Valkyrie Profile game review

Valkyrie Profile Game Review - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 3rd Aug, 2003 - 7:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2003 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Valkyrie Profile a RPG game for playstation.  It is rated Teen for Mild animated violence, Mild language, and some suggestive themes.  This game is 2 discs long and is a one player game.  This game is from the creators of Star Ocean:  The Second Story.

The character you play is the Valkyrie, chooser of the slain, (also known as Lenneth) who is one of the three goddesses that govern destiny.  You have many different characters that you take and train to fight along side you in the final battle.  Throughout the game you spend your time finding souls to train, but be careful of who you send on, if one of them isn't strong enough, you will never beat the game.  

This game was pretty good.  This game has three different endings and many hours of playing time.  The game says 50 hours, but I beat it in less time than that.  But I have only uncovered 2 of the 3 endings.  So I think that the 50 hours is in reference to playing to find all the possible endings.  There is six different game modes and you can even choose if you want the chapters to run short or normal.  I would suggest the normal chapters, because if you don't, the characters will not develop or get strong enough to fight against Odin.  But in hard mode, you can find more characters and more treasures, but the chapters are short.  Your characters also have skill points that you distribute to make each one stronger in certain areas.

Each chapter has a goal that must be reached to finish it and sometimes, if you don't do all that you need to do in that chapter, once you finish the objective of the chapter.  You will not be able to return to get that particular goal.  Everytime you come out of the chapter you have the chance to send on one of your characters to Valhalla.

I really liked the battle scenes the best in this game.  You can control all the characters in battle (you could have 8 characters, but only can use four in battle, counting yourself).

I give this game an overall rating of:
:starblue: :starblue: :starblue:

I rate the 3D graphics:
:starblue: :starblue: :starblue: (the 3D graphics and artistic backgrounds were very good.  The mini movies they play during the game were very good too.)

I rate the game flow (storyline):
:starblue: :starblue: :starblue:  (Because the Valkyrie even has memories of her past that she remembers when she visits certain areas.  I thought that was really cool).  :)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Jul, 2003 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

review game Profile Valkyrie

Sounds like a good game, but i've never heard of it! Maybe it's another one of those that hasn't found it's way over here.

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2003 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Valkyrie Profile game review Gaming Video & Issues Computer

This is an older game, if it's not there yet, it probably will be before long.  :)  I have had this game for many months now.  My husband has just now started to play it.  I'm hoping that he'll post his review on it when he finishes playing it.  :)

Post Date: 3rd Aug, 2003 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

review game Profile Valkyrie

Mssl this game is a very cool game I would have to give it a top rating on every thing. It is a very fun game to play and has awsome graphics the game is just so cool...

> TOPIC: Valkyrie Profile game review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,