Pawn Stars

Pawn Stars - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 27th Jun, 2014 - 5:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Best of  Pawn Stars TV Series
2nd Jan, 2009 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

Pawn Stars

Pawn Stars

This is a TV series about a Pawn Shop managed by three generations. It is quite interesting because you get a lot of historical facts, but there is one element about it I do not understand. Someone will bring in an item and want let's say $100 for it. The owner will say they need to bring in an expert to check it. The expert in front of the owner and seller will say that the item is worth let's say $500. The seller of course gets excited because all they originally wanted was $100. For me this is a silly business practice because it is only necessary for the buyer to know the worth and it is up to the seller to find out the worth unless I'm mistaken about some law in the US.

Pawn Stars
Pawn Stars (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
2nd Jan, 2009 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

Stars Pawn

Well, is a pawn shop JB. They DO buy stuff to the cheapest price. I think the whole appraisal is mostly for entertainment and historic facts more than anything else, as well as to provide the pawn shop owner the opportunity to know whether he will make a good profit or not.

"The Old man", son and his grandson have a multimillion dollar business in that pawn shop.

2nd Jan, 2009 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

Pawn Stars Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Maybe that is the 'payment' for the seller having to appear in front of a camera since I'm sure they also have to pay the expert for showing up to look at the item. They have several of these Pawn Shops or just the one?

2nd Jan, 2009 - 2:34am / Post ID: #

Stars Pawn

international QUOTE (JB @ 1-Jan 10, 10:19 PM)
since I'm sure they also have to pay the expert for showing up to look at the item.

They call the experts once or twice a week and they are VERY glad to come because a lot of times they are the ones wanting to buy the items they appraise.

international QUOTE
They have several of these Pawn Shops or just the one?

Just that one and they have been in business for more than 20 years.

The wife of Rick (the son of the "old man") was not keen about the whole reality show idea:

international QUOTE
"My wife got all freaked out when we started doing the reality show," he says, "because she said she saw all these reality shows and everyone was getting divorced." Working from Harrison's theory that breakups only happen when both spouses appear on a show -- The Gosselin Paradigm, if you will -- she's staying off camera.

2nd Jan, 2009 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

Stars Pawn

Funny about the divorce aspect, I was actually thinking more about the safety aspect because you're basically telling people how much money you're handling, etc. I bet they like the new celebrity status of it all though, people walking in their store looking to say "I saw you on TV". What I don't get is what Chum gets out of it because they spend the whole series putting him down and basically saying how stupid he is... I guess he must be getting a nice paycheck for his face.

Pawn Stars
Pawn Stars (Hover)

2nd Jan, 2009 - 3:12am / Post ID: #

Pawn Stars

Chum is a childhood friend of Corey and has been around that store from a young age, he is part of the family according to Rick. If you notice, they are a peculiar kind of people (the way they treat each other, etc).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Jan, 2009 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

Pawn Stars

You're telling me that there is actually a successful tv show based on a pawn shop? There must be a lack of real entertainment out there. Catchy name though... "Pawn Stars" but fromt the looks of the pic above they could never be the other kind of stars if you get what I'm saying.

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2014 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

Pawn Stars Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Season 8, Episode 73 - "Get in the Ring"
Rocky Marciano memorabilia; a glow-in-the-dark car.

Season 8, Episode 74 - "Rick, Rock, and Roll"
A meteorite; two first-edition copies of "A Christmas Carol."

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Pawn Stars

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,