D&D Character Development

D Character Development - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 14th Jan, 2010 - 8:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »
Dungeons and Dragons
Post Date: 5th Jan, 2010 - 10:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Since we have had some character development in the questions thread I figure I would make a separate thread for that. IF you want to have a more detailed character and develop your character more we can discuss it in here to assist. No character development will be final until the GM and the owner of the character agree to the developments.

Sponsored Links:
6th Jan, 2010 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Development Character Dragons and Dungeons

international QUOTE
"wild talent", which I can see as being fear/anxiety triggered (or low mental stamina and self-control).

I like it I could work with that, but part of the condition is that he does not directly attack friends, the whole 'this is why he tries hard to make friends, is the only way to make sure he doesn't hurt them" bit. Now because of his potential change in personality, his actions could indirectly case harm to the group, by him not being careful, him getting in the way of others in the group fight, exc.
Another big part is it would be more of a mental change, with benefits ranging from physical to more potency in spell casing. I think it makes sense though that the change could be sense by those with a strong magical gift, or just sensitive. But it should also hinge on how much of a change comes over Lionel, (aka higher level of change more likely it can be sensed).

international QUOTE
just curious, not trying to argue

I wasn't saying you were"¦ but really how would we just role play it?

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 6th Jan, 2010 - 7:32pm

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2010 - 7:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

D&D Character Development Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I am taking all of this into consideration. I know there is a way to have a spell form that helps you out in case of danger that will not directly effect friends. I am not saying that we will have a spell effect but it is under consideration. Like I said give me a few days I will have something worked out.

6th Jan, 2010 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

Thanks KNtoran, we were just throwing ideas back a forward, I feel that a spell might not be the best path though, because the idea is more of a trait or ability.

7th Jan, 2010 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Maybe something like you could find in Google such as Magic Spell Misfire Table there are examples of a random table that has a number of results, from the spell fizzling to moths coming out of the caster's mouth etc. (smile)

7th Jan, 2010 - 2:50am / Post ID: #

Let me describe Tranquil Fury this way:
Do not expect to see Lionel in a furious angry rage. Instead, expect Lionel's face to be serenely, eerily calm. Lionel will not appear to be even slightly fazed with what he is required to fight. Of course, that won't stop him from trying to hack the person/thing/creature to pieces. A defeat by Lionel when he is in the grip of tranquil fury is likely to be more complete than when in other battles, as Lionel will make doubly sure to do the job right.
Lionel could also be described as such

international QUOTE
"in that calm lagoon of rage where the voice is steady, the manner is measured and polite, and only a faint trace of spittle at the corner of the mouth betrays the inner inferno."
Another why to say it is that Lionel's anger was cold, and he could use it. Another person's anger would be hot, and so it used them (idea from Ender's Game). 

This is how Lionel would be when he is in control of other personality and also "not" angry:
international QUOTE
"But what, when you see peace in the middle of horror? One is smiling - not vicious, not insane, not stoic - but calm, gentle... Seeming almost enlightened. As they slit throats left and right. They are the eye of the storm, the calm center of destruction and their serenity is so off that it's more terrifying than any fury."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Jan, 2010 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I have thought about this for a few days. I can come up with a idea see how it sounds to you. You have this dark side to you from your experience on the day your family was killed and in the first few days of fleeing not knowing if you were going to survive or not. Over time this has been a bane to you. This dark side comes out randomly and often with dire consequences to those around you who are not your friends. This darkness occurs at odd times so you will have to roll a d100 once per morning, afternoon and night. If you get a 01-02% you go into this darkness. While in this darkness you lash out at people around you for what has befallen you. You have a desire to make people suffer as you have. You will draw your dagger and try to kill any (except friends) who try to or you fell may oppose your revenge to those you feel are responsible for your families deaths. These dark periods last about a turn and you do not remember anything that happens to you during these times. When it occurs during the night It means you have had a night terror and wake up suddenly in a cold sweat and can not go back to sleep the rest of the night. This means you have a -2 on saving throws, dexterity and spell casting until you get a good night of sleep again.

14th Jan, 2010 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

D&D Character Development D&D / Pathfinder Archive

I like it, a very good job. biggrin.gif What would the pros be in this state? Also shouldn't the likelihood of this increase in times of anxiety and battle, and what about when Lionel actually grows angry, which will probably be in certain unique instances, like seeing those he cares about hurt.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: D&D Character Development

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.