Best Sci-Fi Writer? - Page 3 of 3

Areken took the words out of my mouth. Piers - Page 3 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 14th Feb, 2006 - 6:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 22nd May, 2005 - 12:19pm / Post ID: #

Best Sci-Fi Writer?
A Friend

Best Sci-Fi Writer? - Page 3

My favorite science fiction writer is Stephen King. Most people know him for his horror books. Allot of people don't realize that he has written the books Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, and Bag of Bones. None of them are horror stories. But he has nine books dedicated to the science fiction genre, they are called the Dark Tower series. It is a series that spans multiple universes and realities and brings them together at a central point in time and space. The entire series is masterfully written and worthy, in my opinion, of making Stephen King one of the best science fiction writers of our time!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Jun, 2005 - 8:13am / Post ID: #

Best Sci-Fi Writer?
A Friend

Writer Sci-Fi Best

I prefer the Strugatski brothers (Boris and Arkadi). Their Picnic at the roadside (filmed as Stalker) is one of the best books ever written. I find the somehow claustrophobic atmosphere of their works very appealing.

Post Date: 5th Jul, 2005 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

Best Sci-Fi Writer?
A Friend

Best Sci-Fi Writer? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I can't believe nobodies mentioned Phillip. K. Dick no Do androids dream of electric sheep equals no blade runner! period! Phillip. K. Dicks stories always had an overtone of warning in them a sort of sci fi version of Orwell and in that I think you can see his influences in Terminator and any other tale of science turning against us! in my opinion he is the granddaddy of sci fi!
Also I don't know if anyones checked out Iain M. Banks Sci fi books but their quite good as well!

22nd Oct, 2005 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Writer Sci-Fi Best

Well my first introductory to true Sci Fi writing was Card, but my new favorite is Philip S. Dow. I am sure I have mentioned him before, but when I read 'Realm of the Sword' while listening to Iron Maiden, I feel like I am there, and that defines any book as being awesome. After a twenty hour flight over to Romania and then back, this book kept the time flying.

There was also a book I read a long time ago called Candlenight, that was also an awesome read.

11th Jan, 2006 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

Writer Sci-Fi Best

Has anyone ever heard of Harland Ellison, not a very famous guy, but he wrote some of the best Sci-fi I have ever read. He is a very dark and scary individual, I think he could give Stephen King a run for his money in the horror genre, but he doesn't lose the sci-fi theme. If you have the time and the urge, find a story called "I have no mouth and I must scream and you'll see what I mean.

Reconcile Edited: Tastanagee on 11th Jan, 2006 - 2:50pm

Post Date: 14th Feb, 2006 - 6:46am / Post ID: #

Best Sci-Fi Writer?
A Friend

Best Sci-Fi Writer?

Areken took the words out of my mouth. Piers Anthony will always be my favourite, with his many trilogies. Battle Circle is right up there with the better concepts he has written, and yes the Tarot series was rather strange, but gripping to say the least.
I remember reading the Dragonfall series when I was a 12 year old in high school, and loving it then. I recently re-read the Chronicles of PERN from start to finish and it still captured my 36 year old imagination as only Anne MaCaffrey can. Truly brilliant.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Best Sci-Fi Writer?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,