Recent Posts Placed First On The List

Recent Posts List - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 9th Jan, 2010 - 5:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2010 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

Recent posts placed first on the list

Name: Wing

Comments: Greetings, Why not have the most recent posts placed first on the list rather than last? That way, when folks check back occasionally to see what's new, they don't have to go to the very last page - it's right there in front of them. Just a thought. Thanks for considering it.

Sponsored Links:
9th Jan, 2010 - 4:19pm / Post ID: #

List On Placed Posts Recent

The reason for this is because the FIRST post in a message is considered the SUBJECT of the Thread and thus is the deciding factor of whether the replies are ON or OFF Topic.

Update: This is some Emails being sent to me from a Guest using this site. The first post above is only part of what he said. In response I sent the following to him in an Email:

international QUOTE (JB)
It is this way for a reason and has been this way for many years.
If you want to go to the latest reply use the link that gives this.

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2010 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

Recent Posts Placed First On The List Feedback & FAQ News Community

Name: Wing

Comments: Yes, I understand that it may have been this way for years. And it sure makes sense that you do it that way for "a reason." I'd be surprised if it was done that way for "no reason," and that you would also resist improving it for the same arbitrary "no reason."

But is this kind of ultra-conservative approach - "That's the way we've always done it, so that's the way we have to always keep doing it" - always the best justification for doing something? Or do you keep things the way they are because you actually prefer having that negative, cynical argument against causality as the default, because it most reflects your own thoughts? And is that the best way to promote fair discussion?

Of course, it's your discussion board and you're the moderators, so you can do things the way you choose. But I did notice, and you probably did too, that in 4 years you've only had 15 entries.

9th Jan, 2010 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #

My response via Email, but I will Post it here and refer him to here if he actually has a reply which I'm sure he does. rolleyes.gif

international QUOTE
If you are a Member of the site then you will have joined based on certain policies. If you are not a Member of the site then it should not be an issue for you since you are not even part of it. Additionally, we have tens of thousands of threads, many sites and a heavy workload, we do not have the time to wonder about one thread. Of course it is our Community, we run it the way that is best for us and those who are actually part of it. You have your own choice to start your own Community and run it the way you like or look for one that better suits your needs. Good luck.

It amazes me that people online have such an obsession with controlling things or making the whole suit their needs. I mean to say, when I visit a site as a Guest I don't write the owners telling them they should change this or that and I'm not even part of the site!

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2010 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think it is fine the way it is and I like knowing what thread has been posted to recently. I know for one thing it does show one who is currently active on the board and talking.

9th Jan, 2010 - 4:46pm / Post ID: #

Some people just want to give their aggressive opinions on things because they are zealot about one instance or issue, that is fine, but my main point about it is that the writer is not even a Member and yet he is unhappy that we won't change the entire site just for him. Could you imagine the workload of doing something like that? I will have to basically rewrite whole policies just because a Guest who thinks we are ultra conservative does not get his way. What is more... You give them an alternative where they can click on the "Latest Post" link to be taken to what they are looking for but it is not satisfactory. I feel the main reason is based on a part of the Email I did not Post here where the Guest (Wing) said he did not like seeing the face of a certain User when he opened the Thread *Twilight Music Plays* spock.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Jan, 2010 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Recent Posts Placed On List

It is sad to see that some people just do not understand that the world does not rotate around them and at their whim. I understand that trying to please one person over a vast majority would be utterly hard let alone if you did jump through those hoops would it actually satisfy him/her or just please them for a few nanoseconds?

9th Jan, 2010 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

Recent Posts Placed On List Community News FAQ & Feedback

That's right, they will not be satisfied because they will see something else that does not meet their 'standard' and then complain about it.

I actually get a lot of Emails from Guests (they are our biggest participator here). The Joe Public replies that are often way beyond civility are just deleted because you won't believe the things emotionally or unstable people try to say to other Posters here.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Recent Posts Placed First On The List

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,