Air Show

Air Show - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 20th Oct, 2003 - 5:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 19th Sep, 2003 - 11:08am / Post ID: #

Air Show
A Friend

Air Show

This weekend is going to be an eventful one.  Along with many of the other festivities that we have going on in my town, we are also going to have an air show.

My family really enjoyed the air show last year.  Plus, we are also going to have the Blue Angels again this year.  I am looking forward to going this year and taking some pics too.   *smile*

Anyone ever been to an air show before?  What did you think of it?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Sep, 2003 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Air Show
A Friend

Show Air

I can honestly say that I've never actually been to an airshow . . . yet!  Ironically, Chicago (where I live), is the site of the famous Air and Water Show, which takes place over the course of an entire weekend.

Trying to even get close to there is like going to a zoo!  It's insane!  I think the only way I'll get to see one is if I can ever make enough money to rent an apartment along the lakefront.

Oh well, at least I can enjoy the highlights on the news, and enjoy my version of Microsoft Flight Simulator with the home airport of the now destroyed Meigs Field.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2003 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

Air Show
A Friend

Air Show Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

My girls just loved the airshow.  My husband's workplace is very, very close to the airport, so we just sat at where he works and watched the show from there.  It was pretty cool this year.

That Air and Water show sounds really cool.  They have a water show here, but it's like a whole weekend, and you practically have to camp out to get a place to see.  :smile.gif

19th Oct, 2003 - 1:47am / Post ID: #

Show Air

Sorry for my ignorance, what's an air show?? I never heard of it before. Is this a show with airplanes and stuff? is that how is it called?

19th Oct, 2003 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

Show Air

Air show = usually held at an airport or air strip. Performances by different planes, aircraft, parachuters, displays, and everything related to flight. Usually pilots perform stunts and formations for onlookers. It is fun!

19th Oct, 2003 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

Air Show

[quote]
Air show = usually held at an airport or air strip. Performances by different planes, aircraft, parachuters, displays, and everything related to flight. Usually pilots perform stunts and formations for onlookers. It is fun![/quote]

Oh okay thanks for the explanation...wink.gif I have never seen an air show before.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Oct, 2003 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

Air Show
A Friend

Air Show

[quote]I have never seen an air show before. [/quote]

This is the second year that we've had an air show in our town.  This year's show was pretty cool, but they could have brought the Blue Angels again like they did last year.  (The Blue Angels if memory serves me right is part of the air force and they go from show to show and do stunts and stuff like that).

20th Oct, 2003 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

Air Show Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

[quote] This is the second year that we've had an air show in our town.  This year's show was pretty cool, but they could have brought the Blue Angels again like they did last year.  (The Blue Angels if memory serves me right is part of the air force and they go from show to show and do stunts and stuff like that).[/quote]

Are accidents common in this kind of events? I saw several of them on those shows about 'cheating death' and stuff.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Air Show

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,