map.
4. 'Romper Stomper' (1992) became a cult film and put made Russell Crowe into a star
5. 'Babe' (1995) Everyone fell in love with the little pig that did not want to be sold into bacon.
6. 'The Castle' (1997) - Low budget film which is on every australian's favourite's list (except mine...)
7. 'Happy Feet' (2006) - became the most expensive Australian film ever made. And its about singing penguins - how cool is that?
8. 'Australia' (2008) - was supposed to be an advert for our great country and ended up being a big flop.

And our actors? There are a lot that have made it big overseas. Some of our local actors are still enjoying their life in Australia.

My 15 fave actors/actresses (again, in no particular order)
1. Mel Gibson (used to have a scrap book of him when I was a kid)
2. Cate Blanchett
3. Geoffry Rush
4. Sam Worthington
5. Callan Mulvey (mostly known for Australian TV)
6. Errol Flynn
7. Heath Ledger (RIP)
8. Eric Bana
9. Rose Byrne
10. Matt Day
11. Hugo Weaving
12. David Wenham
13. Rachel Griffiths
14. Anthony Lapaglia
15. Ryan Kwanten

I could go on, but I don't want to bore you. . Of course, there is Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe who I didn't mention. Russell Crowe is actually from NZ and for me, they can have him. .

> TOPIC: Australia Movies

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,