Arnold Schwarzenegger - Page 10 of 19

Schwarzenegger to End Ties to Magazines AP - Page 10 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 16th Jul, 2005 - 12:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 19 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (19) »
Just Muscle or Actor and Politician too?
3rd Feb, 2004 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

Arnold Schwarzenegger - Page 10

Gee, CarKeyBoi... tell us how you really feel about those wacko liberals and environmentalists... ;D

Excellent points made. Now if only the government would just heave over and let us make all the decisions, we'd have a whole different world.

Arnie's trying, but he's gotta be realistic ... doesn't Cali have something like the 6th largest economy in the WORLD? It's like running a different country, not just a state.

IMO
Roz

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Feb, 2004 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

Arnold Schwarzenegger
A Friend

Schwarzenegger Arnold

i think Cali has the 5th largest economy in the world. In any event, 5th or 6th, yuo're correct, running Cali is like running a large country

and don't misunderstand me when i said that Arnie sux. I was referring to his acting ability, not Arnie as a person. I'm sure Arnie would be the first to admit that his chances of ever winning Best Actor at the Oscars are zilch. But Arnie ain't no dummy, and i admire him for what he's achieved. He found his niche in the movie biz, worked it to maximum effect, made his millions and it's fully deserved

what i really admire about Arnie is his awesome self-belief that he can be successful at anything that he turns his hand to, no matter what the odds. And to date, that self-belief has been totally justified. As a teenager, he told everyone that he was gonna go to America and become a champion body builder, which he did (a record seven times, i think?) then near the end of his body building career, he told everyone that he was gonna go to Hollywood and become a huge movie star (everyone thought "yeah, sure Arnie, whatever") and yet, he did

same thing happened when he indicated that he might run for Gov. of Cali, people thought he'd gone wacko, and yet here we are.... Arnie is now running the 5th or 6th largest economy in the world

it's an amazing story, that this kid from Austria, barely able to speak a word of English, came to America, became a world champion body builder, then a Hollywood star, married a Kennedy, ran for Gov. of Cali standing as a Repub, and WON!

Arnie epitomizes the "American Dream"

but i fear that his term in office might turn into an American Nightmare, and not because he lacks ability or because he's not prepared to work at it blah. Arnie's self-belief and determination is beyond question. He will try his hardest. I just feel that the fiscal situation is so grave, that WHOEVER succeeded Davis was doomed to failure from the get go

i really hope that Arnie proves me wrong

- Car Key Boi,
Huge Arnie fan / even thou he was a little touchy-touchy with some of da wimmin that worked on his movie sets

21st Feb, 2004 - 12:10pm / Post ID: #

Arnold Schwarzenegger Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Is he on the ball or looking for trouble? Afterall doesn't California have a very large homosexual population?

SCHWARZENEGGER: GAY MARRIAGES MUST STOP
California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger warns San Francisco to stop issuing
marriage licenses to same-sex couples in defiance of state law.
https://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/02/21/same.sex/index.html

21st Feb, 2004 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #

Page 10 Schwarzenegger Arnold

I was very impressed by Mr. Arnold's position about the whole thing, after all he is in Cali and what a big gay population San Francisco has!!! I hope he continues with the same position about the whole thing. He's getting my support, therefore, he will be able to sleep at night without a guilty concious. smile.gif

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2004 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

Arnold Schwarzenegger
A Friend

Schwarzenegger Arnold

JB, yuo're correct in that [arnie accent] KAH-LEE-FON-YA[/arnie accent] does have a large gay population, especially LA and the Bay Area. If yuo were to look at a map showing which counties voted against the recall, and those that voted for Arnie, yuo'll see that Arnie won the election on the back of the more conservative rural counties and not the urban counties surrounding the Bay Area

for example, San Fran voted 80%, yes that's 80%, to keep Davis (what a bunch of tools :<!--emo&lol:-->user posted image<!--endemo--> ) and even Arnie's home county, LA, voted against him, so i don't think Arnie cares that much about losing any of the gay vote, mainly because i don't think that many gay folk voted for him in the first place

also, like i said in my previous post, Arnie is like the Car Key Boi, in that he's a Hippie Heart/Conservative Head Tard and i promise yuo, from a personal point of view, Arnie couldn't give two hoots if two guys wanna get married to each other

but in order to appease the Conservative Tards in Cali, Arnie has to be seen to be against it. The same applies to Bush, and the same even applies to John Kerry because 65% of Americans are against gay marriage. So a compromise is "i'm against gay marriage, but i have no problems about gays having civil unions and equal rights blah"

