Offering Strange Sacrament

Offering Strange Sacrament - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 10th Jan, 2010 - 4:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Nadab and Abihu
4th Jan, 2010 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

In the days of the Law of Moses...

international QUOTE (Lev. 10: 1-2)
1 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the Lord, which he commanded them not.
  2 And there went out afire from the Lord, and devoured them, and they died before the Lord.

What do you think is the equal of offering "strange fire" today with regards to the sacrament?

Sponsored Links:
10th Jan, 2010 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

Sacrament Strange Offering

Typically it is thought by many Hebrew scholars that "strange Fire" is referring to child sacrifice. I did not take down my Hebrew Bible, but typically the word "MLK" is what the english translation calls "strange fire"/ This is is child sacrifice. It was very common in Cannon. Israel struggles with this all throughout the OT. So I am not sure how this related to our sacrament at all, since it is something totally different.

10th Jan, 2010 - 4:30am / Post ID: #

Offering Strange Sacrament Studies Doctrine Mormon

The fact that they were unworthily attending to sacred ordinances for the Lord is what I was focusing on and not exactly how they went about it. My question is basically how do priesthood holders today sometimes unworthily handle the sacrament or up to what degree do you become unworthy to administer the sacrament.

> TOPIC: Offering Strange Sacrament

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,