Gay Comic Book Characters

Gay Comic Book Characters - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 28th Jun, 2005 - 3:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
12th Dec, 2002 - 4:33pm / Post ID: #

Do you believe that using gay characters as heroes in comics is okay? The recent release of 'Rawhide', a gay cowboy has sparked controversy. What is your view? Everyone has the right to express or somethings are just not for kids?

international QUOTE (CNN)
 Then, Marvel Comics character, The Rawhide Kid, is coming out of the closet. Are the comic book pages the right place for social awareness? Why are some critics crying foul over gay characters making their way into the comics? The creator of Spider-Man and Chairman Emeritus of Marvel Comics, Stan Lee, squares off with a social conservative. Ref. CNN

Sponsored Links:
12th Dec, 2002 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

Characters Book Comic Gay

I personally think is stupid. Because when we refer to Spiderman or Superman or any other comic, we don't sell them as 'heterosexual' why then we should have 'homosexual' comics.? It doesn't make sense. Comics used to be about good guys fighting the bad guys not about whether they like a woman or a man!. We are talking about comics you know! not about comics about sexual preferences!

13th Dec, 2002 - 3:55am / Post ID: #

Gay Comic Book Characters Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

international QUOTE
Comics used to be about good guys fighting the bad guys not about whether they like a woman or a man!.

Well I believed that has changed. Most comics now try to be very realistic. They go as far as putting two super heroes against each other for one woman (Batman and Superman). Look at Silver Surfer - every show talks about his longing to be with his girl friend and most of the series seems like a sad love affair with all the romatic things they used to do.

13th Dec, 2002 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Yes but I do not think is good that either. Why they should be fighting for a woman anyway? they have to go and save the world!...(Oh well, I think this is a Hollywood dicease where MUST be romance in any movie to be succesful!) even comics!. *rolling eyes*

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2004 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

i wrote this paper about a insignificant event that becmae significant..i thought it was cool thougth id share

A Burdened Heart

There is a feeling a human gets sometimes. One feeling whose origins I do not know. It is like a huge weight upon ones heart. It is one hundred strong men squeezing ones soul to death. It is the thick, deadly poison that forces it's way through ones veins. I would like to define such words as, "pent up emotion." There are ways to relieve the pressure, some use fighting, anger, strength, or hate to relieve themselves. I had been searching so long for a way to rid myself of the massive rocks that lay deep at the bottom on my heart. I was a little surprised when I found what it was.

I remember when I found it, the event still plays back within my mind, like an old movie player. I can see a boy of 12 sitting upon a bed. Not a man, nor a teenager, but a boy, a boy that was undefined and a boy with no knowledge of his own identity. His brain was to young to understand the concept of individuality. There he lay, with a burdened heart and a mind, not old enough to see.

He lay there for hours, until at the point of intense boredom. The boy calmly walked to his computer, still shrouded in thought. He got on the Internet and logged in his AOL messenger, a favorite pastime when boredom had reached its limits. It was an addiction, talking on-line with people. Talking wasn't the addiction as much as the happy thought of receiving a message. Yes it was only a message, but so rarely had anyone given him anything, a mere message excited him dearly. It would ease the pain within his heart, if only for a second.

He popped up a window and started talking to a few people. They seemed to skip over his messages, as if tiny blips on a radar screen. They continued their talk, consistently, not noticing his cries to be heard. It was then he, no, I realized how fake society was, how communal minded they were. I know not of what words they ejected from their mouths to spark this sudden rush of creation, but I began to write. My heart exploded in exhilaration. My fingers tingled with a rich sense of pleasure as they pressed down upon keys, and the keys made beautiful words appear upon the screen. The poison that once pumped thickly through my veins rushed into my fingers and became the letters on the screen, and the ink upon paper. It was released, the feeling of burden, shot out into the architecture of a poem.

I was a boy then, a small block of clay not yet formed, but now I am a boy no longer, but a person of individuality. I am Alex. That little event was my master artist, his hands at work upon me. It created me to be who i am now. I still have a burdened heart, but I carry it proudly. For if my heart was not made of heavy rocks, I would not be writing, but most importantly, I wouldn't be...
Alex

EDIT: I appoligze..i wrote in the wrong box!

I think Gay characters was sooner or later going to happen...first i supose the writers run out of things to say...stories to do..and they themselves need to venture into the depths of society...im all for it, mainly because im a writer, and i understand that one should write about what they want, not whats politaly correct

Reconcile Edited: FunXueYei on 1st Jan, 2004 - 12:33am

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2004 - 2:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Everyone wants a hero who looks like them or thinks like them. It is a part of our very nature to need others for rolemodels or heros. Why should the gay community be any different? There are white superheros, black ones, and many different kinds of Hispanic ones.

I do not believe that anyone has the right to tell me or anyone else which comic book superhero is worthy to be read or aspired to. I don't like Richie Rich or Spiderman. I do like Archie. I guess that makes me a loser because I don't like Spiderman but so it be it.No one can force you to read something that you do not want to read so if you don't want to read gay comics don't. But do not negate the fact that others will want to read them. As the gay community finds itself becoming more open, these things will come out from underground and be seen boldly displayed right next to Superman comics. Different strokes I guess. . . . laugh.gif

Now lets see how quickly you delete me for disagreeing!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Aug, 2004 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

I understand your point of view, but not the attitude behind it. Why would you say that we will delete you for disagreeing? I believe you have things all mixed up about this community. The point is that people can be for the gay movement or against it - it does not matter, our point here is that you must express your view as your opinion without disrespect, sarcasm or insults. So long as you do so while being on topic, using good English and factual then there should be no reason to delete any posts you put. To be safe always read the FAQ board.

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2005 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Gay Comic Book Characters Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews

I think comic writing should be about freedom of expression, ideas, creativity. What's so bad about a homosexual superhero if he beats the bad guys? I think a gay superhero could be created in a way that would not be offensive to the general public. (in any other sense than his being gay, that is) The comic wouldn't have to be sexually explicit or adult in nature. I don't think that just being homosexual should make something "Mature rated" unless it has other sexual/violent qualities about it.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Gay Comic Book Characters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,