BUT as Gov. of Cali, Arnie is duty bound to try and stop what's happening in San Fran, coz Mayor Newsome and his cronies have challenged Kahleefonyah Law, and as Gov. he has to lay the smack down on their butts, notwithstanding any personal feelings he may have on this issue

the legal issue is this. Kahleefonyah State law forbids gay marriage blah, but the Kahleefonyah Constitution affords equal protection under the law, so Newsome and his cronies are claiming that the law against gay marriage is in violation of the state constitution and they are suing based on that position

the Conservative and Christian groups have asked the court to issue a temporary injunction to halt the issuance of licenses while the issue is decided. The judge turned them down citing failure to prove irreparable harm, which to tell the troof, is the whole problem with the Christian Right's position on this issue. They have no way of LEGALLY proving (and i'm talking about evidence that would satisfy a Cali court of law, not a Bible Belt State court) that gay marriage is inherently harmful

it's like trying to prove IN LAW that the Car Key Boi is a moran coz his grammar, sentence structure, spelling, punctuation, blah sux

- Car Key Boi,
NOT A MORAN, KNOWS THAT INFORMATION IS THE MOST VALUABLE COMMODITY ON EARTH / MADD INFORMATION=MADD LOOT, D N T

Message Edited!
CarKeyBoi -- please watch the language, I'm sure you think it's very mild but we'd rather keep it clean here. Thanks!

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 21st Feb, 2004 - 9:27pm

20th Jul, 2004 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Arnie's in the news again...

Democrats Are Girlie Men
Schwarzenegger Stands by'Girlie Men' Line
By TIM MOLLOY
Associated Press Writer

"If they don't have the guts to come up here in front of you and say, 'I don't want to represent you, I want to represent those special interests, the unions, the trial lawyers ... if they don't have the guts, I call them girlie men," Schwarzenegger said to the cheering crowd at a mall food court in Ontario.

The governor lifted the term from a long-running "Saturday Night Live" skit in which two pompous, Schwarzenegger-worshipping weightlifters repeatedly use it to mock those who don't meet their standards of physical perfection.

Democrats said Schwarzenegger's remarks were insulting to women and gays and distracted from budget negotiations. State Sen. Sheila Kuehl said the governor had resorted to "blatant homophobia."

"It uses an image that is associated with gay men in an insulting way, and it was supposed to be an insult. That's very troubling that he would use such a homophobic way of trying to put down legislative leadership," said Kuehl, one of five members of the Legislature's five-member Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Caucus.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Jan, 2005 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #

Arnold Schwarzenegger - Page 10

Poor Arnold....they want him to lose his Austrian citizenship!!!

VIENNA, Austria (AP) -- California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger should be stripped of citizenship in his native Austria for approving the execution of a convicted killer, a leading Austrian politician said Saturday.

Peter Pilz, a top official with the environmentalist Green Party, said the Austria-born Schwarzenegger no longer is worthy of citizenship in his homeland because he broke the law by clearing Donald Beardslee's execution on Wednesday.

Capital punishment is illegal here, and Schwarzenegger -- who holds dual U.S.-Austrian nationality -- should be stripped of his Austrian passport for "heavily damaging the reputation of the republic," Pilz said.

He told Austrian media he sent the Interior Ministry a letter formally requesting that the government begin the process of terminating Schwarzenegger's citizenship...

https://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/22/...r.ap/index.html

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2005 - 12:36pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Arnold Schwarzenegger Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 10

Schwarzenegger to End Ties to Magazines

AP - Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said Friday he will end his multimillion-dollar consulting deal with two fitness magazines amid criticism that the work was a conflict of interest.
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...itness_contract

> TOPIC: Arnold Schwarzenegger

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,