Marvel or DC Comics? - Page 3 of 6

I'm a fan of Superman and therefore - Page 3 - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 30th Dec, 2009 - 7:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
A long history of battles, who is the best? Key Comic Thread
20th Aug, 2007 - 9:07am / Post ID: #

Marvel or DC Comics? - Page 3

I love Marvel. the timeline is great. DC restarts the story every so many years. How many time can we watch Batman meet the Joker before it gets old?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2008 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

Marvel or DC Comics?
A Friend

Comics DC Marvel

I like both, but my favorite character is Wolvie. I have read every GN I can get my hands on of Wolverine since I was 10. I bought a collectors GN of his living in Japan when I was 12. When my mom found it, not only did she give me a huge lecture, but she threw it away. I have only bought one GN since... Star Wars Revenge of the Sith.

31st Jan, 2008 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

Marvel or DC Comics? Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

Detective comics are always more interesting and make you think what the outcome will be. Marvel has some over the top stories that are just not interesting.

Post Date: 3rd May, 2008 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Marvel or DC Comics?
A Friend

Page 3 Comics DC Marvel

Marvel definitely tops DC. Marvel has many more recognizable characters such as: Captain America, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, X-Men, compared to DC which only really has Batman, Robin, and, of course, Superman. Also, in Marvel the characters actually have different powers, unlike DC where all the characters, barring Batman, can fly, have super strength, have some sort of energy projectile, and an infallible sense of what is right and what is wrong. Marvel writes characters with actual flaws, which I personally find much more satisfying than DC's good-triumphs-over-evil-every-time stories. Younger audiences may like DC but I personally can only read Batman, and even then only certain stories.

1st Jun, 2008 - 6:26am / Post ID: #

Comics DC Marvel

I will always be a devoted marvel Zombie. X-men, very little ret-con, real world settings, 'nuff said.

However, if you want to validate comics as a form of literature, you have to turn to DC. There's a constant push, especially by the vertigo division of the company, to tell a quality story regardless of the medium.

1st Jun, 2008 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #

Marvel or DC Comics?

QUOTE (Daddygeek84)
...to tell a quality story regardless of the medium.

That is more important to me than the characters themselves, but it seems quality is not a factor in today's thinking of what is good entertainment even for a comic.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Jul, 2008 - 4:57am / Post ID: #

Marvel or DC Comics?
A Friend

Marvel DC Comics - Page 3

I personally prefer Marvel. It just seems to me that the characters and stories told are much more interesting while DC seems boring and repetitive with their story lines. While I do appreciate some DC works (certain Batman, Watchmen) I have a much wider span of favorites on the Marvel side. I can see why the DC fans prefer the franchise but I just can't agree.

30th Dec, 2009 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Marvel DC Comics Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews - Page 3

I'm a fan of Superman and therefore a fan of "Detective Comics" or DC as everyone knows them.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Marvel or DC Comics?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,